Survivor 25: Phillipines Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Garak, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I was rooting for Malcolm, but I had a feeling he was toast as soon as they revealed what the final immunity challenge would be. I just didn't expect him to be the first one out even with that second chance. I'm glad Denise won; I think of the final three she was the most deserving. I fully expected Lisa to come in third place, and I was a little surprised that she beat out Malcolm for Player of the Season.

I'm not surprised that Malcolm will be back next season for Fans vs. Favorites, though. He seemed to be by far this season's breakout "character," and to be honest, seeing that list of other players coming back, I think he'll have a good chance of going deep into the game again. Unless these new fans are better at Survivor than the last batch was, of course.

2. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm still wishing that Malcolm and Denise had paired up and voted for Lisa and then at least it would have gone to a challenge.

3. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Other than Malcolm and the inbred Hantz, I didn't recognize any of the names, and had to use Google Images.

That helped, as I remember Dawn, and seem to remember liking her.

Erik, I don't remember his season, other than he was one of the few bits of eye candy we got.

Phillip, though, acted like a loon. He was nuts. Then we find out at the reunion show that he really was a special agent, and he acts like that? Ouch.

Cochran, I really wanted to like at first (ginger and geek?), and then he opened his mouth. Did he learn anything from his experience, or is he still a dolt?

The rest, even after seeing their pictures, I don't remember at all.

4. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

omg no. Not him :brickwall:

5. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

I remember most of them.

This was the easy on the eyes girl who allied with Matt (the guy who spent like 89 days on Redemption Island) and not Rob's sycophantic girl posse. Decent player, maybe not cerebral enough.

Women/whores tempt this young and conflicted, possibly homosexual man.

She's the cutthroat cutie in the season that Fabio won. My money was on her but she got blindsided I think.

I remember her being kind of a bitch. Gabon was a while ago.

She creeped me out.

Can't believe you guys don't remember Erik - he made possibly the most boneheaded move in Survivor history when he won immunity, gave it to Parvarti or one of her girls, and then promptly got voted out.

Don't remember much about her. Think she was early to go.

The cockmeister!

Duh.

Remember in the final tribal when he started insulting the jury? Possibly one of the more epic, hilarious Survivor moments for me.

So yeah, like Locutus said it's not really the standard definition of favorites but I'm content to see what they can do. It actually sounds like kind of a dysfunctional tribe already.

6. Darth Duck

Darth Duck Commodore Commodore

Brenda, damn, now I remember her. She should be fun to watch.

7. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I thought for sure Skupin was going to win, and I completely echo Malcolm's (or was it Penner?) criticism of her nodding her head all the time smiling, trying to appease everybody - fucking pissed me off too.

She played well though, I suppose she might have beaten Malcolm anyway in the end given the vote tally.

Knowing she's safe, she could have made the final vote a tie, but I guess seeing as she won I can't blame her for her choice.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was Malcolm who made the appeasing comment.

I think Jeff Probst asked the jury members the wrong question. He asked if Malcolm would have won if he'd gone up against Denise. He should have asked them if he'd have won if he'd gone up against Skupin and Lisa (and I think he would have).

9. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was also really surprised he didn't win the Sprint prize for favorite player, and that Lisa won over him. Did she get the extra votes to give her the edge because she was a popular celeb who managed to make it to the end? I don't get it. If it's true he's back for next season, at least he'll get another chance.

10. Stiletto

Stiletto Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I totally expected Malcolm to win the game, so I didn't vote his name for the Sprint prize. Spread the wealth.

Also, does anyone think that the producers purposely picked that challenge for the end knowing that Malcolm would do so badly? Malcolm admitted that he had the world's most shakiest hands, and probably did so in his interview.

11. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

No, I don't think so, they pick a final challenge where physically strong players don't have an obvious advantage every season.