Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old October 24 2012, 05:40 PM   #76
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

Re: Dexter - Season 7 (with Spoilers)

davejames wrote: View Post
I don't know about arrested, but I'd be surprised if Angel or LaGuerta didn't at least learn the truth by the finale (Quinn will probably have been whacked by the mob by then, the way it's looking).
I've been wondering how this will play out. I'm not sure if Quinn will get killed, but he does seem to owe Dexter a favor since he didn't get charged after finding RoboCop's blood on his shoe.
Old October 24 2012, 09:19 PM   #77
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

I just can't imagine Quinn staying around for much longer. He's already an awful cop and he looks like a serious crackhead with those sunken skeletal cheeks.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2012, 09:49 PM   #78
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

I don't think it helps that the makeup people seem to give him a fake tan. That shit doesn't look good on anybody and it just seems to accentuate his cheekbones in a negative way.
Old October 24 2012, 11:17 PM   #79
davejames
Vice Admiral

Yeah he does look kinda scary thin.

And it's a shame what happened to his character too. Quinn started out being this flawed but smart cop who was rightly suspicious of Dexter, and then he became this drunken, whiny loser constantly pining over Debra. And now he actually buys the laughably fake "suicide" of the bartender in the latest episode.

I mean, really?
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2012, 12:01 AM   #80
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I thought he was trying to keep his girlfriend out of trouble?

It's the mob.

They kill people.

Meh.

Blonde with broken English going down on him?

Now that's a cause he can get behind.

Desmond looks good on Gossip Girl.

Chuck is saying that he's working with him this season, but I don't think he's been on camera yet.

Besides, it's only a fake tan because he's an actor, if you live in Miami, and work outside it's pretty difficult not to have a real tan. It's probably a real tan for the fake character.

The wardrobe department wants every one to look gaudy and tacky (Except Dexter because he's "normal").

A decision was made a ong time ago.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2012, 10:42 AM   #81
Immolatus
Captain

Evil Headhunter wrote: View Post
Isaak Sirko is quickly proving to be a treacherous villain. My blood boiled when he forced the bartender to kill himself. I wouldn't be half surprised if he went back on his promise and didn't help the family.
I don't think so. I think he will keep his word and help the family. He seems to have a strange sense of honor
Beware the beast man for he is the Devils pawn. Alone among Gods primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Let him not breed in great numbers for he will make a desert of his home & yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Immolatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2012, 10:59 AM   #82
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

"You sacrifice pawns. That's why they're there."

Magneto.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2012, 11:49 AM   #83
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

davejames wrote: View Post
And now he actually buys the laughably fake "suicide" of the bartender in the latest episode.
I'm pretty sure he just wants to wrap it up before whatever his connection with the bar owner is gets out.
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Besides, it's only a fake tan because he's an actor, if you live in Miami, and work outside it's pretty difficult not to have a real tan. It's probably a real tan for the fake character.

The wardrobe department wants every one to look gaudy and tacky (Except Dexter because he's "normal").

A decision was made a ong time ago.
Even Dexter has a tan though, as much of one as a semi-Ginger can get.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2012, 11:00 AM   #84
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

I wish Quinn was the cop who was killed by Victor in the season premiere, and Angel and Mike were working on the case together.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2012, 05:02 AM   #85
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

^^^ I agree. Quinn has outlived his usefulness. Besides we didn't know Anderson enough to care about him. At least we know Quinn.
Old October 29 2012, 05:24 PM   #86
Ayelbourne
Fleet Captain

Maybe they had to write the actor out on account of him being in Sons of Anarchy now.
Ayelbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2012, 06:07 PM   #87
LitmusDragon
Commodore

Pretty unexpected and satisfying end to the Sirko storyline (for now). Now the focus seems to be shifting to Dexter's latest serial killer groupie, which is a storyline I'm not all that interested in but hey maybe they'll surprise me. There was a lot of incautious behavior in this episode that I found distracting: Deb talking to Dexter openly in his office, Deb and Dexter talking loudly about him being a killer in what I think was the police parking garage, and then later Dexter having his faceoff with Sirko in prison (So he just goes to visit him? Wouldn't anyone think that's weird?). That was a good scene though, Sirko's speech was pretty chilling.

So they've locked up a Russian mob boss but neither Deb or Dex seems particularly worried about outside retaliation? Haven't they watched any mob movies? I guess there's only so much you can do within the storyline.
Old October 29 2012, 06:15 PM   #88
Captrek
Rear Admiral

LitmusDragon wrote: View Post
Pretty unexpected and satisfying end to the Sirko storyline (for now). Now the focus seems to be shifting to Dexter's latest serial killer groupie, which is a storyline I'm not all that interested in but hey maybe they'll surprise me. There was a lot of incautious behavior in this episode that I found distracting: Deb talking to Dexter openly in his office, Deb and Dexter talking loudly about him being a killer in what I think was the police parking garage, and then later Dexter having his faceoff with Sirko in prison (So he just goes to visit him? Wouldn't anyone think that's weird?). That was a good scene though, Sirko's speech was pretty chilling.

So they've locked up a Russian mob boss but neither Deb or Dex seems particularly worried about outside retaliation? Haven't they watched any mob movies? I guess there's only so much you can do within the storyline.
It's not like he didn't realize he had left blood at the scene. Bringing him in was too easy. We see no attempt to flee, hide, or resist arrest. He was even smirking as he was brought in. He's up to something. It's like arresting The Joker.
Captrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2012, 07:26 PM   #89
davejames
Vice Admiral

Yeah, this episode didn't really grab me like the others have so far. The scenes between Dexter and Debra were still great (I loved her freakout in the elevator, and the way she called him out for always sabotaging the police's cases), but everything else was just kinda... eh.

The storyline with the girlfriend isn't all that interesting, and Sirko is starting to seem like more of just a one-dimensional threat than before.

And I know it was probably inevitable, but the more Debra starts to accept Dexter's serial killing ways, the more it feels like the season is losing the charge and momentum it once had. Hopefully LaGuerta or someone else will get closer to the truth soon, before things get TOO much back to normal.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2012, 08:10 PM   #90
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

I'm still surprised Deb didn't bring up Doakes to Dexter, since her and LaGuerta talked about him earlier, and all evidence points to Dexter being the real Bay Harbor Butcher.