RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,577
Posts: 5,403,012
Members: 24,865
Currently online: 522
Newest member: shyrim

TrekToday headlines

October-November 2014 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Cho Selfie TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

TPTB To Shatner: Shhh!
By: T'Bonz on Sep 30

Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 3 2013, 10:25 AM   #76
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral
 
JoeZhang's Avatar
 
Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

What an odd sexually repressed argument you all seem to be having - the character seems to be wearing perfectly normal clothes in the link provided above.

I know you Americans have issues when it comes to women but really you'd think she was being spit-roasted live on screen every week.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2013, 08:50 PM   #77
FFunctionalData
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

that cleavage comment had to be a troll.
FFunctionalData is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2013, 09:29 AM   #78
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral
 
A beaker full of death's Avatar
 
Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

the G-man wrote: View Post
Actually BfoD is (partially) correct. While Liz was supposed to be boyish, Fey herself displayed a fair amount of (very fine IMO) cleavage in a number of episodes, often with Liz wearing a moderately low cut shirt under her blazer.
Thank you. This is the sort of wardrobe I was referring to.


boobatuba wrote: View Post
Where's his evidence? As noted, she's received multiple awards and countless accolades for her work. It doesn't seem like she needs to rely on her physical attributes at all.

That's why I find such a comment sexist.
The evidence is linked above. However, I was overly flippant in saying her cleavage only got her so far. I did not mean it was the reason for her success. Rather, it was calculatedly eye-catching, especially in contrast with the persona she otherwise tried to project, and frankly, it was responsible for my watching that show a few times more than I might have otherwise.
So think me sexist if you must. I am quite satisfied that I am not.


FFunctionalData wrote: View Post
that cleavage comment had to be a troll.
I'm sorry, who the fuck are you and when did you get here?
__________________
"shall not be infringed" is naturally open to infringements of all kinds, because shut up and think of the children.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...#ixzz2ImW0V3GV
A beaker full of death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2013, 04:45 PM   #79
boobatuba
Rear Admiral
 
boobatuba's Avatar
 
Location: Stillwater, OK
Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
boobatuba wrote: View Post
Where's his evidence? As noted, she's received multiple awards and countless accolades for her work. It doesn't seem like she needs to rely on her physical attributes at all.

That's why I find such a comment sexist.
The evidence is linked above. However, I was overly flippant in saying her cleavage only got her so far. I did not mean it was the reason for her success. Rather, it was calculatedly eye-catching, especially in contrast with the persona she otherwise tried to project, and frankly, it was responsible for my watching that show a few times more than I might have otherwise.
So think me sexist if you must. I am quite satisfied that I am not.
I didn't say that you're sexist. I said that your statement was. Big difference.
__________________
Your benevolent dictator for life.
boobatuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2013, 07:14 PM   #80
FFunctionalData
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

A beaker full of death wrote: View Post

I'm sorry, who the fuck are you and when did you get here?
my name and join date are on display in my profile so all your questions are answered. By your response you seem very upset but to me your cleavage comment made no sense so either it was joke or you are easily aroused. either way
FFunctionalData is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 03:00 AM   #81
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral
 
Geoff Peterson's Avatar
 
Location: 20 feet from an outlet
Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
boobatuba wrote: View Post
Where's his evidence? As noted, she's received multiple awards and countless accolades for her work. It doesn't seem like she needs to rely on her physical attributes at all.

That's why I find such a comment sexist.
The evidence is linked above. However, I was overly flippant in saying her cleavage only got her so far. I did not mean it was the reason for her success. Rather, it was calculatedly eye-catching, especially in contrast with the persona she otherwise tried to project, and frankly, it was responsible for my watching that show a few times more than I might have otherwise.
So think me sexist if you must. I am quite satisfied that I am not.
Sorry, but you can see that much cleavage on any number of women in numerous social environments any day of the week. It's hardly "calculating".
__________________
Nerys Myk
Geoff Peterson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2013, 02:05 AM   #82
Rainbow Dash
Osmotic Knowledge
 
Rainbow Dash's Avatar
 
Location: J. Allen's House
Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
boobatuba wrote: View Post
Where's his evidence? As noted, she's received multiple awards and countless accolades for her work. It doesn't seem like she needs to rely on her physical attributes at all.

