Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old September 12 2012, 06:14 PM   #31
Jeffery_Tubes
Lieutenant

Re: If you were on the Enterprise D, what would you do?

Find the nearest corner, crawl up into a ball and sob like a baby.
Old September 12 2012, 06:21 PM   #32
yenny
Captain

What I would do, is ask. What ship it was? What happen to it crew? And, why was I beam on board?
Then I would order the computer to set course for the nearest star system at warp 7. I would move the ship to keep any Earth governments from sending a man spaceship up and try to board the ship. One thing you don't want, is to have someone during this time period to get a hold of a Federation ship like the Enterprise.
yenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 01:36 PM   #33
Forbin
Admiral

Ship's phasers on stun, and put the entire middle east to sleep until they can behave themselves.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 01:42 PM   #34
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Right, because there is still a middle east in the 24th century.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 07:27 PM   #35
sojourner
Vice Admiral

^Who added the 24th century to the scenario?
Old September 13 2012, 11:07 PM   #36
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Deks wrote: View Post
Take a portable laptop containing majority if not most of the specifications on numerous technologies and specific instructions on how to recreate them with todays technology.
yenny wrote: View Post
I would move the ship to keep any Earth governments from sending a man spaceship up and try to board the ship. One thing you don't want, is to have someone during this time period to get a hold of a Federation ship like the Enterprise.
I would mine the Enterprise for technology and bring it to Earth, what I introduced (and didn't) would be pretty subjective on my part admittedly. Medical advances would come first. Followed closely by power production technology, not antimatter, but working fusion reactor designs that could be reproduced on Earth. See if the Enterprise's life support technology could be up-scaled to clean the environment, have it available to industrial plants so that their discharge would be environmentally neutral. Cheap water desalinization.

Phaser technology to disintegrate land fills, nuclear and toxic waste. As much as possible, deliberately make phaser tech "bulky" to slow it's introduction onto battlefields (wouldn't stop it in time).

Stuff in the main computer memory would be historically interesting.

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13 2012, 11:50 PM   #37
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

Too many things to list and some I'd not even want to... :P

Although I think the first thing anyone should do is make sure the ship isn't going to fall out of orbit or warp core breech... lol.

Oddly enough, this is a recurring fantasy. Although I usually go with the 1701-E and get their via Q deciding to have some fun by giving a 21st century human such an advanced thing and see what happens.

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 03:13 AM   #38
ngc7293
Commander

Mars wrote: View Post
Lets say you we;re living your life, and suddenly after a moment of disorientation you find yourself standing on the transporter pad, there is no one in the room. You walk off the platform, approach the door and it opens, you look out into an empty corridor, the lights are on and everything is functioning, only there is no people. After walking for some time, you pass a window showing the Earth as seen from space, through another window you see the Earth's moon, still no people, not even when you enter the turbolift and go to the Bridge. So what would you do?
This sounds like another thread....

Am I a trekkie(or trekker as the case may be) with all the knowledge of the trek universe that I have seen? If not, I get beamed aboard a strange ship. I wander around a lot and probably starve to death because I don't know how anything works.
However, if I am a trekkie/er, I would know which ship or station I am on judging by the consoles. I wouldn't have a clue as to how to get myself beamed back home (seeing as how it was probably a transporter malfunction anyway). I would go to 10 forward/mess hall and get something to eat/drink. Then I would find my way down to Engineering where I would find out the warp core was in danger of a breach which I could not stop even if I was an engineer (hence the lack of people) I go to the shuttle bay and lo and behold there is a warp shuttle there for me that can fly on auto pilot. I somehow tell the the computer to let me out before the core breaches and it believes me and I get away just before boom. Now, why Red Alert wasn't sounding while I was getting someing to eat is beyond me.
Old September 14 2012, 03:21 AM   #39
Gary7
Rear Admiral

I'd smile and enjoy the fact that I *finally* had a worthwhile TNG dream.

Can't answer to "but if it really happened", because it wouldn't. The Enterprise would never be deserted unless it was abandoned for catastrophic reasons or a barium sweep. Or... "Q" somehow took an interest in my petty little life and decided to have some fun, cloning a fully functional Enterprise D and putting me on it, like a rat in a maze.
Old September 14 2012, 04:09 AM   #40
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago

Baryon, not Barium...though a Barium sweep sounds highly unpleasant for its own reasons.
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 05:32 AM   #41
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Darth Duck wrote: View Post
I hear Guinan keeps some good booze behind the counter in Ten Forward. I'd like something green.
Don't forget to grab the other thing she hides behind there, too.

Chris3123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 01:31 PM   #42
Forbin
Admiral

teacake wrote:
Right, because there is still a middle east in the 24th century.
I read the OP to suggest it's present day when we mysteriously appear on the ship.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 01:42 PM   #43
Tcsfan
Lieutenant Commander

I would try it figure out what is going on because the power would not last for ever if it goes out I am screwd ( it might be a while before it happens but it will happen )
Tcsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 03:57 PM   #44
bbailey861
Admiral

Darth Duck wrote: View Post
I hear Guinan keeps some good booze behind the counter in Ten Forward. I'd like something green.
First look at this thread - and this was my first thought as well. Head to Ten Forward and have a few stiff drinks. Yes, indeed.
bbailey861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2012, 04:14 PM   #45
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos

Forbin wrote: View Post
Ship's phasers on stun, and put the entire middle east to sleep until they can behave themselves.
Why am i picturing something like this...

M