New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Web Sites/Design

Web Sites/Design Talk about your websites here!

Old September 24 2012, 01:29 AM   #1
Wingsley
Commodore

Posting to YouTube - questions

Lately, I am a little irked at YouTube. I want to be able to post a long video there, but I can't do it because it is too long. You are supposed to be able to bypass the length rule if you give YouTube your cell phone number, but I can't find a means to convey my cell number. So it's like I'm "stuck in neutral." I tried asking on some YouTube forums, but there's either no response or I can't log-in.

My video is about 22 minutes in length. It was shot in DV in 2005, edited in Final Cut Pro, and originally put onto a DVD. I still have access to the footage in Final Cut.

I have thought about creating a separate YouTube account apart from my current personal account. I'm just wondering if I'll run into the same issue there with no resolution possible.

Is there a way to upload to YouTube using FTP software? If so, how?

If this is the wrong forum to be posting this, I apologize. I can't seem to find a good place to ask these questions. Any suggestions on a more appropriate forum (hopefully one where you can register and post the same day) would be appreciated.

T.I.A.

MY HARDWARE:
MacBook Pro Intel Core2Duo 2.33 GHz
iMac G4 1.25 Ghz

MY INTERNET CONNECTION
Verizon DSL Hi-speed
Old September 26 2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Shikarnov
Rear Admiral

Re: Posting to YouTube - questions

I can't answer your specific question about YouTube since I generally avoid using it like the plague due to many of the issues you've outlined, and a few more. That said, I've found Vimeo, however, to be a delightful alternative. You can brand your "home" page with your logo and a company description, upload to the site via a Web interface or via a proper program (like Dropbox or FTP), and embed your videos into sites and apps.