That's why I find such a comment sexist.
The evidence is linked above. However, I was overly flippant in saying her cleavage only got her so far. I did not mean it was the reason for her success. Rather, it was calculatedly eye-catching, especially in contrast with the persona she otherwise tried to project, and frankly, it was responsible for my watching that show a few times more than I might have otherwise.
So think me sexist if you must. I am quite satisfied that I am not.
Sorry, but you can see that much cleavage on any number of women in numerous social environments any day of the week. It's hardly "calculating".
She tasks him. She tasks him and he shall have her. He'll chase her round the Moons of Nibia, and round the Antares Maelstrom, and round Perdition's flames before he gives her up! Prepare to alter blouse!
__________________
"I'm Star Swirl the Bearded! Father of the amniomorphic spell?
Did you even read that book I gave you about obscure unicorn history?" - Twilight Sparkle
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Brony Kingdom
Rainbow Dash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2013, 08:10 AM   #83
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral
 
A beaker full of death's Avatar
 
Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post

Sorry, but you can see that much cleavage on any number of women in numerous social environments any day of the week. It's hardly "calculating".
The workplace is not a social environment. That amount of cleavage is inappropriate in most work environments (assuming one is not the main attraction at the Superbowl halftime show). My firm has sent young associates home to change for showing less.
And yes, it is entirely calculated. No one accidentally shows off their solar plexus in the office.
__________________
"shall not be infringed" is naturally open to infringements of all kinds, because shut up and think of the children.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...#ixzz2ImW0V3GV
A beaker full of death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2013, 10:35 AM   #84
Beagleman
Captain
 
Beagleman's Avatar
 
Location: European Union
Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
The workplace is not a social environment. That amount of cleavage is inappropriate in most work environments (assuming one is not the main attraction at the Superbowl halftime show). My firm has sent young associates home to change for showing less.
And yes, it is entirely calculated. No one accidentally shows off their solar plexus in the office.
Is your firm located in Saudi Arabia or the Vatican by any chance?
Beagleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2013, 04:42 PM   #85
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral
 
Geoff Peterson's Avatar
 
Location: 20 feet from an outlet
Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post

Sorry, but you can see that much cleavage on any number of women in numerous social environments any day of the week. It's hardly "calculating".
The workplace is not a social environment. That amount of cleavage is inappropriate in most work environments (assuming one is not the main attraction at the Superbowl halftime show). My firm has sent young associates home to change for showing less.
And yes, it is entirely calculated. No one accidentally shows off their solar plexus in the office.
Of course the work place is a social environment. Any place that people gather is one. You're a lawyer, not a comedy writer. I imagine the dress code is different in a writers room or TV studio. So what are your thoughts on Jenna or Ceries clothing? Liz comes across as a woman who's unaware that she might be showing more than she knows.

How is it calculated? Remember we're looking at Liz Lemon not Tina Fey. Solar Plexus???? I think the neck line would have to plunge a bit lower for that. Liz comes across as a woman who's unaware that she might be showing more than she knows.
__________________
Nerys Myk
Geoff Peterson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2013, 07:59 PM   #86
Rainbow Dash
Osmotic Knowledge
 
Rainbow Dash's Avatar
 
Location: J. Allen's House
Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

Next she'll be showing her goddamn devil ankles.
__________________
"I'm Star Swirl the Bearded! Father of the amniomorphic spell?
Did you even read that book I gave you about obscure unicorn history?" - Twilight Sparkle
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Brony Kingdom
Rainbow Dash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2013, 08:19 PM   #87
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral
 
Geoff Peterson's Avatar
 
Location: 20 feet from an outlet
Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

Anything goes.
__________________
Nerys Myk
Geoff Peterson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2013, 02:58 AM   #88
Mr Light
Admiral
 
Location: Pennsylvania
Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

30 ROCK is one of my all time favorite sit coms, vying with Arrested Development for the top spot. An amazingly talented and hilarious series. I'm really sad it's over, but I'm so happy we got seven years despite low ratings. With this and The Office ending (yeah, I still like it!), next year's comedy schedule is going to be vast inferior...
__________________

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.