MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old October 13 2012, 05:17 PM   #76
ichab
Commodore

Re: Sons of Mogh... AWFUL ending

I agree that the ending wasn't very satisfying, but considering the amount of things the writers got right on this show, I'll give them a pass for an occasional screw up like this.

I DO wish we could have seen Kurn later in the last season during the whole dominion war arc. Possibly as a loyal Klingon fighter who ironically ends up loyal to Gowron. That would have been interesting.
Old October 13 2012, 10:37 PM   #77
Nightdiamond
Fleet Captain

Probably would have been even more powerful if they did that with Alexander.

I think the problem is a lot of fans might have been tired of the tragedy for Worf arc that kept occurring.

It was as if they threw Kurn's life away to write it in the story.

Kurn was an interesting character, so it seemed like the way he exited the series was...awkward.

It would have been cool to have seen him later on his new life and identity.
Nightdiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2012, 10:40 PM   #78
R. Star
Rear Admiral

ichab wrote: View Post

I DO wish we could have seen Kurn later in the last season during the whole dominion war arc. Possibly as a loyal Klingon fighter who ironically ends up loyal to Gowron. That would have been interesting.
That would have been quite ironic. It's even odds if Gowron would recognize him though. Of course knowing how twisted he is, he'd probably appreciate the irony of grooming Kurn to kill Worf or something.
Old October 14 2012, 02:54 AM   #79
Jono
Rear Admiral

DonIago wrote: View Post
I'm pretty sure in "Ethics" Worf intended to have Riker kill him. Riker then points out that it's Alexander's role to kill him, not Riker's. But there's no mention of Worf killing himself.

Riker explains the ritual at around the 5:50 mark.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14 2012, 04:37 AM   #80
Worf'sParmach
Commander

That would have been really good! Not even that far fetched, as Kurn once fought for Gowron during the Klingon Civil War. He could have been living as "Rodek," Gowron figures out who he really is and uses it against Worf. Worf is then faced with having to kill him knowing it was his brother.
Old October 14 2012, 04:48 AM   #81
Mr_Homn
Captain

Worf'sParmach wrote: View Post
That would have been really good! Not even that far fetched, as Kurn once fought for Gowron during the Klingon Civil War. He could have been living as "Rodek," Gowron figures out who he really is and uses it against Worf. Worf is then faced with having to kill him knowing it was his brother.
Something like that would definitely go a long way to retroactively making "sons of mogh" a better episode within the greater continuity as well, because it's not such a crappy ending for a great character.
Old October 14 2012, 05:23 AM   #82
R. Star
Rear Admiral

The height of irony being all Gowron would have to do is tell "Rodek" the truth. "Your brother cost you your honor, then wiped your mind and tossed you aside like garbage. He destroyed your life, but you can get it back by killing him!"
Old October 14 2012, 05:47 AM   #83
Mr_Homn
Captain

Zombie Redshirt wrote: View Post
The height of irony being all Gowron would have to do is tell "Rodek" the truth. "Your brother cost you your honor, then wiped your mind and tossed you aside like garbage. He destroyed your life, but you can get it back by killing him!"
I can definitely hear that in Gowron's voice. Nice.
Old October 14 2012, 04:19 PM   #84
Anwar
Vice Admiral

That's actually happening in a novel. Kurn/Rodek gets into some kind of accident that starts undoing Bashir's mind wipe (which was really a type of suppression) and realizes "Worf...you did something to me..."
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2012, 01:26 AM   #85
Worf'sParmach
Commander

Zombie Redshirt wrote: View Post
I can totally hear Gowron saying that. I'm going to now pretend this is what actually happened,

I can't imaging TPTB didn't think of this also. There must have been some type of scheduling issues with Tony Todd. The way Sons of Mogh ended, I just knew we'd see him again. Letting that be the end of things was too "TNG."
Old October 24 2012, 03:47 AM   #86
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago

No...TNG would have found a way for Kurn's situation to be resolved without Worf having to have his memory blanked.
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2012, 04:21 AM   #87
Dream
Admiral

I can't imaging TPTB didn't think of this also. There must have been some type of scheduling issues with Tony Todd. The way Sons of Mogh ended, I just knew we'd see him again. Letting that be the end of things was too "TNG."
I think you meant too "VOY."

TNG mostly followed through with big event episodes.
Old October 24 2012, 06:37 PM   #88
Tom Riker
Lieutenant

Gotta hand it to Worf. When he broke his back he begged Riker to kill him, but he was too chicken. When Kurn realizes he has nothing to live for, Worf mans up and doesn’t hesitate.
Tom Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2012, 07:40 PM   #89
John Mason
Lieutenant Commander

pa'tach
John Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2012, 10:16 PM   #90
Worf'sParmach
Commander

Dream wrote: View Post
I think you meant too "VOY."

TNG mostly followed through with big event episodes.
Yes, that is probably more accurate.