Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old June 11 2014, 09:24 PM   #511
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Re: Star Trek: Axanar

Well I'm very much looking forward to it. And I think Alec will be able to carry the role just fine. Of course, you can never please everyone.
Old June 11 2014, 10:04 PM   #512
tobiasrichter
Lieutenant

oooooookayyyy - Psion might got a bit too excited here. But thanks for taking the time

Given that we only have a few more days for a tiny bit of tweaking until we have a locked cut, the only shots that I might be touching are the city shots. I am very happy with the Klingons hovering over the city and I am happy with the ruins stuff. I am still thinking about the laser hitting and the beauty shot.

All the background stuff of the actors were done by Tommy Kraft, he might also be still working on his shots.

We´ll see... Given that this is basically a one-man-show (or two-man-show) in terms of effects, we had about a day or two to complete one shot - compared to a usual rate of a week per shot with a team in big budget productions. So it might not be all 100%, but we tried our best.
Old June 11 2014, 10:17 PM   #513
diriel
Ensign

Tobiasrichter,

Sir, you and Tommy did an outstanding job! Honestly, I am not sure I have ever seen 'perfect fx' in any movie I have ever watched. Normally, if you try hard enough, you can pick things apart... I am more excited now, than ever before, to see Axanar!

I agree, the ruins scene looked pretty solid to me, and it 'felt' pretty solid. I am really jazzed about the look and feel!

P.S. Psion, it is good to see that you love Trek so much! Long live Star Trek!
diriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2014, 10:19 PM   #514
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

Not to worry, Tobias. I think Psion made it pretty clear that what he was going out of his way for nits to pick and also did a good job of making clear that much of what he was saying came from the kinds of differences of opinions that anyone can have.

I certainly have no qualms. This is gonna be a great ride!
MikeH92467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2014, 10:30 PM   #515
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

I have to admit, following this project, I was skeptical that it would be another run-of-the-mill fanfilm where there are characters that do "Star Trek" instead of following a story. But this looks fabulous. I am so excited for this I hope to see much more in the future.
Old June 11 2014, 10:38 PM   #516
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

Tobias, Diriel, and MikeH -- Thanks for accepting the spirit in which my post was intended. Honestly, I watched the trailer five times before I started getting nitpicky. It's just phenomenal work.

Tobias -- RE the Klingons over the city shot: And I totally get that you like it ... it's a very cool shot. Besides, it's canon now that these ships not only take off and land, but they're submersible, too. Even without all of that, if this was the first time we ever saw something like that from a familiar Star Trek ship, it's ... eerie and terrifying that a Klingon ship would do that. Do you know what it reminds me of? The Martian War Machines from War of the Worlds (especially the George Pal version). I almost hope there's that familiar mechanical cricket noise as they sweep the rubble with their scanners.
Old June 11 2014, 10:43 PM   #517
diriel
Ensign

Psion,

It says a lot when numerous people admit "I have watched it several times now...", hey, me too!
Old June 11 2014, 11:01 PM   #518
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

diriel wrote: View Post
Psion,

It says a lot when numerous people admit "I have watched it several times now...", hey, me too!
LOL -- not only have I watched multiple times it ... I've downloaded it and keep forcing people to watch it with me. I think I should G+ and Tweet this thing, too.

I've also stumbled across a wonderful series of videos done by Mark Edward Lewis who is doing the sound effects work on the Axanar projects, apparently. He goes into a lot of detail about how he's doing the show's sound design.

I think this is the first one. Highly recommended. Is there no end to the talent in this production?!
Old June 11 2014, 11:10 PM   #519
diriel
Ensign

Heck yeah! Share, Share, and Share! More is better!
Old June 11 2014, 11:44 PM   #520
wtriker1701
Lieutenant

USS Intrepid wrote: View Post
Well I'm very much looking forward to it. And I think Alec will be able to carry the role just fine. Of course, you can never please everyone.
I am sceptical, I know. Maybe too much... but the teaser exactly proved my point - for me.

I am not familiar with Alec's acting skills and I don't want to sound too negative. It's just the Sheep amongst Wolves comparison. Hopefully the good shepard (aka Director) makes sure, he's doing fine and gets his Wolfskin!
wtriker1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2014, 11:52 PM   #521
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Just saw the trailer. I thought it looked awesome. Looking forward to checking this out.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 12:10 AM   #522
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

tobiasrichter wrote: View Post
Here is the first trailer of our little independent production - this is the trailer for "Prelude to Axanar", the war documentary that will be out next month and help with the Kickstarter for the main Axanar movie...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh4JbLhH_8w

Please also check out the Facebook page for day-to-day updates and general info:
https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekAxanar

or the webpage http://startrekaxanar.com/
I honestly do not gush about fan made productions, but WOW - I really want to see both Prelude to Axanar and the actual Axanar fan film these people are making. VERY impressive.
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 12:19 AM   #523
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

Tobias really good looking vfx. How long did it take to do all of that and what size ships are they in poly count?
Ronald Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 12:21 AM   #524
RCAM
Lieutenant Commander

Very, very impressive. The production values are excellent, the shots well put-together.

It does feel a little bit like Tony Todd doing an impression of himself, but that's probably unavoidable in a "big speech to an auditorium" moment.

Alec doesn't seem to have much presence as Garth, but this is such a short clip that I'm not too concerned yet. I look forward to seeing more to disabuse myself of or reaffirm that notion.

But again, this was terrific overall. I'm very impressed and eagerly await the final product.
RCAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 12:23 AM   #525
urbandefault
Captain

If what we've seen in the teaser is any indication of things to come, Axanar may have just raised the bar for independent Trek films way into the stratosphere. That's no easy feat, considering what's currently being produced.