CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 28 2013, 05:50 AM   #676
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Addressing the speculations about Tamara possibly being connected to an existing storybook or fairytale character, such as Wendy, the way Mitovich has commented on her character and dropped his spoiler hints about her suggests, at least to me, that speculation on that front might not have much, if any, validity to it.

I could be completely wrong, but I haven't gotten the vibe - based on the way he's commented on Tamara's character - that the writers are connecting her to an existing fairytale or storybook character.

Having said that, however, there is one existing character that she does kind of remind me of, at least in terms of what we've seen of her role thus far: Lord Ombra, the primary antagonist of the Peter Pan prequel/reimagining Starcatcher books.

propita wrote: View Post
Evidently, there is a Disney character called "Tamara." I didn't know of her because I haven't bothered too much with Pirates of the Caribbean.

She's a mermaid and according to the link, also called The Mermaid Queen. Ursula, anyone? Skin color and features aren't the same, but...

Disney wiki
Old March 29 2013, 03:47 AM   #677
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

She finds a creature that can "make" magic, which she sees as valuable and then kills it so that she can have sole control over a tiny vial of magic she doesn't know how to use completely or maybe at all?

She killed the Golden Goose.

What a maroon!

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2013, 08:11 AM   #678
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Casting news for the Once Upon a Time spinoff called Once: Wonderland

Michael Socha Cast as the Knave of Hearts

Sophie Lowe cast as Alice , Peter Gadiot cast as Cyrus
Old March 29 2013, 06:51 PM   #679
SAndrews10
Captain

This is really starting to sound good, especially after I just read an interview with one of the producers saying this isn't a 5 season/22 episode a year series, it's more in the vein of American Horror Story. One contained season that has a beginning, middle and end and will run in between the fall and spring sets of episodes.
SAndrews10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2013, 09:22 PM   #680
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Michael Socha Cast as the Knave of Hearts
I spent 5 episodes thinking that "they" all look alike from inbreeding and whatnot, when I catch Michael's name in the credits to the Being Human final and... OH! Of course he looks almost exactly just like the girl from Misfits!

Frakking siblings.

Old March 30 2013, 06:16 AM   #681
JD
Admiral

CBR announced earlier today that Marvel comics will be publishing at least one OUAT graphic novel. It says it will be set mostly in the Enchanted Forest, and focused on the relationship between Regina and The Huntsman. It's being written by one of the co-producers of the show, Daniel Thomspon, and Planet of the Apes, and Star Wars: Legacy writter Corina Bechko.
Old March 30 2013, 06:47 PM   #682
js
Captain

SAndrews10 wrote: View Post
This is really starting to sound good, especially after I just read an interview with one of the producers saying this isn't a 5 season/22 episode a year series, it's more in the vein of American Horror Story. One contained season that has a beginning, middle and end and will run in between the fall and spring sets of episodes.
This could be fun if they did one series in Wonderland, one in Neverland, one in the B&W monsters world, etc.
Old March 31 2013, 06:27 AM   #683
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Tamara may be OUAT's answer to a Ghostbuster, except it's a "Magic-Buster" instead.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31 2013, 07:12 PM   #684
JD
Admiral

js wrote: View Post
This could be fun if they did one series in Wonderland, one in Neverland, one in the B&W monsters world, etc.
I'm hoping that's what they're planning on doing. It would be a great way to help build the universe of the show, without stepping on the heels of the mother show.
Old April 1 2013, 12:34 AM   #685
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

js wrote: View Post
I thought I heard somewhere that there are legal issues with Peter Pan? Not sure if that's true.
Old April 1 2013, 02:32 AM   #686
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Peter Pan is owned by a children's hospital, are you suggesting that they are looking for a loop hole to screw a children's hospital out of money?

Old April 1 2013, 03:30 AM   #687
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Peter Pan is owned by a children's hospital, are you suggesting that they are looking for a loop hole to screw a children's hospital out of money?
Doesn't Disney already have an agreement with that Hospital? Peter Pan is all over Disneyland.
Old April 1 2013, 05:17 AM   #688
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

^ Disney's already done an end-run around the copyrights associated with Peter Pan with regards to the publication of the Starcatchers series, having published said novels without paying royalties to Great Ormond Street Hospital. I don't know whether or not they're paying royalties for the usage of Pan-related characters and concepts in OUaT, but wouldn't be surprised if they aren't.
Old April 4 2013, 05:19 AM   #689
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Emma Rigby Cast In ABC’s ‘Once Upon A Time’ Spinoff As Red Queen

The spinoff has been given a new name. It's now called Once Upon A Time in Wonderland instead of Once: Wonderland.

The title's a mouthful but if it's ordered to series most of us will just call in Wonderland I'm sure.
Old April 4 2013, 03:39 PM   #690
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

^ I'm referring to it as Once: Wonderland.

Speaking of, BTW, I'm starting to get the feeling that the PTB are setting up a glimpse into a Wonderland that is not only pre-Curse, but pre-Cora (and pre-Jefferson) and one that runs parallel to our world's Victorian Era, especially after I found this. That would justify recasting the Knave of Hearts role and the inclusion of the Red Queen rather than Barbara Hershey's Cora/Queen of Hearts.