New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 15 2012, 10:10 AM   #1
NrobbieC
Commander

Imaginaerum

Nightwish's movie Imaginaerum has it's premier on the 10th of November following a concert , what I would give to be there. And then in Finnish cinemas on the 23rd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U84fhOqqRBY

To go with the film, they're releasing a score album, featuring some divine new versions of the songs from last year's album. Nightwish have ramped everything to 11 recently, album, live shows, I imagine the film will be excellent too. Hate to sound like a gushing fan but they're better than ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQTu4...ature=youtu.be
NrobbieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 11:55 AM   #2
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu
Re: Imaginaerum

Can't wait to see it, been waiting for news or hints at all about it since before the album was released.
Old September 15 2012, 06:30 PM   #3
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Is the music from the score different than the orchestral only versions of the songs from the album?

I'm a huge fan, but "better then ever"? Not quite. "As good as ever" I'll agree with.

Any ideas of a DVD/blu-ray release timetable?
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 06:35 PM   #4
NrobbieC
Commander

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
Is the music from the score different than the orchestral only versions of the songs from the album?

I'm a huge fan, but "better then ever"? Not quite. "As good as ever" I'll agree with.

Any ideas of a DVD/blu-ray release timetable?
Yeah, actually better based on the sample I was underwhelmed by the orchestrals mostly, but those type of orchestrals feel like half a song to me, as opposed to these which are new recordings.

No idea on DVDs yet.

We'll have to agree to disagree, personally I think they keep getting better.
Old September 15 2012, 07:50 PM   #5
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

My issue is, I've heard Anette do live versions of some Tarja-era stuff & she didn't sound good.

Musically, they're still a great as ever, maybe better, but I miss Tarja in there. Her voice was made for symphonic metal & visa versa.

The orchestral versions are the same song/same mix without the vocal track, so yeah, sometimes they doesn't sound quite right as instrumentals.
Old September 15 2012, 08:08 PM   #6
NrobbieC
Commander

Ah, I don't like Tarja so Anette doing pre-Era stuff has never bothered me. Quite the opposite actually, Anette is my favourite singer so yeah, bias galore.
Old September 16 2012, 10:32 AM   #7
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

I much prefer Anette anyway, and I was listening to the Tarja era stuff for years before she turned up.
Old September 16 2012, 11:05 AM   #8
NrobbieC
Commander

I didn't discover them until 2008.
Old September 16 2012, 12:08 PM   #9
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

You missed Dark Passion Play's release then, Amaranth is one of my favourite songs of their entire discography.
Old September 16 2012, 12:38 PM   #10
NrobbieC
Commander

Yeah, I love what the new live version they started doing this year. I'm sort of glad I wasn't around then, the Tarjatards* are still whining today and she was fired 7 years ago (next month, iirc) back then there would've been in full force.

*Tarjatards are different to Tarja fans just to be clear.
Old September 16 2012, 12:44 PM   #11
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Ugh yeah they were, you couldn't go to a single site without seeing someone taking a potshot at Anette or bashing the band for accepting her.
Old September 16 2012, 06:49 PM   #12
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

^ If fans did that for every band that changed lead singers, sheesh. (They probably do, but I don't go to that many other sites)

I discovered NW around 2006, so, after Tarja was fired, but before they hired Anette, so I don't have the unnatural fixation for Tarja.

I still prefer Tarja's voice for this kind of music, but I own both Anette albums.
Old October 1 2012, 04:22 PM   #13
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Sorry to necro the thread but Nightwish just posted this on their Facebook Group Page.

Press statement

Another chapter of the Nightwish story has ended today. Nightwish and Anette Olzon have decided to part company, in mutual understanding, for the good of all parties involved.

In recent times it has become increasingly obvious that the direction and the needs of the band were in conflict, and this has led to a division from which we cannot recover.

Nightwish has no intention of cancelling any upcoming shows, and as a result we have decided to bring in a substitute vocalist starting in Seattle 1.10.2012. Her name is Floor Jansen from The Netherlands (ex-After Forever, ReVamp), and she has graciously stepped in to help us complete the Imaginaerum world tour.

We are all strongly committed to this journey, this vehicle of spirit, and we are sure that this will lead to a brighter future for everyone.

We forever remain excited about the adventures to come, and we are extremely proud of the two beautiful albums and the wonderful shows we shared together.

- NIGHTWISH & Anette Olzon
Old October 1 2012, 04:40 PM   #14
NrobbieC
Commander

What?!

I suppose she does have 2 kids and stuff so priorities. Still tragic.

Edit: seems she's also had health problems. The internet is going to be full of hate and bring back Tarja comments again I'd wager.
Old October 1 2012, 05:52 PM   #15
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

The break with Tarja was probably way too acrimonious for that reunion to ever occur.

Those statements have none of the negativity of the ones put out when Tarja was sacked.

Still, if anyone can fill in for the live shows well, it's Floor. She doesn't quite have Tarja's perfect tone, but close.