Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

View Poll Results: Grade "The Power Of Three"
Geronimo! 32 26.67%
Good 60 50.00%
Average 17 14.17%
Bad 7 5.83%
The little boxes will make you angry 4 3.33%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 26 2012, 11:56 PM   #136
Worf2DS9
Writer

Re: 7X04 The Power Of Three (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

^Regardless, I tweeted SPACE that they should change that onscreen graphic to say MID-Season Finale.
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2012, 12:53 AM   #137
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Worf2DS9 wrote: View Post
^Regardless, I tweeted SPACE that they should change that onscreen graphic to say MID-Season Finale.
It's a little more complicated than that. There are indications that the production team is treating the Amy episodes and the Oswin episodes as two entirely different series, just shot in one production cycle. Tom Spillsbury recently set Ian Levine off on Twitter when he referred to the just-finished script for the post-Christmas episode as a the first episode of the next series. Worldwide is telling their merchandising partners that the first five are separate from Christmas and beyond. I'm honestly surprised that the DVD packaging for the first five calls it "Series Seven Part 1" because that's not what Worldwide has told people it was going to be called; according to e-mails i've received at work, Christmas and beyond is being called "Series Eight."

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2012, 12:58 AM   #138
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

It's also called "Series 7, Part 1" on iTunes as well.

I don't know if it's a similar situation to how we do things here in the US, but it could be like what happened on my show last year - we were picked up for a sixth season (13 episodes) fulfilling the original contracts that had been negotiated with our actors; in the middle of our production cycle, the network ordered an additional ten episodes, which we (internally and not on paper) referred to as "Season 7" because we had no idea when they would air.

As it turned out, the network only let five weeks go by in between these two batches of episodes, so it was genuinely a "Season 6, Part 1" and "Season 6, Part 2" for us... but my point is simply it could be a matter of actor contracts and salaries. In our case, we lobbed everything under the nomenclature of "Season 6" in order to keep all our actors and to pay them the same rates; had we officially (and on paper) called it "Season 7" we would have had to renegotiate with everyone in the cast and on top of that everyone on staff who would be returning would be entitled to a 3% bump in their paychecks.

But that's all on an American show. I have no idea how it works on BBC series, but it is something to consider -- with Gillan and Darvill leaving, it could just be that even though it's technically a "new" season (as in, series 8), they've for all intents and purposes been referring to it as and keeping it as "Series 7" so as not to have to renegotiate with Smith or any of the other production crew who might otherwise be entitled to pay raises.

Just my theorizing two cents
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2012, 07:54 PM   #139
Mike Farley
Commodore

So are the Ponds leaving this weekend, or in the Christmas episode?
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2012, 08:05 PM   #140
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Mike Farley wrote: View Post
So are the Ponds leaving this weekend, or in the Christmas episode?
Should be this weekend

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2012, 11:02 PM   #141
The Wormhole
Admiral

Yes, this weekend is the Ponds' tearful good-bye. Clara begins travelling with the Doctor at Christmas.
Old September 27 2012, 11:30 PM   #142
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.

Damn that was a fast five weeks.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2012, 11:38 PM   #143
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor

Indeed. And it's going to be a long 3 months.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28 2012, 01:30 AM   #144
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post
Indeed. And it's going to be a long 3 months.
And then a long 4+ months

But, maybe we'll get the other 8 by April, and then only wait a month or two after them to get a full season back to back, plus the 50th Anniversary Special and 2013 Christmas Special

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2012, 12:47 AM   #145
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
But, maybe we'll get the other 8 by April, and then only wait a month or two after them to get a full season back to back, plus the 50th Anniversary Special and 2013 Christmas Special
Hardly - I'm pretty sure it's going to be the back 8, anniversary, and Christmas next year, for a total of 10 episodes. They don't have time to shoot another 15 episodes to air in 2013.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2012, 01:17 AM   #146
DWF
Vice Admiral

ATimson wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Hardly - I'm pretty sure it's going to be the back 8, anniversary, and Christmas next year, for a total of 10 episodes. They don't have time to shoot another 15 episodes to air in 2013.
There's talk of them filming for a year, so I'd expect 15 eps. with season 8.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2012, 01:38 AM   #147
The Wormhole
Admiral

It's already been confirmed by BBC, Moffat and Matt Smith that 2013 will consist of the remaining S7 episodes, an undisclosed number of specials similar to what we had in 2009 to celebrate the 50th anniversary and a Christmas special. There won't be another full season until 2014.
Old September 29 2012, 01:48 AM   #148
Mr Light
Admiral

Damn, at first I thought you said 2013 will consist of 57 episodes

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2012, 01:58 AM   #149
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor

So did I! Now I'm really disappointed.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2012, 02:27 AM   #150
The Wormhole
Admiral

I realized someone was going to make that mistake as I was typing it. Then I decided to leave it there anyway.