Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 30 2012, 03:28 AM   #61
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: Daredevil back to Marvel Studios?

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
Circus Peanut wrote: View Post
Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
There's a third option: give the franchise back to Rami and let him make IV.
Ummmmm. No.
Why not? He made 3 very good and profitable Spider-Man films. Even 3 (the least well regarded) still grossed more than $70 million more than the reboot. (US only)
The third one may have made money but so did "Batman and Robin." That's not enough to satisfy fans who pretty strongly disliked "Spider-Man 3" for numerous reasons.
Old October 30 2012, 03:38 AM   #62
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Remember that the only reason why we have "The Amazing Spider-Man" and it's sequels is because of the falling out that Sam Rami had with Avi Arad and Sony Pictures. There's a reason why "Spider-Man 4" was cancelled and it was due to Rami being pissed off at the constant interference and suggestions from Arad, he wasn't able to just work and film the movie he wanted to make. It is also the reason why "Spider-Man 3" was flawed as well. I'm beginning to think the same thing happened with Marc Webb as well to a degree.

I don't see Spider-Man going back to Marvel Studios any time soon. It is possible for Sony to sell them back the rights, but I have read in the past that this would be in the billions of dollars rage, and even though Disney/Marvel has a boat load of cash I dunno if they'd be willing to spend that much. Who knows though.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; October 30 2012 at 03:55 AM.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 12:00 AM   #63
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Yeah, it's an old thread, but it's relevant...

Confirmation of Daredevil reverting back to Marvel.

I wonder why the delay in confirming what everybody pretty much already knew?
Old April 24 2013, 12:54 AM   #64
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

So this is just confirmation then?
Cause was it not official back in October?

Maybe this is full on "it's cleared all legal hoops, confirmation"?

At any rate the "How long till he shows in the MU, on screen or SHIELD, can start up now I suppose.
Phase 2 of the MCU is out, anyone think they'd put him on the small screen?
Phase 3 is underway with Dr.Strange being the only true known as Ant-Man seems described in both right now.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 01:31 AM   #65
Christopher
Writer

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
I wonder why the delay in confirming what everybody pretty much already knew?
It takes time to sort out the paperwork and make it official and everything. It's bad form to announce something before the contracts are signed -- particularly since, until that happens, there's always the possibility that the deal will fall through.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 04:40 AM   #66
Tosk
Rear Admiral

Also, it's not as though Marvel made a big announcement over it. Feige was asked and he answered. For all we know it was final and official back in October as many suspected. If Marvel have no strong plans for Daredevil at this point, there wouldn't be much point to announcing it right away. "We have Daredevil back! ...And we ain't doing shit with him!!"
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 04:58 AM   #67
JD
Admiral

It seems to me that he could be a good candidate if they do work superhero characters onto Agents of S.H.i.E.L.D., or for his own show. From what I've read it sounds like all you'd really need to do him would be a good stunt person who can do parkour and fight scenes.
Old April 24 2013, 05:07 AM   #68
Tosk
Rear Admiral

I would kill for a TV show that split his time between the law and hero storylines equally. And no CG, with very limited wirework. Just do it real for the movement, and once in a while go greenscreen for the really high-up stuff. Oh, if only!
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 06:04 AM   #69
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Sean O'Neal, The AV Club:
In somewhat-related news, no one is fighting over the rights to Elektra. You can probably have them, if you want.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 10:46 AM   #70
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Tosk wrote: View Post
I would kill for a TV show that split his time between the law and hero storylines equally. And no CG, with very limited wirework. Just do it real for the movement, and once in a while go greenscreen for the really high-up stuff. Oh, if only!
Yes! I'm hoping Marvel will try to expand their tv line-up and I think Daredevil would be an ideal candidate.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 10:46 AM   #71
TemporalFlux
Commodore

Gaith wrote: View Post
Sean O'Neal, The AV Club:
In somewhat-related news, no one is fighting over the rights to Elektra. You can probably have them, if you want.
Hehehe. Well, Elektra is a derivative right of Daredevil; she reverted back to Marvel when he did. So did Bullseye. So did Kingpin. The focus is on Daredevil news because he's the headliner, but Kingpin is probably more valuable to Marvel given that he can be the bridge across their entire street level universe. They now even have Wilson Fisk to play with in their Iron Man and Captain America movies.

I don't believe that Spidey should be the focus of acquisition, though. Marvel needs Fantastic Four back so that they can get access to the Skrulls.

Last edited by TemporalFlux; April 24 2013 at 11:00 AM.
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 11:33 AM   #72
Skywalker
Admiral

I think Spidey will be easier for Marvel/Disney to reacquire than Fantastic Four, though, given Sony's recent troubles with their film division.

I'd like to see Spidey, Daredevil and Punisher all under the same umbrella because all three share a lot of different qualities (street-level heroes, strong adversarial relationships with the Kingpin, lots of crossovers between the three).
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 01:00 PM   #73
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Tosk wrote: View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing that. I suspect that the rights were just movie rights, though, so there wasn't an impediment to doing a TV show if they had wanted to.

To me, Daredevil doesn't quite work in the Avengers universe. He would actually be best in the Spiderman universe if he isn't standing alone. I would like to see a new attempt at him, but, given this, they may just sit on the property for awhile.
Old April 24 2013, 01:05 PM   #74
Christopher
Writer

I had the thought that the best thing Marvel could do with the Daredevil rights was to license them to Sony. I agree that Spidey and DD should go together. And I think it's a bad idea for Marvel to have the rights to all their characters, since they can only make so many movies per year; farming them out to other studios lets us get more Marvel movies overall. And so far I like the new Spidey continuity.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 24 2013, 04:24 PM   #75
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

I could've seen DD working with Raimi/Maguire Spiderman.
The Webb/Garfield one though doesn't impress me at all.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote