Any old timers still around?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kgibsonuk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Leviathan

Leviathan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

how. how. HOW have you resisted the urge to enter POKE 59458,62!?!?

I miss my PET. Gone these many years to Silicon heaven. Curse you POKE 59458,62!

2. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

^by never hearing of that particular command, I suppose.
    Did you have that cool moon landing simulation game, too? I loved it. You could break or engage with the number keys but had only a limited supply of fuel. When you ran out of gas you crashed. I'm afraid I left quite a lot of craters on the virtual moon...
    indirectly. Am the only non-licensed person in a family of HAMs. Dad had one of the first licenses after the war (during the American occupation, even) and was head of the German club (DARC) for decades & was a packet radio and computer pioneer. So I basically grew up with that stuff. Am seriousely considering to get licensed now (since you don't have to do the Morse exam anymore).
    You a HAM, too, I guess?

73 88 :)

3. Luminus

Luminus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes and yes.:techman: I also remember the troll invasion and the war with trollkingdom. I joined in late 2001.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  4. rhubarbodendron

You must have joined shortly after me then :) Welcome back.
    Hmm, the longest thread ever would be quite a thing to repeat. But I fear Anthony would lock it the moment it goes past page #100. Maybe we could start one when he's on a vacation or has the flu? :devil:

5. Luminus

I remember that. So many stories from back in the day.

6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Yeah, the old days were so active and so many different and wild things were going on. It was pretty fun.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I miss those epic threads. 5:31 PM (and its nephew, Wromg?), Blue Warp Nacelles?, Shouting Spock, Facts about Captain Robau... Good times. :techman:

8. Luminus

There was once a poster who claimed the FBI showed up at his door, after he posted some questionable things here. I can't remember the name, though. Whatever happened to mostlyharmless?

9. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^I think there had been a few posters who said something like that, including problems with using the internet after posting something on the TrekBBS.

10. cooleddie74

"Facts About Captain Robau" never died.

It just merged and became one with Robau.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  11. rhubarbodendron

Good question. I have seen that name around a few years ago. I just can't recall where. Trollkingdom, TerranBBS or ExIsle, I think. Or maybe on IM? I'll keep my eyes open and PM you when I find out something.

Does anyone happen to be in contact with Freakish American Batboy? I miss him! He was such a friendly guy. Last thing I heard was that he got married. I hope he's happy :)

And what about Che Guevara? He seemed a nice and quite intelligent guy. Then one day, out of the blue he made death threats against an IRC technitian (both the technitian and I agreed that the kid was propably heavily intoxicated) and shortly after he vanished. Did he just change his name or did he end up in some toilet with a syringe in his vain, I wonder?

12. CDP

CDP Commodore Commodore

HI Kitty :) It's been a long time, I hope that you're well? x

13. cooleddie74

If it says anything about the board aging and some of us getting a little long in the tooth, the Xindi arc on Enterprise was airing exactly 10 years ago at this moment and the most recent new episode to be broadcast had been "Carpenter Street." More time has now passed since than passed between, say, the end of TNG and the Xindi storyline on ENT.

By comparison, there were a little over ten years between the cancellation and end of TOS and the premiere of ST:TMP in theaters. We're about at that same point.

14. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

No.

And get off my damn lawn. And Cooleddie, quick looking in my neighbors windows, they're blaming me for that shit since they caught me that one time.

15. cooleddie74

:shifty:

That bush doesn't conceal anything at all, dammit.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ *snickers*

17. rhubarbodendron

I'm a bit early, I know, but I am not sure when I'll have the time again to be online, so:

Merry Christmas to all my fellow oldtimers!!

And to those who are on my annual card and cookie mailing list: my sincere appologies. I haven't forgotten about you, only I am terribly behind schedule. First I cut my finger so badly that I couldn't bake cookies, then I got caught by a mean cold virus and didn't want to start a global epidemic.
    I'll bake the last cookies this afternoon, evening and propably night and my mail will get out first thing on Saturday. The cards and cookies should arrive in Europe after Cristmas but before New Year, outside of Europe between New Year and Epiphany. Sorry abut the delay! *hugs*

18. Verteron

Verteron Lux in tenebris lucet Premium Member

I'm still alive. Just.

19. rhubarbodendron

but you still have your old avatar.

20. Verteron

Verteron Lux in tenebris lucet Premium Member

Matter/Energy is never created or destroyed. It just changes form.
    Just call me Dr. Manhattan.