New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old October 9 2012, 05:35 PM   #31
Fastwalker
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Heck Yeah Moments in Trek

1) Four words:

THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!
(Great episode)

2) Enterprise-E saving Defiant's little ass from the Borg

3) When Picard refused to surrender to the Klingons by saying, "That'll be the day." (Yesterday's Enterprise)

4) When Chakotay tried to settle down with Janeway after he built her a tub.
Fastwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2012, 08:29 PM   #32
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
TiberiusMaximus wrote: View Post
Worf snapping Weyoun's neck.
Which of course leads to one of Damar's greatest lines ever (to the next Weyoun) - something about "Maybe you should talk to Worf again."
I got quite the chuckle out of the revelation that Damar had made something of a hobby of killing Weyouns.
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2012, 12:19 AM   #33
Nightdiamond
Fleet Captain

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
Nightdiamond wrote: View Post
The Defiant linking up with the huge Federation/ Klingon fleet in Call to Arms.

It's the first time we see a huge Federation fleet, ready for war onscreen, the music said it all.
And the very next episode turned that on it's head by showing part of that same fleet limping home shot all to hell and back, which was very effective in grounding out the "heck yeah!" and replacing it with "Oh Crap!"
Had to admit, I didn't see that coming. There were like only 5 or something ships left in that scene .

DS9, Soldiers of the Empire--when the Klingon ship turns around and heads back towards the Jem Hadar they spotted.

They're doing this while the crew is singing this warrior song.

Another is Favor The Bold when the Federation fleet is leaving a Starbase to stop the Dominion.
Nightdiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2012, 12:29 AM   #34
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

when the Enterprise hits Kruge's Bird of Prey with a photon torpedo right as it decloaks.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 08:29 AM   #35
Fastwalker
Lieutenant Junior Grade

At the end of BOBW part 1, when Riker said, "Fire..." and we get the "To be continued..." i was like, "F-yeah! Blast the remaining hair off of that proper captain-turned-Borg."

When Worf gently applies the killing blow on Duras just as Picard protests. Its nice when a punk-ass gets what he deserves.

It was a "heck yeah" moment for me in "The Die is Cast" when a romulan personnel said there were 144 Jem'Hadar fighters swarming towards their measly 20 starships. Yes, i was rooting for the Founders.

As a "heck yeah" and, at the same time, "oh shiiiiite" moment, i have to give it to near the end of "The Jem'Hadar" episode. Where a Jem'Hadar attack fighter rammed the USS Odyssey (Galaxy-class). That was an awesome moment which gave a hint on how the Dominion War would be. Epic!
Old October 14 2012, 03:25 PM   #36
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
TiberiusMaximus wrote: View Post
Worf snapping Weyoun's neck.
Which of course leads to one of Damar's greatest lines ever (to the next Weyoun) - something about "Maybe you should talk to Worf again."
I got quite the chuckle out of the revelation that Damar had made something of a hobby of killing Weyouns.
yeah, it's implied that Damar was responsible for the 'accident' that killed Weyoun 5, isn't it?
Old October 14 2012, 03:52 PM   #37
Revolution
Ensign

When the Enterprise surfaces below the Reliant in TWOK.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 11:24 PM   #38
sbk1234
Rear Admiral

The one good line Wesley has in the entire run, which almost makes up for "I'm with Starfleet, we don't lie."
From Sarek: To Geordi: "At least I don't have to get my women on the holodeck!"

"It's a fucking TV show!" - Gary Lockwood
sbk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 11:50 PM   #39
The Keeper
Commodore

Lore: [to Wesley] The troublesome little manchild... Are you prepared for the kind of death you've earned, little man?

Then the heck yeah moment was ruined by Beverly entering the room. So close.
Old October 15 2012, 02:39 PM   #40
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Fastwalker wrote: View Post
When Worf gently applies the killing blow on Duras just as Riker protests. Its nice when a punk-ass gets what he deserves.
Fixed it for you.

There's also a little Heck Yeah/Oh Shit moment when the Defiant decloaks in front of the SS Xhosa when it was revealed that Cassidy Yates had been suppiling the Maquis in "For the Cause".

Cassidy: "Oh my God...!"

And then Sisko and a security squad beam onto her bridge. I almost wanted Sisko so say something like "Hi honey."

