Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old August 25 2014, 10:35 AM   #1126
BigJake
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Axanar

^ That is correct, we regret the error.
Old August 25 2014, 04:26 PM   #1127
Ithekro
Fleet Captain

One thing is, that in additon to the Ares-class, Constitution-class, and the four Kelvin based ships, there is the tease that we will see a FASA based ship. USS Xenophon (a Marklin-class destroyer). This ship was only see as a top view in the Four Years War suppliment by FASA for their Star Trek roleplaying game.

It is almost certain this ship will be in Axanar as a CG ship.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2014, 04:47 PM   #1128
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

The USS Ares itself reminds me a lot of Michael Morrissette's 1981 USS Destroyat Heavy Destroyer design.
Old August 25 2014, 05:00 PM   #1129
Ithekro
Fleet Captain

So sort of a mix between the Destroyat and the Anton-class from FASA
Old August 25 2014, 06:13 PM   #1130
DEWLine
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to DEWLine Send a message via Yahoo to DEWLine

Specifically, this design, right, Ithekro?

Dwight Williams
Illustrator/Writer
DEWLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2014, 09:02 PM   #1131
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

I figure I should check in here since I finally caught the Prelude to Axanar film. I'm just surprised at how much money this has gotten... it's a far cry from the early days of the Phase 2 project almost a decade ago.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2014, 10:12 PM   #1132
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

I believe the original name was Detroyat. Then, somewhere along the way the name changed to Destroyat, probably because it also happened to be a destroyer-type vessel.
Old August 26 2014, 02:09 AM   #1133
sojourner
Admiral

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
I believe the original name was Detroyat. Then, somewhere along the way the name changed to Destroyat, probably because it also happened to be a destroyer-type vessel.
It still says Detroyat on the actual blueprint sheets. The cover envelope graphic seems to be a misprint.
Old August 26 2014, 02:24 AM   #1134
Avro Arrow
Fleet Captain

Ithekro wrote: View Post
One thing is, that in additon to the Ares-class, Constitution-class, and the four Kelvin based ships, there is the tease that we will see a FASA based ship. USS Xenophon (a Marklin-class destroyer). This ship was only see as a top view in the Four Years War suppliment by FASA for their Star Trek roleplaying game.

"Almost certain"? Just out of curiosity, is this based on inside information? In Prelude Garth mentioned that he was captain of the Xenophon earlier in the war, but I guess I just assumed the full film would take place after he had taken command of Ares. Like I said, though, that's just a guess, so I was just wondering what you were basing this on.
Avro Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 02:39 AM   #1135
Bixby
Commander

Bixby wrote: View Post
Axanar the film has plenty of things to look forward to, but a little tidbit mentioned in their Kickstarter page got more of my attention:

AXANAR: HEROES - $ 25,000
This Fall, Team Axanar will be traveling to the sets of Star Trek: Phase II, our sister production, and shooting a series of vignettes. "Heroes" takes place 3 months after the events of "Whom Gods Destroy" and will feature the Phase II Enterprise crew bringing a now fully rehabilitated Garth of Izar back to Starfleet. What are the ramifications of Garth's mental illness now that he is fully recovered? How will Kirk interact with his hero now that Garth is the man he remembered as a cadet? This week-long shoot will cost us approximately $25,000 and produce at least four Axanar vignettes, three of which will be cross-overs with Phase II. The fourth will take place just before the battle of Axanar and give you an inside look at the relationship between Garth and Captain Samuel Travis (JG Herztler).

Axanar: Heroes and the above paragraph seems to have been removed from their Kickstarter page. Has this been explained anywhere? Bummer if they've dropped this project entirely...
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 03:25 AM   #1136
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

Axanar the film has plenty of things to look forward to, but a little tidbit mentioned in their Kickstarter page got more of my attention:

AXANAR: HEROES - $ 25,000
This Fall, Team Axanar will be traveling to the sets of Star Trek: Phase II, our sister production, and shooting a series of vignettes. "Heroes" takes place 3 months after the events of "Whom Gods Destroy" and will feature the Phase II Enterprise crew bringing a now fully rehabilitated Garth of Izar back to Starfleet. What are the ramifications of Garth's mental illness now that he is fully recovered? How will Kirk interact with his hero now that Garth is the man he remembered as a cadet? This week-long shoot will cost us approximately $25,000 and produce at least four Axanar vignettes, three of which will be cross-overs with Phase II. The fourth will take place just before the battle of Axanar and give you an inside look at the relationship between Garth and Captain Samuel Travis (JG Herztler).

Axanar: Heroes and the above paragraph seems to have been removed from their Kickstarter page. Has this been explained anywhere? Bummer if they've dropped this project entirely...
Based on pure speculation, I wouldn't be surprised if those vignettes weren't designed with the idea of stimulating future Kickstarters based on the assumption that multiple ones would be needed to fund the Big One. Now that they're just a couple of latinum bars short of having the Big One funded, they may just be putting all their efforts into that and putting the other stuff on the shelf. As I said pure speculation.
MikeH92467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 07:01 AM   #1137
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

I stirred up trouble yesterday for quoting a kickstarter update on Facebook. I think we'll know what they are doing sometime after they decide. Mike's theory is a possibility. IF they can raise another $150,000 without a kickstarter, they can probably make the movie directly. Then they can worry about if they want to make another movie or two and make it a series.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 02:11 PM   #1138
Ithekro
Fleet Captain

Avro Arrow wrote: View Post
Ithekro wrote: View Post

"Almost certain"? Just out of curiosity, is this based on inside information? In Prelude Garth mentioned that he was captain of the Xenophon earlier in the war, but I guess I just assumed the full film would take place after he had taken command of Ares. Like I said, though, that's just a guess, so I was just wondering what you were basing this on.

They have been teasing stills of the CG of the Marklin-class Xenophon on their main public Facebook page. It could show up in Axanar itself, or perhaps on the DVD or BD of Prelude. They did just barely get that to the release date, so perhaps they decided to do cleanups.

Also there is the old "show not tell" to film scripts. Instead of just having Garth tell us where he was when he heard Admiral Ramirez speech, instead show it.
Old August 26 2014, 02:13 PM   #1139
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

We received a couple of complaints about the tone of some of the posts in this thread.

Mostly, the posts are fairly innocuous--but a few are indeed kind of, well, angry.

Can those offenders please dial it back a notch?

That is all....
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2014, 02:51 PM   #1140
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

MikeH92467 wrote: View Post

Based on pure speculation, I wouldn't be surprised if those vignettes weren't designed with the idea of stimulating future Kickstarters based on the assumption that multiple ones would be needed to fund the Big One. Now that they're just a couple of latinum bars short of having the Big One funded, they may just be putting all their efforts into that and putting the other stuff on the shelf. As I said pure speculation.
I won't miss them if they never happen. Axanar could be a fantastic "all pro" fan film - mixing it up with PII's amateur actors wouldn't work.