MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old October 6 2012, 07:43 PM   #16
Reanok
Commodore

Re: StarTrek.com Enterprise Poll

I voted I like it more.I'm suprised that's the number one vote for this Enterprise poll.
Reanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2012, 10:47 PM   #17
Skywalker
Admiral

Zombie Redshirt wrote: View Post
Jar Jar Binks wrote: View Post
I voted "I like it more," and I'm not surprised to see that option winning handily. I watched most of Season One when it first aired and was pretty underwhelmed, and tuned out until I happened to catch one of the Augments episodes a couple of years later. That got me back into the show and I ended up really loving Season Four (which is still my favorite season). When I went back and did a full rewatch of the show last year on Netflix, I found myself liking the earlier episodes more, too.
Those Augment episodes were what got me watching it again too! I randomly flipped through SyFy showing Enterprise one day and was like... Holy crap, it's Brent Spiner!!
For me it wasn't Brent Spiner (though that was a nice bonus), I've just always been really interested in Khan and the Eugenics Wars, and the nature of genetic engineering in the Star Trek universe. I always thought they didn't nearly do as much with that stuff as they could have. So when I realized what was going on in "Borderland" I was pretty much hooked right away.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2012, 11:32 PM   #18
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker

I voted for "It hasn't changed." I enjoyed it, warts and all, when it originally aired. As always, I'd be more inclined to watch season four episodes if given the opportunity.

Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2012, 06:42 PM   #19
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

When Enterprise was cancelled, I was sure that it would follow in the footsteps of TOS, growing in popularity once it came back in re-runs.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2012, 08:11 PM   #20
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Preconceived notions ruined my enjoyment of S1 and S2. having recently rewatched it for the first time, and letting go of my preconceived notions, I was able to enjoy S1 and S2 more (S4 I always liked, and S3 i always mostly liked).

So, yea, like it more now

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2012, 11:14 PM   #21
Middleman
Captain

View Middleman's Twitter Profile

And the results are in!

You like it; you really, really like it. StarTrek.com, for our latest poll, asked “How has your perception of Star Trek: Enterprise changed over the years?” The reply options were “I like it more,” “It hasn’t changed” and “I like it less.” “I like it more” snagged an impressive 59% percent of the vote, beating the 35% tallied by “It hasn’t changed” and the mere 7% accumulated by “I like it less.” Check out what some of your fellow fans had to say about their perception of Enterprise:
http://www.startrek.com/article/poll...-of-enterprise
Old October 11 2012, 01:40 PM   #22
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral

Unless it's just a problem with my internet connection, I notice the comments section below this article has been yanked from the site.

Nothing particularly controversial in what I posted. They shouldn't have cancelled it just as it was firing on all cylinders, yadda yadda... ongoing post Season 4 blues etc etc.

A fair mix of comments citing love, hate and indifference for the rest - the last time I checked.

EDIT: Turns out it's just me! Back again now. I probably need to delete my temporary internet files.

Last edited by ChristopherPike; October 11 2012 at 05:08 PM.
ChristopherPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2012, 05:45 PM   #23
KimM
Rear Admiral

teacock wrote: View Post
It's a rare bit of Trek I don't grow more fond of over time.
+1

teacock wrote: View Post
Watch it enough times Lurok and the bad bits end up as comfort junk food. You'll be looking forward to the gazelle speech like you look forward to really bad holiday candy.
I even listen to the opening song and have learned to love it although I was pretty "meh" about it when it first aired.

SO, love it even more than when it first aired.