Cut to later as Eddington shoots Kira. Course, by then we saw it coming.
Old October 15 2012, 06:44 PM   #41
siskokid888
Fleet Captain

Come on man - when the Klingon Birds-of-Prey decloak surrounding the Romulan Warbirds in "The Defector". The ultimate.
"Enterprise, starship, the places you've been to, the things that you've shown us, the stories you tell, Enterprise, starship we sing to your spirit and the beings that have served you so long and so well"
siskokid888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2012, 08:49 PM   #42
Fastwalker
Lieutenant Junior Grade

siskokid888 wrote: View Post
Come on man - when the Klingon Birds-of-Prey decloak surrounding the Romulan Warbirds in "The Defector". The ultimate.
Agree, siskokid. That was also a good "Heck Yeah" moment in Star Trek. 2 Romulan Warbirds vs 1 Galaxy and 3 Bird-of-Preys. That's a fight I'll pay Pay-Per-View for. How would've the battle ended?

1 Romulan Warbird is said to be equivalent to a Galaxy-class starship. Best tactic is for both Warbirds focus their firepower on Enterprise-D. They could probably cripple or destroy E-D before getting themselves blown.

The 3 BoPs were K'Vort class. B'rel class (158m long) is the smaller of the 2 types of BoP. B'rels are essentially fast attack or scout ships. K'Vort are cruisers who measure 678m long. In comparison, Galaxy-class ships are 643m long.

We can assume K'Vort ships are not as strong as a Galaxy-class. But 3 K'Vorts can easily kick a Galaxy-class -- as seen in the finale of TNG episode "Yesterday Enterprise".

So returning to the fantasy battle from "The Defector". The BoPs could focus on 1 warbird while E-D kept the other Romulan ship busy. In the end, Fed-Kling would prevail. But, the Romulans would win a morale victory by severely crippling or destroying StarFleet's flagship.
Old October 15 2012, 09:19 PM   #43
T'Cal
Commodore

In TNG's The Defector: Picard refuses to accept Tomalak's terms, and Tomalak is not at all surprised. He asks if Picard is willing to risk the lives of his crew for a lost cause, and Picard says if the cause is just and honorable, his crew will follow him. He asks if Tomalak is also prepared to die, and Tomalak scoffs at him, expecting more than an idle threat, to which Picard replies "You shall have it." He instructs Worf to signal three cloaked Klingon Birds-of-Prey to reveal themselves – surrounding the Romulan ships. HECK, YEAH!
Old October 15 2012, 09:29 PM   #44
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

^^^ I love that moment too. Here it is for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Last edited by Satyrquaze; October 16 2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: misplaced clip
Satyrquaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2012, 09:49 PM   #45
siskokid888
Fleet Captain

Fastwalker wrote: View Post
siskokid888 wrote: View Post
Agree, siskokid. That was also a good "Heck Yeah" moment in Star Trek. 2 Romulan Warbirds vs 1 Galaxy and 3 Bird-of-Preys. That's a fight I'll pay Pay-Per-View for. How would've the battle ended?

1 Romulan Warbird is said to be equivalent to a Galaxy-class starship. Best tactic is for both Warbirds focus their firepower on Enterprise-D. They could probably cripple or destroy E-D before getting themselves blown.

The 3 BoPs were K'Vort class. B'rel class (158m long) is the smaller of the 2 types of BoP. B'rels are essentially fast attack or scout ships. K'Vort are cruisers who measure 678m long. In comparison, Galaxy-class ships are 643m long.

We can assume K'Vort ships are not as strong as a Galaxy-class. But 3 K'Vorts can easily kick a Galaxy-class -- as seen in the finale of TNG episode "Yesterday Enterprise".

So returning to the fantasy battle from "The Defector". The BoPs could focus on 1 warbird while E-D kept the other Romulan ship busy. In the end, Fed-Kling would prevail. But, the Romulans would win a morale victory by severely crippling or destroying StarFleet's flagship.
Good analysis. I always figured that Tomalak was threatening to use both Warbirds to open up and destroy the E, hence "you will not survive our assault". But the 3 BoPs would let lose from angles on the Warbirds, plus whatever the E could let fly, ripping them up, which prompted Picard's "you won't survive ours". And I agree - I'd pay good dough to see how it would have played out!
"Enterprise, starship, the places you've been to, the things that you've shown us, the stories you tell, Enterprise, starship we sing to your spirit and the beings that have served you so long and so well"
siskokid888 is offline   Reply With Quote