Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old October 16 2012, 04:11 PM   #31
Top41

Re: Hawaii 5-0 Season 3 discussion/spoilers

Anyone watch last night? I thought the episode was pretty good. I totally pegged the kid as the killer though... his reaction was way too extreme when he first heard about the guy's death.

I thought Mama McG was less abrasive in this episode, but the whole story tracks so weird. First she's in hiding for years, then she's afraid to come back because of Wo Fat, then she sees him and he escapes, and now she's fine with him being on the island. If she knows him or he is her son, why was she so afraid to come back in the first place?

Catherine's inclusion is starting to feel less and less natural. I think they're going to have to make her part of the team at some point or else it's just going to feel like she's just there to do random favors for Steve. That worked when she was an occasional guest star, but now that she's a reg they have to fit her in better.
Old October 16 2012, 05:53 PM   #32
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I think that instead of inserting Catherine into the team right away and doing it slowly is probably a reaction to how fans disliked how lori was thrown into the team right away.
Old October 18 2012, 08:01 AM   #33
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

George Takei to play Chin Ho and Kono's uncle
Old October 18 2012, 10:20 AM   #34
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

Top41 wrote: View Post
I thought Mama McG was less abrasive in this episode, but the whole story tracks so weird. First she's in hiding for years, then she's afraid to come back because of Wo Fat, then she sees him and he escapes, and now she's fine with him being on the island. If she knows him or he is her son, why was she so afraid to come back in the first place?
My thought was that she probably told Wo Fat the truth that she is his mother when she confronted him in the room, and now feels that he won't kill her as a result, or will at least be conflicted about it for a while. Up until this point, I think Wo Fat simply thought she was the spy who killed his father, but had no idea that she was actually his mother as well, which is why he was so determined to kill her at first but then had a change of heart. So now she feels confident about being able to remain on the island safely, although that could be overconfidence on her part (a trait both McGarretts share).
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 06:37 PM   #35
Green Shirt
Commodore

Oh, my!
Old October 25 2012, 02:53 PM   #36
Top41

Clip from Monday's Halloween episode!!

Nothing really spoilery... just a cute scene with an adorable ending.
Old October 25 2012, 04:47 PM   #37
BigFoot
Admiral

I love Cath.
BigFoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2012, 07:37 PM   #38
Top41

I like how she handles things in stride. And seems totally fine with McGarrett cuddling Danno on the couch.
Old October 30 2012, 04:40 AM   #39
Top41

Tonight's episode pulled because of the tropical storm... so we'll have to wait another week to see the Halloween episode.
Old November 6 2012, 04:15 PM   #40
Top41

Did anyone catch the Halloween episode last night? I loved it!! The evil grandma was a fun twist, and it was nice to see a male kidnap victim as opposed to a female one for once. Danno being scared in the creepy house was cute, too.

I also loved the bookends at McGarrett's house--Kamekona as a SEAL was great, and Steve putting his arm around Danno and Danno snuggling up against him to watch The Notebook was priceless. Priceless!! Loved it.
Old November 6 2012, 06:58 PM   #41
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

The murderous grandma was awesome. I thought that she was going to be just the sterotypical oblivious old person but she was killer!
Old November 7 2012, 07:19 AM   #42
lennier1
Commodore

Someone might want to clue in Kono on the concept of cops and backup.
Approaching a moving container while her partners are so far away wasn't exactly the smartest of ideas.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2012, 07:39 PM   #43
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

'Hawaii Five-0' to remake 'fan-favorite' episode of original series

Hawaii Five-0 has paid homage to the original series several times in its first few seasons, but the show is about to make what is arguably its biggest nod yet.

EW has learned exclusively that the CBS drama will soon start production on an updated version of “Hookman,” an episode of the original series that was first aired almost four decades ago and won an Emmy in 1974 for Best Music Composition.

Peter Weller (RoboCop) is set direct the episode and guest star as the title villain, taking over the role originally played by double amputee Jay J. Armes.
Old November 12 2012, 07:59 PM   #44
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Oh, I remember that one! That was a good one. I really hope they're able to do it justice.
"For those of you playing the home game, this is what is known as a 'Prince Albert'. And I'm sure that was his last wish. 'Victoria, I'm dying. I want you to name a museum, a performance hall, and a bolt through the cock after me.'"
—Robin Williams, Live on Broadway
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2012, 05:19 PM   #45
Top41

Last night's episode was great!! Danno is my favorite, so it was fun to see an episode centered around him. Loved the flashbacks to New Jersey--they were pretty brutal though. Poor Danny really took a beating and his partner... And then the sad irony was that 9/11 saved his life by letting him get the jump on his attackers.

I love that Steve wouldn't leave Danny when it looked like the bomb was going to go off. Those scenes were great--you could really hear the fear in Danny's voice. I like that Danny isn't just another stoic cop. Even Steve was tearing up at the end when he hugged Danny.

Great episode!!