Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Wheaton Buys Wesley Crusher Hoodie

People’s Choice Award Nominations

Quinto: Not Internally Homophobic

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old October 25 2012, 10:33 AM   #136
lurok
Commodore

Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

One of my fave fun episodes (along with the WormHole Extreme one). I'm also with Sindatur on Martouf Surprised he never showed up as one of Tapping's boys on Sanctuary.
Old October 25 2012, 11:22 AM   #137
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

^She had quite the bevy of lads didn't she?

Out of Mind pt.1: So we have a story with a twist, a dramatic ending, the return of the glorious Hathor.. and a series of too-long flashbacks that could have been mentioned in few words or a single image for each. They couldn't take a perfectly good plot and make an entire episode out of it for the season finale? Blech. How disappointing.

However something very exciting has happened in this episode, though it remains to be seen whether it continues.

SOMEONE HAS CUT DANIEL'S HAIR!

:: happy happy happy ::

And on to Season 3.. and hoping the flashbacks don't continue for the opening episode.

Oh and just so this episode isn't a total write off here's a pic of Carter in a silver towel.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 25 2012, 12:57 PM   #138
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Into the Fire pt 2: No flashbacks! Was there a writer's strike for pt 1? While not exactly riveting it was a fine action adventure.

There were several lovely elements..

The beautiful Tokra agent. Also appeared on Battlestar Galactica as a deckhand.

And then we also got O'Neill swanning around in a white suit, his hair rather suddenly very silver. It's a great look.

"Welcome to Fantasy Island.."

I'm looking forward to what Season 3 has in store!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 25 2012, 02:31 PM   #139
The Wormhole
Admiral

teacock wrote: View Post
Into the Fire pt 2: No flashbacks! Was there a writer's strike for pt 1?
More likely, the budget ran out, or they had a really close deadline for filming part 1. Or both.
Old October 25 2012, 03:19 PM   #140
Lieutenant Commander

Into the Fire pt 2: No flashbacks! Was there a writer's strike for pt 1?
Both Showtime (seasons 1-5) and Sci Fi insistead on doing clip show / flashback episodes during the end of the seasons. Probably, as Wormhole said, to save some money,
Old October 25 2012, 06:57 PM   #141
gturner
Admiral

In the directors commentaries (and I think Ronald D Moore talked about this for BSG), clip shows allow you to shift budgeted money between episodes so you can support one that eats up a ton of sets or CGI. But what 46379.1 said might indicate that SciFi was trying to get some shows to do flashback season endings, which would of course be the end of that season's budget, so perhaps they wanted to use that money on some other show's season-ending budget-busting blowout, or perhaps some executive had his bonus based on how much a series came in under budget.

As for Carter covered by a silver towel, O'Neill definitely wanted to look, too.

And once again, we saw the failure of a Goa'uld hand-device, which seem to be less effective at inflicting face pain than pepper-spray. Sadly, at no point in the series did an SG member pepper spray a Goa'uld using a hand-device, in a cute "my hand weapon trumps your hand weapon" scene.

Little known fact: Hathor wasn't killed, just frozen, and she was later freed by a rival system lord. Then she escaped and to Earth and used her one skill (tricking unwary men in close proximity into worshipping her) to get a reality show, now calling herself "Kim Kardasian".
Old October 25 2012, 09:47 PM   #142
teacake
Fleet Admiral

I was disappointed to see that Hathor's nail polish was a frosted bronze in that ep. This seemed more suitable for Apophis.

As to looking.. he does look, at her back.. a rather long look and then he tells her she better change clothes with the guy on the floor

Thanks all for the flashback explanations!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 26 2012, 03:27 AM   #143
The Wormhole
Admiral

46379.1 wrote: View Post
Both Showtime (seasons 1-5) and Sci Fi insistead on doing clip show / flashback episodes during the end of the seasons.
I don't know about that. After all, Politics and Out of Mind were the only clip shows during the Showtime run.

I suspect the reason there were so many clip shows during the Sci-fi run was more to do with RDA's decreased availability. After all, they didn't do any after he left the show, and Atlantis only did one during its five year run. SGU didn't do any at all.
Old October 26 2012, 03:39 AM   #144
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

"Welcome to Fantasy Island.."

That's just far more creepy than I ever expected an SG-1 Caption to get
(I'm sure this is because I'm picturing Mr. Roarke judging NuKhan by Mr. Roarke's Standards)

First Judgmental statement would probably be "You Look Like Tattoo Flailing about like that"...(The Plane, The Plane, Bosth, The Plane)

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?

Last edited by Sindatur; October 26 2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old October 26 2012, 12:19 PM   #145
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
First Judgmental statement would probably be "You Look Like Tattoo Flailing about like that"...(The Plane, The Plane, Bosth, The Plane)
I had a really bad rejoinder to this. Let's just say it involved Teal'c and the DS9 episode One Little Ship and leave it at that. And now..

Seth: This has always been one of my least favorite names (apologies if any of you are actually named this, ack) because my mother had all the Seth books on her bookshelf and I thought all that newage stuff was creepy as fuck. So having Seth as the Goa'uld undercover cult leader in his own compound on earth (in the PNW no less!) fit rather nicely. This episode also gave us a Jaffa joke which was just.. priceless. The whole scene, Teal'c laughing out loud after he relayed it and everyone else's reactions was great.

This episode contains my so far favorite line in Stargate, spoken by O'Neill to Carter after she kills Seth using the magic Goa'uld bracelet she wields thanks to her past blending.

"Hail Dorothy."

I'd watch this episode twenty times over to hear him deliver that again.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne

Last edited by teacake; October 26 2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old October 27 2012, 03:08 AM   #146
DWF
Vice Admiral

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
46379.1 wrote: View Post
Both Showtime (seasons 1-5) and Sci Fi insistead on doing clip show / flashback episodes during the end of the seasons.
I don't know about that. After all, Politics and Out of Mind were the only clip shows during the Showtime run.

I suspect the reason there were so many clip shows during the Sci-fi run was more to do with RDA's decreased availability. After all, they didn't do any after he left the show, and Atlantis only did one during its five year run. SGU didn't do any at all.
The sixth and seventh season's cllip shows I do believe were because they spent more money on those season's finales. Clip shows are normally cost cutting measures as with TNG's Shades Of Grey.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
Old October 27 2012, 03:37 AM   #147
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Fair Game: This was kind of dull, though we learned a lot more about the Asgard. Loved seeing the system lords being all imperious in their dress ups. The stand out winner of this episode was Jacqueline Samuda as Nirrti, WOW. Another beautiful woman with an interesting face. Vicious and in harem gear.

She pretty much had this look on her face the whole time

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 27 2012, 05:00 AM   #148
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Legacy: Daniel was not feeling his best.

An interesting sci fi medical mystery. Carter saves the day again thanks to her blending powers. Is there nothing having a goa'uld in your gut for five minutes can't fix?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 27 2012, 05:09 AM   #149
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I love Legacy, as cornball as it is. The reactions of the team when they think one of their own has gone insane, the scenes of Daniel in the psych ward, the whole team losing it in the lab---good stuff.

Plus, any Danny-centric episode is, in my book, a good one.
Old October 27 2012, 05:18 AM   #150
teacake
Fleet Admiral

I thought it was almost odd how they think he's going insane because of gate travel. Don't they realize that when someone tells you they are seeing and hearing mysterious invisible aliens they are?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne