Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 19 2013, 09:06 PM   #151
Green Shirt
Commodore

Re: Hawaii 5-0 Season 3 discussion/spoilers

I had forgotten that Walking Dead's Norman Reedus was one of the Hesse bros.
Old April 21 2013, 03:58 PM   #152
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

I think the Original Hawaii 5-O was the best. I have watched the show and it does not appeal to me.
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 06:12 PM   #153
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Green Shirt wrote: View Post
Me, too! I was shouting, "Daryl!" at the screen!

While it was a nice change of pace, I did miss the Danny/Steve interactions. I haven't been paying attention to news about the show, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that Joe was back. I wasn't a big fan of his subplot last season, but I would definitely enjoy seeing him pop-up now and again. I also really liked seeing Steve push his friend to stay in the SEALS.

I really also missed Kamekona and Max. Those two are great additions to the show.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 06:22 PM   #154
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

shivkala wrote: View Post
Green Shirt wrote: View Post
Me, too! I was shouting, "Daryl!" at the screen!

While it was a nice change of pace, I did miss the Danny/Steve interactions. I haven't been paying attention to news about the show, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that Joe was back. I wasn't a big fan of his subplot last season, but I would definitely enjoy seeing him pop-up now and again. I also really liked seeing Steve push his friend to stay in the SEALS.
When seeing Joe in Naval uniform I thought he was bit lowly ranked for some-one of his age but I heard correctly in the when McGarrett was in training he was addressed as Chief.

Now if the was Chief as in a senior NCO Joe would have been some-one who rose right through from the NCO ranks and eventually getting a commission.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21 2013, 08:30 PM   #155
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

Marc wrote: View Post
shivkala wrote: View Post
When seeing Joe in Naval uniform I thought he was bit lowly ranked for some-one of his age but I heard correctly in the when McGarrett was in training he was addressed as Chief.

Now if the was Chief as in a senior NCO Joe would have been some-one who rose right through from the NCO ranks and eventually getting a commission.
I caught that also. He would have been an old man at the time as the dated McGarrett's SEAL traing as just before 9/11. I remember my First Sergeant held a reserve commission. Perhaps Lt Cmdr Joe did also and when wartime came so did his officer's stripes.
Old April 30 2013, 04:16 PM   #156
Top41

Last night's episode was fun! A little frustrating when they broke up the action to go to the talk show host, but I love Aisha Tyler so I didn't mind too much. And she asked the best questions, like why McGarrett always drives Danno's car! He really is such a control freak with Danno... loved their conversation about how Danno never even gets to pick where they go to eat.

I also loved Max and Catherine's reactions... Max was so loving the spotlight/meeting a celeb while Catherine was endearingly awkward. I wish the show didn't feel the need to highlight with every episode that she's Steve's girlfriend... she's more than that, and I like the episodes that kind of showcase that (like when she and the CIA guy went after Mangosta).
Old April 30 2013, 05:41 PM   #157
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

For me it was Kamekona spoofing the product placements with his product placement. And the host giving the fan commentary on the cargument.

The episode hit on just about every hit. Gee when Fong did not find anything from the shotgun pellets after his CSI speach.
Old April 30 2013, 08:31 PM   #158
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

This episode was tons of fun, and it's a credit to the writers and cast that they managed to make the tired old "someone is shooting a documentary/TV special" episode feel fresh; certainly better than similar attempts done this season on Castle and Bones.

I can't wait to see what they're going to get out of Wo Fat -- I still want to know why Doris let him go last fall!
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2013, 08:51 PM   #159
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

cardinal biggles wrote: View Post

I can't wait to see what they're going to get out of Wo Fat -- I still want to know why Doris let him go last fall!
if it is Wo Fat - after all there could have been some-one else in the chopper - we just saw Wo Fat on the left but nothing of however might have been on the left.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2013, 05:29 AM   #160
Gil T.Azell
Rear Admiral

What episode number was that?
I got home and all I saw was Wo-Fat crawling on the ground like a burnt Anikin Skywalker.
(At least I think it was Wo-Fat)
Old May 1 2013, 06:00 PM   #161
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Episode 21. Three more to go...
Old May 7 2013, 07:17 AM   #162
Top41

Just watched tonight's episode... man was that a *huge* downer!! And, um, Steve, I don't think taking away Danny's badge while he beats a guy up counts as him not being a cop while he does it. That's just... eh, that didn't ring true at all. Sad subject, and the end with the journal made me cry. I did like how personally Danny took the case given his experience with Grace, and that Steve gave him some leeway... though I think it might have been too much. Not that this show could ever be accused of realism but it seems lie there would be some consequences and that Danny would lose his badge longer than the 20 minutes it took him to beat the guy into giving him the information they needed. What did you guys think?
Old May 7 2013, 06:42 PM   #163
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Yeah, the subject was a downer, but I actually liked the ending, though it did get me choked up too. The whole business with Danny going off on the suspects... totally unrealistic, but it's at the point now where this sort of thing is almost to be expected on cop shows, regardless of how far from reality it may be.

Also, excellent guest cast last night! Henry Rollins and Mare Winningham were great but underused, and I immediately knew Don Swayze's character was going to be wrong for something the moment they pulled him out of the van. (I remember him as a heavy in a Season 2 episode of NYPD Blue.)

Last edited by cardinal biggles; May 7 2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old May 8 2013, 02:03 PM   #164
DarthPipes
Vice Admiral

The creepy thing is that the storyline had a lot of similarities to what's going on in Cleveland with those three missing women. A story that broke the day this episode aired.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2013, 11:43 PM   #165
jayceee
Commander

Just got around to watching this week's episode.

In light of current events, the subject matter is a huge eerie coincidence.

On a unrelated note, I started watching the season 1 dvd set of the original Hawaii Five-O from the late 1960's. Very different show from today's updated Hawaii Five-0 version. The original season 1 is almost like watching a Sean Connery era James Bond movie.
jayceee is online now   Reply With Quote