Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old December 4 2012, 01:57 PM   #31
the G-man
Commodore

Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

Like Mr Light I watch it on DVR a week or more later.
the G-man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2012, 11:57 PM   #32
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Well Jenna finally got her surprise wedding.

"SECRET PLAAAAAAN!!"

And Florence Henderson was great, especially pounding Windex in the elevator.

Too bad about Jack's mom. I loved her. She was terrific.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2012, 04:48 PM   #33
J.T.B.
Commodore

1001001 wrote: View Post

And Florence Henderson was great, especially pounding Windex in the elevator.

Too bad about Jack's mom. I loved her. She was terrific.
Elaine Stritch has been absolutely wonderful in that role, she deserves another Emmy. But the series is ending and it was a good sendoff for Colleen, I thought.

Loved seeing Andrea Martin, too.
J.T.B. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2012, 06:02 PM   #34
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Even though the quality has gone down a bit for the usual reasons (characters becoming characters of themselves, writer exhaustion, etc.) I'm still going to miss this show when it's gone. It's one of the few shows I can watch over an over, though, so hopefully it'll at least stay in sindication somewhere.
Mister Fandango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2012, 06:37 PM   #35

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Even though the quality has gone down a bit for the usual reasons (characters becoming characters of themselves, writer exhaustion, etc.) I'm still going to miss this show when it's gone. It's one of the few shows I can watch over an over, though, so hopefully it'll at least stay in sindication somewhere.
The series (seasons 1-6) is on Netflix.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old December 14 2012, 02:26 PM   #36
the G-man
Commodore

A little aside here, but I don't see network shows in syndication as much as I used to. It seems to be infomercials, gossip and even reality shows. I wonder if its because so many of the network shows get tied up with basic cable first
Old December 14 2012, 04:20 PM   #37

30 Rock is in syndication on WGN and Comedy Central.
Old December 14 2012, 06:46 PM   #38
the G-man
Commodore

Exactly my point. WGN and Comedy Central are basic cable channels, as opposed to the strictly local stations where one used to find syndicated reruns of network sitcoms.
Old December 14 2012, 06:58 PM   #39

the G-man wrote: View Post
Exactly my point. WGN and Comedy Central are basic cable channels, as opposed to the strictly local stations where one used to find syndicated reruns of network sitcoms.
It's also on our local Fox affiliate twice a day.
Old January 27 2013, 08:17 AM   #40
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

We're less than a week away from the final episode and I'm sad. After Thursday we won't see these characters anymore and every week they are doing such a great job bringing closure to the series. The last few episodes have been some of 30 Rocks best as a series, and this last one was all kinds of fun and emotional. Having Kenneth being named president of NBC felt just right, and it was cool seeing Liz meet mini Tracy and Jenna for her children.

I'm going to miss this show, and I think I might cry after the finale. I wish a series like Voyager would have learned from 30 Rock. This is how you bring a series to closure, completing arcs in all the episodes since the beginning of the year and leaving a sense of what are they going to do with the finale. Can't wait till Thursday.
Old January 27 2013, 01:03 PM   #41
Mr Light
Admiral

While I felt this season was not as good as previous ones, this closing batch of episodes quickly changed that. This is one of my all time favorite sit-coms and I'm going to be very sad to see it gone, but thank god it lasted seven years despite horrible ratings!

I'm hoping for more information on Kenneth being hundreds of years old in the finale, but they already gave a big answer to that in that episode this year when we met his parents...

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2013, 04:32 PM   #42
the G-man
Commodore

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
We're less than a week away from the final episode and I'm sad. After Thursday we won't see these characters anymore and every week they are doing such a great job bringing closure to the series. The last few episodes have been some of 30 Rocks best as a series, and this last one was all kinds of fun and emotional. Having Kenneth being named president of NBC felt just right, and it was cool seeing Liz meet mini Tracy and Jenna for her children.
This past episode actually felt like a series finale. Until I saw the preview for next week I started to think I'd just watched the final episode.
Old January 27 2013, 07:23 PM   #43
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

the G-man wrote: View Post
This past episode actually felt like a series finale. Until I saw the preview for next week I started to think I'd just watched the final episode.
It almost seems like what we're getting this week will be like an epilogue. The last episode definitely felt like a series finale, but I'm glad we have at least an hour left.
Old January 27 2013, 07:59 PM   #44
the G-man
Commodore

I just hope the epilogue doesn't end up undoing the good will that the previous episode engendered.
Old January 27 2013, 11:54 PM   #45

We're less than a week away from the final episode and I'm sad. After Thursday we won't see these characters anymore and every week they are doing such a great job bringing closure to the series. The last few episodes have been some of 30 Rocks best as a series, and this last one was all kinds of fun and emotional. Having Kenneth being named president of NBC felt just right
Jack predicted this early in Season One (although he was off by 2 years): "In five years we'll all either be working for him....or dead by his hand."

and it was cool seeing Liz meet mini Tracy and Jenna for her children.
Yes, that was perfect.

I am very sad to see 30 Rock go. It is probably my favorite sitcom of all time. I'll miss everyone, especially Jack. He is just fantastic.

Lemon: "Why are you wearing a tux?"
Jack: "It's after 6:00. What am I, a farmer?"

I'm sure the finale will be lots of fun.