RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,694
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 734
Newest member: meshman63

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old September 23 2012, 07:46 AM   #16
Shilliam Watner
Commander

Re: Glenn Corbett - Zefram Cochrane

Gary7 wrote: View Post
The actor who played Zefram Cochrane in TOS Metamorphosis, Glenn Corbett, was at one time slated to be in an Irwin Allen production that never got off the ground. It was called "City Beneath the Sea". The short promo clip I linked shows a scene with Glenn piloting the flying sub from "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea". It was filmed in 1968, so he looks very much as he did in the TOS episode. Kind of interesting.
Wow. How about young James Brolin who would hit it big with The Amityville Horror in the 70s as well as 'The Car'.
Shilliam Watner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2012, 05:28 PM   #17
Stompy
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Glenn Corbett - Zefram Cochrane

E-DUB wrote: View Post
Corbett also starred in a TV SF movie called "The Stranger". You'll probably have a hard time finding it but it's worth a look. It kind of seemed likt the pilot for a series never picked up. Corbett is an astronaut who finds himself on a strange duplicate of Earth where a full police-state runs the show. Also stars, Lew Ayes, Sharon Acker, Cameron Mitchell and the recently deceased Steve Frankin.
The Stranger scared the crap outta me as a kid. I've got a taped off of TV copy on VHS. I think it was the moons that freaked me out...
www.jamesdarren.com
Stompy is offline   Reply With Quote