Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

IDW Publishing Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 13 2012, 09:34 PM   #16
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Re: DC Nation pulled from schedule!

We're probably going to get to point where people just want it to end. End the suffering brought on by CN.

Get to episode 20 and be done with it. Bring on the new Teen Titans cartoon and "Beware The Batman"

Let CN clean themselves of this 1/2 year mess
Old October 13 2012, 09:45 PM   #17
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Vulture Capitalist wrote: View Post
^ That's not technically confirmation.

That said, fuck you Cartoon Network:

Hey #DCNation fans! Have you heard?? DC Nation will return in January with all new episodes!

That... may as well be confirmation.
Is that real? It seems like a crazy parody!

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
We're probably going to get to point where people just want it to end. End the suffering brought on by CN.

Get to episode 20 and be done with it. Bring on the new Teen Titans cartoon and "Beware The Batman"

Let CN clean themselves of this 1/2 year mess
I'm sure the cycle will continue with the next one and so on.
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2012, 09:47 PM   #18
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

I could care less about the "Teen Titans" and "beware the batman". I just want CN to finish "Young Justice"

At least make it to the finish line
Old October 13 2012, 09:53 PM   #19
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

I don't want them to just finish it, I want them to give it at least another year or two. Why would they make such a massive decision at the last moment without even the consideration to tell the people who do TV listings, let alone the actual creators themselves? Or the DC Nation folks for that matter?

Ugh. Even if I was interested in the new TT or that new Batman show, why would I trust CN after this nonsense?

Guess I've got no reason to watch Cartoon Network until January... if even then, since the tweet doesn't actually mention any specific show.
Old October 13 2012, 09:57 PM   #20
sojourner
Vice Admiral

DC needs to start shopping their shows to another network. One that will actually, um, air the shows!
Old October 13 2012, 10:04 PM   #21
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Just heard. The episode that was supposed to air today was meant to be a mid-season cliffhanger

Hilarious
Old October 13 2012, 10:11 PM   #22
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

^ Yeah, saw that on Ask Greg a couple days ago. Apparently Weisman was told it was gonna be the hiatus episode months ago but then they decided to make it be "Depths" (which also worked) and his post was how excited he was for this episode to be aired this weekend.

sojourner wrote: View Post
DC needs to start shopping their shows to another network. One that will actually, um, air the shows!
Not that it's likely, but could DC do that, say to Nick for example?
Old October 13 2012, 10:30 PM   #23
sojourner
Vice Admiral

I have no idea, but hope the could.
Old October 13 2012, 11:52 PM   #24
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

This really really sucks. I just hate the way Cartoon Network airs it's shows. They just jerk them around way too much.
Old October 14 2012, 12:20 AM   #25
Skywalker
Admiral

Probably not. Cartoon Network is owned by Time Warner. Nickelodeon is a Viacom property. The only other cartoon channel that I can think of (aside from Disney XD), the Hub, is owned by Discovery and Hasbro. So it looks like DC is stuck with CN.
Skywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 01:01 AM   #26
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Jar Jar Binks wrote: View Post
Probably not. Cartoon Network is owned by Time Warner. Nickelodeon is a Viacom property. The only other cartoon channel that I can think of (aside from Disney XD), the Hub, is owned by Discovery and Hasbro. So it looks like DC is stuck with CN.
Synergy!!!
Old October 14 2012, 01:03 AM   #27
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Bah. If CN isn't willing to air their shows, DC should find another way. License the rights or something. /whine.

Saw this on Twitter: "Oh look! Wally West exists! Tim Drake is robin! Gonna have to shut this shit down before someone notices. " There's the true reason!

ETA: And another funny reaction, it'll be removed I'm sure but as of this edit you can find this paragraph on the DC Nation Wikipedia page:

DC Nationgate

Roughly 10 hours before it was supposed to air on the 13th of October, 2012, DC Nation and its programming (with Green Lantern the Animated Series, Young Justice, and the Amethyst Princess of Gemworld) set to air, it was abruptly pulled from network schedules. Neither DC nor Asshat Network has made any announcements of why it occurred, and DC Nation has summarily been pulled from the entire month of October. Attempts made to contact either entity have been met with silence. Not even the producers of the shows were told beforehand, with most learning later on from distraught fans, who were unable to become 'traught' and 'whelmed'.
Only later on the 13th was it finally announced that the cartoon block would be put on hold until January of 2013.

Last edited by Kestrel; October 14 2012 at 01:21 AM.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 01:10 AM   #28
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I don't know how much a writeup in USA Today is worth these days but I guess this was all wasted: LINK.

Maybe they can advertise that GI Joe movie when the show comes back.
Old October 14 2012, 01:35 AM   #29
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Jar Jar Binks wrote: View Post
Thank you vertical integration.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 01:46 AM   #30
jep316
Fleet Captain

I noticed on my Cable providers Video on Demand they pulled the episode last week from Green Lantern their just showing the first one with Guy Gardner,I don't know if they had aired the second Young Justice or not but only it's first episode of the season is available too.

Cartoon Network really loves to jerk the fans around on their favorite series don't they?

"Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever,you keep on talking." Hank Hill
jep316 is offline   Reply With Quote