Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old February 28 2013, 02:37 PM   #121
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Hawaii 5-0 Season 3 discussion/spoilers

I'm with you there. For the past month, my Mondays have been Bones at 8:00, Dallas at 9:00, and Castle at 10:00, with Five-0 getting relegated to On Demand the next day. (Sorry, Steve & Danno, that's just the way it is.)
"For those of you playing the home game, this is what is known as a 'Prince Albert'. And I'm sure that was his last wish. 'Victoria, I'm dying. I want you to name a museum, a performance hall, and a bolt through the cock after me.'"
—Robin Williams, Live on Broadway
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2013, 06:01 PM   #122
Top41

Mondays are a busy TV night! I'm hooked on The Following as well. But H5-0 is the perfect escapist TV for Monday night, so I'm really hoping it doesn't move. Especially to Friday night... I'm never home on Fridays, and I like watching 5-0 live.
Old March 1 2013, 01:53 PM   #123
Australis
Writer

I didn't get the 'Hookman' thing, not realising it was a remake, thought it seemed off kilter. Also those hands seem way advanced. And a waste of Peter Weller.

I'm beginning to think it's jumped the shark. Or perhaps doing it in very slow motion. Certainly not must watch.

Which for me makes me wonder about our producer heroes Orci and Kurtzman, and their ST script.
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2013, 03:31 PM   #124
jayceee
Commander

Australis wrote: View Post
Which for me makes me wonder about our producer heroes Orci and Kurtzman, and their ST script.
Wonder how much these two are still calling the shots on this show. Or whether they have "outsourced" it to others.
jayceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2013, 03:47 PM   #125
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

Top41 wrote: View Post
Mondays are a busy TV night! I'm hooked on The Following as well. But H5-0 is the perfect escapist TV for Monday night, so I'm really hoping it doesn't move. Especially to Friday night... I'm never home on Fridays, and I like watching 5-0 live.
Friday does seem to be the retirement home for shows building up episodes for their syndication deal that are not paying off the current network run during the rest of the week. It is still a step above being burned off on Saturday night. I would rather see Friday and more episodes then a cash out when they try something else against Castle and Revolution
Old March 2 2013, 12:18 AM   #126
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I doubt that Orci and Kurtzman have had anything to do with this show since early on in season 1.
Old March 2 2013, 06:18 AM   #127
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Certainly not with writing it; 1x04 was the last time either of them had a writing credit on an episode.
"For those of you playing the home game, this is what is known as a 'Prince Albert'. And I'm sure that was his last wish. 'Victoria, I'm dying. I want you to name a museum, a performance hall, and a bolt through the cock after me.'"
Old March 3 2013, 09:47 AM   #128
Australis
Writer

But are still listed as EPs, which iirc involves overseeing storylines. If they weren't doing anything they wouldn't be listed.
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2013, 05:59 PM   #129
Top41

Australis wrote: View Post
But are still listed as EPs, which iirc involves overseeing storylines. If they weren't doing anything they wouldn't be listed.
No, that's not true at all. Plenty of people get EP credit on shows and continue to get that credit with little to no involvement in the show itself. Maybe they helped develop the show (as is the case with Kurtzman & Orci) but are now producers in name only--meaning they get big bucks for doing nothing. Or sometimes people get EP credit because their production company is involved with the show--usually in that case, a lower level exec who isn't credited is the one doing the day-to-day work on the show.

The EP who is really involved is the showrunner--and that's Peter Lenkov. If Kurtzman & Orci were involved past the pilot/ep 104, it would have been in season one, when the show was getting off the ground.
Old March 8 2013, 03:37 AM   #130
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

CBS announced Vegas is getting the CSI slot for now as Golden Boy keeps Tuesday. Monday's remain safe for 5-0
Old March 20 2013, 01:53 AM   #131
Top41

Did anyone watch last night? I thought it was a fun ep--the roller derby plot was a little silly (especially putting Catherine undercover), but I did like the stuff with Steve and his mom and Catherine. I especially liked it when Steve called his mom out for putting Catherine in the position of having to lie to him--and I was glad in the end when he didn't hold it against her.

What did happen to Mangosta though? I'm assuming Catherine didn't just let him go when she and the CIA guy found Doris torturing him. At least I hope she didn't. I can't say I'm hugely invested in all of this drama with Mama McGarrett, but I'm guessing this is where the season is headed for the finale....
Old March 20 2013, 07:06 AM   #132
BigFoot
Admiral

I liked it... I love Michelle Borth/Cath, so every ep that gives her a lot of screen time totally works for me. And yeah, I'm also glad Steve wasn't mad at Cath for a long time.

I also don't care much for Doris' storyline...
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2013, 03:53 PM   #133
Top41

Catherine is cool--I just wish they had a way to more naturally integrate her into the show. Maybe some sort of military subplot tied in to what 5-0 does? Or she could be assigned the Wo Fat case by the Navy? Something so she doesn't end up stuck going undercover at Roller Derby or babysitting Steve's mom every time we see her.
Old March 20 2013, 06:58 PM   #134
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

I'm really surprised they haven't found a way to get Catherine tied in more closely with the team by this point in the season. The flip-side is that they aren't giving her stuff to do at the expense of Chin Ho or Kono (which was what happened last season with Lori). But it's definitely something that needs to be worked on.

I guess we'll have to wait for the season finale to find out the real reason why Doris let Wo Fat get away.
Old March 26 2013, 04:05 PM   #135
Top41

Did anyone else watch last night? The case was sooooo boring. Not a huge fan of the episode; Danny was kind of needlessly bitchy. Sometimes he's just kind of a little bitch and Steve argues with him but more or less puts up with it. Danny's my fav, and I love when he and Steve bicker, but every once in a while they just take it too far and he's just kind of a whiny brat.

Sometimes I feel like they really go out of their way to justify paying to have Catherine and Max as regs. Catherine was only in one scene, and Max was just in two I think.

I did love when Kono used the crane to drop the crate on the mob guy! That rocked.