Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old August 20 2014, 04:25 PM   #1
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Jack (not) Daniels

Could you imagine if, instead of the ultra-bland Crewman Daniels, Enterprise's helper from the future was Captain Jack Harkness of Doctor Who/Torchwood fame? I think it would have been pretty damn awesome.
Old August 20 2014, 05:02 PM   #2
Melakon
Vice Admiral

Re: Jack (not) Daniels

No, because I have no idea who that is, whether it's a character or an actor. And it doesn't even have anything to do with Star Trek or Daniels. Maybe he's actors William Daniels, or Jeff Daniels. I've not watched Dr Who since Tom Baker was on it, and have never seen Torchwood. I have no idea what you're talking about. It's like you're just looking for a reason to criticize the show for something. Or maybe you've been drinking Jack Daniels, I have no idea.
Old August 20 2014, 05:17 PM   #3
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Jeff Daniels would have made a great ENT Daniels. Just spitballin'.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 20 2014, 06:12 PM   #4
Melakon
Vice Admiral

Yes, I think he's great, he can play intelligent scatterbrains beautifully.
Old August 20 2014, 08:37 PM   #5
asl
Ensign

The whole Daniel's/Temporal Car War story line was awful. Enterprise never hit its stride until Season 4. By then, sadly, it was too late.
asl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21 2014, 12:03 AM   #6
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Could you imagine if, instead of the ultra-bland Crewman Daniels, Enterprise's helper from the future was Captain Jack Harkness of Doctor Who/Torchwood fame? I think it would have been pretty damn awesome.
I would be totally slashing him with Hayes. Reed would be full of whiny jealousy. I also think Hoshi would fall hard and this would rather miff the more stalwart Starfleet types because this guy doesn't even have a uniform! Trip would see him as "a helluva guy" and maybe even have his poster on his wall.

Everyone would be scared of him and everyone would be drawn to him. Archer would fear being bamboozled but not be able to deny the evidence presented.

I predict T'Pol would immediately come into heat. That episode would be both deeply embarrassing and also inevitably hot.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21 2014, 05:40 PM   #7
Ithekro
Captain

Jack Harkness would have tried to sleep with just about everyone on the ship before Archer even found out he was a time traveller. The only one he wouldn't have at least tried to sleep with would be Porthos. And only because Jack has at least a small amount of standards. "Anything with a zip code" I think John Barrowman said once about his character Jack Harkness.

He is a 51st century human though. Would put even Risa to shame for what he would try to have sex with.

Though that would have made the episode they found that time travel pod (that's bigger on the inside) funnier if Jack was still around. He'd be looking for a Time Lord friend of his.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21 2014, 10:44 PM   #8
bluedana

The idea of the sheer consternation on Archer's face as he tries to get information from Jack while Jack scopes out and hits on every single crew member and alien in the vicinity of Enterprise is actually making me giggle a little. Archer doesn't have even a tiny fraction of Ten's patience.
Old August 21 2014, 11:07 PM   #9
Ithekro
Captain

It would end any complaints about not having a homosexual character on Star Trek. Though Jack is sort of Omnisexual.

Though would he be a time agent sent to observe from the future (pre-Doctor encounter), or would Jack be working all angles living up from the 19th century forwards (Torchwood route)? He wouldn't be the con artist due to the plot of the episodes.

The Time Agent path works for the plot, but the post-Torchwood route works for him coming back after getting killed...and the other fun bits. He woud also have lived though a lot of stuff in the present 22nd century, so he could fit in....well, as well as Jack fits into anything.

It could bring a bit of camp to Star Trek though.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2014, 01:54 AM   #10
JHarper
Lieutenant Junior Grade

He'd certainly be a step up from Crewman "Let me take every opportunity to tell you how great and important you are Captain Archer" Daniels.
JHarper is offline   Reply With Quote