RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,394
Posts: 5,505,542
Members: 25,130
Currently online: 437
Newest member: OneOfFour

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 4 2014, 07:14 AM   #421
t_smitts
Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

BigJake wrote: View Post
Loken wrote: View Post
Thanks, corrected the spelling. We are working on Faran. Now that the rest of our cast is complete he is the only remaining star we are after. We will get him.
Oh, now that... that would be sweet!
That's encouraging. I honestly assumed you'd probably have to recast.

So how are stardates in the 2240's gonna work, anyway? The ones on TOS were convoluted enough.
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 10:19 AM   #422
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral
 
Herkimer Jitty's Avatar
 
Location: Dayglow, New California Republic
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

Loken wrote: View Post
We are working on Faran. Now that the rest of our cast is complete he is the only remaining star we are after. We will get him.
You make it sound so... ominous.
__________________
STAR TREK: 1964-1965½, 1966-1969, Jan. 21-23 1972, 1979-2001, 2003-2005, 2009-?
Herkimer Jitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 08:16 PM   #423
Loken
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

The Axanar team is very proud to announce that veteran actress Kate Vernon, known best for her role as Ellen Tigh in the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, has joined the cast as Sonya Alexander a hot shot Starfleet captain.

Director Christian Gossett and I have been working hard to develop a strong female captain for the final battle. We in fact wrote this role for Kate after meeting her for the first time last spring at Wonder Con in Anaheim. We wanted a strong, tough, aggressive female captain who could go toe to toe with any other Starfleet captain. Sonya Alexander is second only to Garth in the number of Klingon ships destroyed in the Four Years War.

Our meeting with Kate this week went fantastic, and she is looking forward to defining this character in a way that will make her not only extremely capable, but a lot of fun.

Loken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 10:02 PM   #424
t_smitts
Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

She was also Valerie Archer on "Voyager"
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 10:09 PM   #425
feek61
Captain
 
feek61's Avatar
 
Location: The Sunshine State
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

Love her, good job getting her
__________________
feek61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2014, 05:32 AM   #426
Noname Given
Vice Admiral
 
Location: None Given
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

Loken wrote: View Post
The Axanar team is very proud to announce that veteran actress Kate Vernon, known best for her role as Ellen Tigh in the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica, has joined the cast as Sonya Alexander a hot shot Starfleet captain.

Director Christian Gossett and I have been working hard to develop a strong female captain for the final battle. We in fact wrote this role for Kate after meeting her for the first time last spring at Wonder Con in Anaheim. We wanted a strong, tough, aggressive female captain who could go toe to toe with any other Starfleet captain. Sonya Alexander is second only to Garth in the number of Klingon ships destroyed in the Four Years War.

Our meeting with Kate this week went fantastic, and she is looking forward to defining this character in a way that will make her not only extremely capable, but a lot of fun.

...and she plays Captain April's wife.../em ducks
Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2014, 04:39 PM   #427
Loken
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

No, she doesn't play April's wife. Actually Michael Hogan's wife plays Sarah April.

Kate plays Starfleet Captain Sonya Alexander.
Loken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2014, 09:31 PM   #428
lurok
Commodore
 
lurok's Avatar
 
Location: Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

Great casting coup(s). Vernon's always very watchable, as is Susan Hogan (iirc, she also played a ship captain in BSG). Looking forward to seeing her take on role, and sure she'll bring a lot to it.
__________________
"Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha"
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5 2014, 09:41 PM   #429
Loken
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

lurok wrote: View Post
Great casting coup(s). Vernon's always very watchable, as is Susan Hogan (iirc, she also played a ship captain in BSG). Looking forward to seeing her take on role, and sure she'll bring a lot to it.
Susan Hogan played the head of the tribunal at the trial of Baltar in BSG. (So yes, a ship captain!).

Loken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2014, 01:54 PM   #430
Loken
Lieutenant Commander
 
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

If you want the current updates on Axanar, we have a special forum all about Axanar for donors in our Kickstarter where we share lots of inside information, photos and video. Plus there are regular updates on our Kickstarter.

I will no longer be updating this thread. You can also check our Facebook page for updates.

Alec
Loken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6 2014, 09:02 PM   #431
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore
 
Location: Southwest Georgia
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

We use our Facebook group as a daily happenings blog site. FB may have its weaknesses, but using a group to communicate with those who want that sort of detail is a strength.
__________________
Randy
--------------------
Project Potemkin
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2014, 05:33 PM   #432
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral
 
doubleohfive's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

Loken wrote: View Post
If you want the current updates on Axanar, we have a special forum all about Axanar for donors in our Kickstarter where we share lots of inside information, photos and video. Plus there are regular updates on our Kickstarter.

I will no longer be updating this thread. You can also check our Facebook page for updates.

Alec
See you in a few months, when you're back promoting the film here, Alec!
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7 2014, 06:25 PM   #433
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral
 
Location: On the USS Sovereign
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

The problem with that method of dissemination is that everyone is not on Facebook.
Ronald Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2014, 09:55 AM   #434
Psion
Commodore
 
Psion's Avatar
 
Location: Lat: 40.1630936 Lon: -75.1183777
View Psion's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

Ronald Held wrote: View Post
The problem with that method of dissemination is that everyone is not on Facebook.
Ditto. You're excluding a portion of your audience just to put money in Facebook's purse.
__________________
Twinkies are back. I knew they couldn't stay away from me for long.
Psion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2014, 09:57 PM   #435
BigKrampus
Rear Admiral
 
BigKrampus's Avatar
 
Location: No matter where you go, there's BigJake.
Re: Star Trek: Axanar

They've announced Tony Todd (of Kurn and Candyman fame) as Admiral Ramirez. I'm still just really impressed by the cast of actors they've gotten.
__________________
Weasels rip BigJake's flesh!
"I wanna read more" - Dennis "I . . . agree with everything you said" - SPCTRE "I blame Cracked" - J. Allen "Take me off" - The Stig
BigKrampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.