Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 18 2012, 05:15 PM   #91
Rhaven
Captain

Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Stiletto wrote: View Post
Could Cora be the reason the curse did not take in this part of the kingdom?
That's a good thought. Regina banished Cora through the mirror, not knowing where she'd end up. Cora is more powerful than Regina, I believe. It will be interesting when both meet again. The sparks will fly I'm thinking.
Old October 18 2012, 10:23 PM   #92
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

That is indeed a good thought. The curse did effect them somewhat, though, as they were frozen for 28 years. I'll bet Cora had something to do with it, though.
Old October 20 2012, 04:46 AM   #93
JD
Admiral

But didn't Regina admit that she lied about The Enchanted Forest being destroyed? I would think if it only survived because of Cora she wouldn't have known that it survived.
Old October 21 2012, 12:35 AM   #94
Snick27
Captain

Finally up to date with the episodes. I actually like the flashbacks cause lot of last season i forgot so kind of helps me remember who is who.

Last edited by Snick27; October 21 2012 at 02:17 AM.
Snick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 01:55 AM   #95
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

You have to remember that the curse is a result of Rumpelstiltskin's magic. He tailored every aspect of it, so if you're going to puzzle out why this area of the kingdom survived, it's him you have to look at, not Regina or Cora.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 03:55 AM   #96
JD
Admiral

It doesn't appear to have actually destroyed any of the world though. Snow and Charming's Castle was still there, although it was in ruins.
Old October 21 2012, 09:46 AM   #97
RJDiogenes

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
You have to remember that the curse is a result of Rumpelstiltskin's magic. He tailored every aspect of it, so if you're going to puzzle out why this area of the kingdom survived, it's him you have to look at, not Regina or Cora.
The thing is, though, that it doesn't seem to have gone entirely as planned. After the curse was broken, he was not aware that he wouldn't be able to leave town.
Old October 21 2012, 04:22 PM   #98
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

New ep tonight captain hook intro thos will be good

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 06:28 PM   #99
propita
Rear Admiral

RJDemonicus wrote: View Post
Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
The thing is, though, that it doesn't seem to have gone entirely as planned. After the curse was broken, he was not aware that he wouldn't be able to leave town.
He's waited so long for Bael, I'm pretty sure that if Gold left, he'd forget all about Bael. That's likely unacceptable to him. Any thought that, since this side effect wasn't part of Gold's plan, there's another force at work here?
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2012, 07:27 PM   #100
sojourner
Admiral

It reads more as the typical "un-intended consequences of magic" trope to me.
Old October 21 2012, 09:58 PM   #101
RJDiogenes

I figured it was an unintended consequence, a sign that things have gotten out of Rumpy's control, but it could certainly also be another force at work-- such as Cora.
Old October 22 2012, 02:08 AM   #102
Nightowl1701
Commander

Well, if there was any remaining question as to who Dr. Whale was, next week's preview just erased it...

Can this show get any more epic??
Nightowl1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 06:11 AM   #103
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Tonight's episode pretty much said - in so many words - that the inability of anyone to leave Storybrooke without losing their memories of who they were in Fairy Tale Land directly tied in with Rumple bringing back magic, and wasn't something he was expecting to happen.

Speaking of tonight's episode, here's my full review:
I liked this episode a lot, but think I missed the very beginning of the episode. I did like the relationship between Captain Jones (AKA Hook), Rumplestiltskin, and Milah, and was thrilled with how the writers keep on adding new layers to Rumple's character, since, with every new piece of the puzzle they unveil about him, the more they reinforce his role as the 'Snape' of the series.

This show is the first series that I've ever seen Emile De Raven in, but I really like her as an actress, and, while her character isn't quite as fleshed-out as some of the others in the series, I still find myself rooting for her and wanting to see more of her. I also really like the complexity of her relationship with Rumple/Gold, because it reflects all of the complexity and poignancy of the Disney fairytale relationship between her and The Beast as played out in both the animated film and its stage musical adaptation from which she comes, but also branches out into new territory, creating new levels of complexity. I'm also glad that Belle didn't just passively let her father's heavy-handedness stand and called him on the carpet about it because it makes her more than just the 'damsel in distress', which is how her character has played itself out thus far.

Speaking of Belle's father, something that I was struck by in this episode was that his actions evoked images of Regina's conversation with Rumple in Skin Deep where she let him think that Belle was dead since what Mo tried to do is eerily similar to what Regina told Rumple that he'd done during said conversation, which casts a brand-new light on that conversation and on Regina's character, since it brings into sharp focus the possibility that what she told Rumple wasn't a complete fabrication and that what she said Maurice did might've been true to a point.

I knew thanks to the credits that Barbara Hershey was going to be in this episode, but I wasn't expecting her appearance to play out like it did, and find myself really wanting to find out more about the relationship between her and Hook. I'm also hoping we find out how both he and she ended up stranded in the post-curse Fairy Tale Land since it is highly likely - based on what we know - that they were both in other places (Neverland and Wonderland, respectively) when Regina activated the Dark Curse 28 years earlier.

I also liked the story development of Charming/David temporarily taking Emma's job as Sheriff, because it adds another level of connection between father and daughter and ties them together even though they're currently apart.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 06:38 AM   #104
propita
Rear Admiral

So the "forget everything at the town line" is the price of magic. What Rumple wants the most, he can't have.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2012, 08:23 AM   #105
TimmyWl
Commodore

I did like how Smee came up and it took me some time to recognize the famous red cap/striped shirt. I also recognized the actor being the guy at the cafe in the tv show Eureka. It took me some time to see that.

I did catch the reference of the library where Belle is now working at - the same as the Disney's Beauty and the Beast animated movie.

I actually like the fairybacks about Rumple. I guess with the flashbacks being of fairy tales origin, it is easier to play with continunity since all of the events occur in "medieval" times. I would like to see more of the Ogre Wars though.
TimmyWl is offline   Reply With Quote