Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 22 2012, 12:38 AM   #1
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent
Are you getting tired of Gordon Ramsay yet?

He's got his hands in a lot of TV programs for sure, both on the BBC and in the US. The F-Word, Gordon's Great Escape, Kitchen Nightmares, Hells Kitchen, Master Chef and now Hotel Hell where he goes and helps hotels shape up? WTF, is he now a hotel expert too?

I'm guilty, I watch all of these shows

But are you tired of him yet, or do you want more?

Well, at least its mostly entertaining. I like Master Chef better than Hells Kitchen though. And Hotel Hell, seems interesting so far, but I'm concerned that just like Kitchen Nightmares he doesn't actually get into the heart of the US and sticks either to the north east or California, not exactly helping restaurants or hotels around the country. He pretty much sticks in one spot for both Kitchen Nightmares and Hotel Hell. Gordon's Great Escape is a bit more entertaining, he actually travels in that one.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2012, 12:53 AM   #2
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: Are you getting tired of Gordon Ramsay yet?

I've never even seen him and I'm sick of him. I'm not sure how, maybe I read a newspaper article about the guy.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2012, 01:35 AM   #3
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I facilitate a family member with this bollocks. I keep saying to her, please tell me when this starts to suck so that I can rededicate my bandwidth but the girl has a peanut bouncing around between her ears.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2012, 01:39 AM   #4
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

I watch Kitchen Nightmares on BBCA, some episodes may times over, but I haven't seen much of the other shows.

So I still like him.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2012, 01:41 AM   #5
Garak
Mr Garak. Today My Name is Mr Garak

It's impossible to get tired of Gordon Ramsay because he's so amazing.

I'd totally have him over for dinner.
Old September 22 2012, 02:35 AM   #6
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile

He is a bit over-saturated right now. While I watch Kitchen Nightmares, Hells Kitchen and Master Chef, I don't watch Hotel Hell.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2012, 02:42 AM   #7
Wereghost
Commodore

This is a Catch-22 situation for me. Decided long ago that I could not stand that obnoxious blowhard, so now I have little experience of what he's currently like.

Having said that, though, there's got to be some degree of commonality with someone who probably thinks that he's the only one on the job with a modicum of competence.
Old September 22 2012, 03:39 AM   #8
Forbin
Admiral

I only see him when I accidentally catch the end of his show when I turn o the TV to watch something else.

I was sick to frickin death of him within the first two seconds of the first time I saw him.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2012, 04:10 AM   #9
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

The only show of his that I've watched is Kitchen Nightmares, and I definitely prefer the UK version over the US version. The UK version comes across as a pretty interesting show about the restaurant business, and the importance of if not excellence, at least competence from everyone involved — the owner, the chef, the kitchen staff, the waiters. I also like how he stresses taking advantage of locally available ingredients.

The US version minimizes everything that I love about the UK version in favor of family drama, extreme restaurant makeovers, and (lately) the chance for Gordon to play Dr. Phil with whomever he's helping this week. I actually started watching the US version first, so the mellower pace and tone of the UK version took me by surprise (not to mention one episode where the "extreme makeover" consisted of buying livelier tablecloths).

So in general I'm tired of him, but if BBC America is running repeats of UK Kitchen Nightmares, I'll still tune in.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2012, 04:44 AM   #10
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I liked him when BBC America started running the UK Kitchen Nightmares. And then, there was Hell's Kitchen in all its varieties, and then the crappy US version of Kitchen Nightmares.

Now, BBC America, which was once my favorite channel, is running nothing before prime time except the same, very stale episodes of Top Gear and Kitchen Nightmares over and over and over again.

I'm sick of Gordon, quite frankly. I could stand for him to go away for awhile. And he can take Jeremy Clarkson with him.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2012, 11:02 AM   #11
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

I know jack about the restaurant business and even less what goes on behind the doors in the kitchen but i simply won't believe you have to be such an ass to motivate and control your people.. he directly insults them and this is a big no for me. I know that top restaurants operate on a very high standard and that a single bad cook can spoil an entire meal so there's bound to be big pressure but i think for TV ratings Gordon is going too far.

However besides his competition shows i like his stuff very much.. he's got a wicked sense of humor, he's very passionate and knowledgeable about his work and he can explain stuff quite well.

I'd really like to eat something he cooks if i ever have the chance but i guess his courses are way outside my budget to ever make that happen (does he even cook anymore in one of his restaurants or is he a showman now?).
Old September 22 2012, 12:56 PM   #12
Eno
Lieutenant

View Eno's Twitter Profile

What, who? He's some sort of foul mouthed chef, and English?

The English can't cook!

Happily I live in Australia where we have amazing coffee and fine dining.

English fine dining=oxymoron.

I would not, will never watch an Englishman cook.

And I am inclined towards being an Anglophile.

But NEVER with cuisine.
Eno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2012, 02:31 PM   #13
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

I just caught this Hells Kitchen USA thing on ITV1 by mistake a few months ago....and i really enjoyed it, and i hate cooking programms or anything with the public on it(You've been framed being the excemption due to Harry Hill).

I would watch another Hells Kitchen USA if it came back on tv.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2012, 03:12 PM   #14
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

cardinal biggles wrote: View Post
The only show of his that I've watched is Kitchen Nightmares, and I definitely prefer the UK version over the US version. The UK version comes across as a pretty interesting show about the restaurant business, and the importance of if not excellence, at least competence from everyone involved — the owner, the chef, the kitchen staff, the waiters. I also like how he stresses taking advantage of locally available ingredients.

The US version minimizes everything that I love about the UK version in favor of family drama, extreme restaurant makeovers, and (lately) the chance for Gordon to play Dr. Phil with whomever he's helping this week. I actually started watching the US version first, so the mellower pace and tone of the UK version took me by surprise (not to mention one episode where the "extreme makeover" consisted of buying livelier tablecloths).

So in general I'm tired of him, but if BBC America is running repeats of UK Kitchen Nightmares, I'll still tune in.
It's funny how they can say "shit" & "bullshit" on Kitchen Nightmares literally dozens of times in an episode, but bleep out "cock up" on Top Gear.

Eno wrote: View Post

The English can't cook!

But NEVER with cuisine.
Gordon was born in Scotland. Could you watch a Scotsman cook?
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2012, 03:42 PM   #15
Forbin
Admiral

Eno wrote: View Post

The English can't cook!

But NEVER with cuisine.
*Ahem* - Graham Kerr.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote