Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 29 2013, 03:59 PM   #721
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Good episode overall, but two questions.

Was Hook really the entirety of the "package" Greg kept going on about last episode? I mean, I expected something... more, like Hook was just a bonus to the actual thing. Don't get me wrong, I love Hook, he's so smarmy, but... really?

So, isn't Red/Ruby supposed to be a main character on this show this season? I mean, I see Megan Ory's (Ohry?) name every week, but it feels like it's been awhile since she did anything more than cameo, if even. Actually, since her little chat with Whale/Frankenstein I think. Did those two run off into the woods or something after making a "connection?" Same for Hopper/Jiminy Cricket too, come to think of it, but I feel like we knew Raphael Sbarge's role was being cut/downgraded.
Old April 29 2013, 05:24 PM   #722
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Meghan Ory has been filming a pilot so I think that's part of the reason why she hasn't been seen much lately.
Old April 29 2013, 05:27 PM   #723
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

I'm really ticked-off and disgusted right now by the way I was treated on another forum and have chosen to voluntarily cut myself off from discussion there for a while, but wanted to talk about what last night's ep offered in terms of two ships that I am a fan of: Rumbelle and SwanThief.

I loved the little nod/reference that Jane Espenson slipped into the ep where Rumple mentioned his 'promising maid', not only because it was a clear reference to Belle, but also because she was the one responsible for establishing the Rumbelle relationship in the first place back in Skin Deep.

I also got a kick out of the callback to Neal and Emma's 'modern-day Bonnie and Clyde' relationship, as I mentioned in my review.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2013, 05:55 PM   #724
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

I liked the episode and I love it when Regina is in full on Evil Queen mode. My one issue is the scene between her and Henry, it seemed so bizarre and out of place. They may as well have had her turn to the camera and say, "Hello audience, this is my evil plan." I can only assume that at some point the magic will fail and Henry will remember what she told him, but it seemed a clumsy way to do it.

And it's always a pleasure to see badass Snow.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2013, 08:54 PM   #725
Aragorn
Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Meghan Ory has been filming a pilot so I think that's part of the reason why she hasn't been seen much lately.
Plus the showrunners really don't know how to give screen time to any of the regulars outside of the core. Look how rarely Belle has been popping up as a regular this season, or Cricket last season.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2013, 10:39 PM   #726
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Regina came off as not just evil, but either insane or a bit stupid in this one-- thinking that the people will love her despite her mass murders, just as soon as Snow is dead.

The magic-nullifier is an interesting twist. I can't wait to see how they pulled that off. Or what they're real goal is.
Old April 30 2013, 02:04 AM   #727
FreezeC77
Commodore

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Regina came off as not just evil, but either insane or a bit stupid in this one-- thinking that the people will love her despite her mass murders, just as soon as Snow is dead.

The magic-nullifier is an interesting twist. I can't wait to see how they pulled that off. Or what they're real goal is.
Don't really like the idea of a scientific magic-nullifier. It kind of means magic stops being unknown if you have a scientific way to block it.

It's kind of like giving magic the midichlorian "force" treatment.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 06:30 AM   #728
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Magic always stops being "magic" once you can quantify it.
Old April 30 2013, 07:11 AM   #729
Hunter X
Rear Admiral

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post

Don't really like the idea of a scientific magic-nullifier. It kind of means magic stops being unknown if you have a scientific way to block it.

I did kind of like how it tied back to Rumplestiltskin's bet with Dr. Whale/Frankenstein over whether magic or science was more powerful, earlier this season. Makes that bit a nice piece of foreshadowing. I wonder if Whale will play a role in countering the advanced science of Tamara and Owen.
Hunter X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 09:31 AM   #730
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

^^ That's exactly what I was thinking.

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post

Well, they have magic, but it's a scientific universe. And we don't know what kind of a workaround they came up with. Maybe it's some kind of magnet that disrupts her nervous system or something.
Old April 30 2013, 12:15 PM   #731
stj
Rear Admiral

Rumplestiltskin is madly badass but Regina is just a bitch.

Ruthless oppression of villagers is pretty much the job description for mediaeval monarchs. Snow's image of her monarchy seems false too, and the happy serfs smiles seem forced. King George is the norm.
Old April 30 2013, 12:25 PM   #732
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

They can't live in a castle without thousands of peasants toiling and paying taxes under threat of execution.

Of course that's all our governments do too, but it seems different on such a smaller scale.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 02:55 PM   #733
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

One episode left, and we still don't know who Cora really killed. And since the good doctor re-appeared on the boat, they seem to have completely forgotten about that dead body in his form.
Old April 30 2013, 04:05 PM   #734
sojourner
Vice Admiral

^She killed one of the nobody villagers. Not a plot point to be worried about. You're asking about a red shirt.
Old April 30 2013, 06:43 PM   #735
SAndrews10
Captain

So we have the science that impedes magic, must be made of those nanites from REVOLUTION!
SAndrews10 is offline   Reply With Quote