RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,664
Members: 24,815
Currently online: 451
Newest member: AlphaZero

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old September 27 2012, 08:15 PM   #61
wahwahkits
Commander

View wahwahkits's Twitter Profile
Re: Has the Blood & Chrome miniseries aired yet?

Scrawny71 wrote: View Post
^ Nah, she just said she was a cylon - clearly and repeatedly. Specifically, she said she was Caprica Six, and she even "continued" a sexual relationship with Baltar. But then Downloaded happened and Head Six and Cap Six had always been two separate entities, which obviously makes that particular angel a damn dirty liar.

Also, Head Six in one first-season episode says to Baltar of Boomer that "her model is weak", the exact words used by a Six on Caprica when discussing the fake Sharon who has been assigned to seduce Helo. In the latter case it appears that the Six is concerned that Athena might be distracted by her emotions; in the former, Head Six associates conscience with egregious sentimentality, just as in Superman 2 where Ursa speculates that Supes protects the humans because he sees them as pets.
Didn't head six turn out to be an angel?...
Old September 27 2012, 08:22 PM   #62
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

wahwahkits wrote: View Post
^ Nah, she just said she was a cylon - clearly and repeatedly. Specifically, she said she was Caprica Six, and she even "continued" a sexual relationship with Baltar. But then Downloaded happened and Head Six and Cap Six had always been two separate entities, which obviously makes that particular angel a damn dirty liar.

Also, Head Six in one first-season episode says to Baltar of Boomer that "her model is weak", the exact words used by a Six on Caprica when discussing the fake Sharon who has been assigned to seduce Helo. In the latter case it appears that the Six is concerned that Athena might be distracted by her emotions; in the former, Head Six associates conscience with egregious sentimentality, just as in Superman 2 where Ursa speculates that Supes protects the humans because he sees them as pets.
Yes, Baltar's head Six and Caprica Six's Head Baltar both showed up in that final scene

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Old September 27 2012, 08:28 PM   #63
Wereghost
Commodore

Yes. And more to the point, she turned out to be neither who nor what she initially told Baltar she was.

(Anyway, the word "angel" can be interpreted broadly. In its widest sense it basically means "messenger".)
Old September 28 2012, 02:29 AM   #64
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Sindatur wrote: View Post

Yes, Baltar's head Six and Caprica Six's Head Baltar both showed up in that final scene
They are the Joker and the Thief.

Baltar the Joker:

There must be some way out of here
Said the joker to the thief
There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief
Businessmen, they drink my wine
Plowmen dig my earth
None of them along the line
Know what any of it is worth

Six the Thief:

No reason to get excited
The thief, he kindly spoke
There are many here among us
Who feel that life is but a joke
But you and I, we've been through that
And this is not our fate
So let us not talk falsely now
The hour is getting late

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old October 1 2012, 03:52 PM   #65
Pixel
Commander

View Pixel's Twitter Profile

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
And even if it does do well, then what? They've already made the decision not to go forward. There's nothing that will piss off the boss worse than being publically embarassed by having a decision proven wrong. Nobody's going to go there, not if they value their jobs.
Ain't that the truth. At her first UK convention appearance a few years back, Michelle Forbes was speaking about the pilot she did, the name of which escapes me, that leaked online after the studio dropped it, and got a huge response and fans asking for it to be picked up - she said they were furious.
Old October 1 2012, 03:55 PM   #66
Pixel
Commander

View Pixel's Twitter Profile

And a quick wiki hunt later - Global Frequency.

And yeah, the Dredd film was awesome and not that expensive. As hideous as it was, Battleship has made more cash. There ain't no justice...
Old October 30 2012, 07:45 PM   #67
Ricardus
Ensign

I came to the BSG reboot later. I never watched it when it was on, and ended up watching the entire series over last summer.

I don't understand at all why more Sci Fi isn't produced. I go to cons and see people STARVING for good Sci Fi, and yet a channel (that used to be) called Sci-Fi would rather produce crappy reality TV.
Old October 30 2012, 07:48 PM   #68
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Ricardus wrote: View Post
I came to the BSG reboot later. I never watched it when it was on, and ended up watching the entire series over last summer.

I don't understand at all why more Sci Fi isn't produced. I go to cons and see people STARVING for good Sci Fi, and yet a channel (that used to be) called Sci-Fi would rather produce crappy reality TV.
Sci-fi on TV is expensive and has a small audience. This is a poor recipe for success (read: profit.)
Old November 3 2012, 07:30 AM   #69
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

Rumors from "multiple reliable sources" put a release of the pilot/movie on Blu-Ray and DVD this month:

http://fellowshipoffools.com/index.p...3Atv&Itemid=54
Old November 3 2012, 07:52 AM   #70
teacake
Admiral

Wouldn't there be some hype?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 3 2012, 07:58 AM   #71
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

SyFy has been so hush-hush about what's going on with this thing that nothing would surprise me. It's not like they've been publicizing anything else about it.
Old November 3 2012, 02:32 PM   #72
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Derp-O'-Lantern wrote: View Post
Rumors from "multiple reliable sources" put a release of the pilot/movie on Blu-Ray and DVD this month:

http://fellowshipoffools.com/index.p...3Atv&Itemid=54
Actually it looks like it might be made available online this month, with a DVD/BluRay closer to Christmas.

If so, good news, I've been hoping they sank so much into it, they couldn't afford not to put it out on DVD/BluRay

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Old November 3 2012, 07:23 PM   #73
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

They should hold it till next spring and then air it as a special, leading in to their Defiance series premiere. NBC did that with Mockingbird Lane, and it apparently boosted Grimm's ratings.

They may be able to make some money with a DVD release, but then it's gone. Using the pilot as a PR boost to an ongoing series is an investment in the future. Of course that assumes Defiance appeals to the nuBSG audience...
Old November 3 2012, 10:41 PM   #74
teacake
Admiral

But Defiance isn't in the same world is it?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 4 2012, 04:28 PM   #75
StalwartUK
Commander

Finally some good news.

Temis the Friendly Ghost wrote: View Post
They should hold it till next spring and then air it as a special, leading in to their Defiance series premiere. NBC did that with Mockingbird Lane, and it apparently boosted Grimm's ratings.

They may be able to make some money with a DVD release, but then it's gone. Using the pilot as a PR boost to an ongoing series is an investment in the future. Of course that assumes Defiance appeals to the nuBSG audience...
Well it doesn't seem like Syfy have any interest in making a Blood and Chrome series (the window to do so has probably long since passed anyway). Might as well try to recoup some of the costs they put into it and wash their hands of it at he same time instead of just leaving it on some shelf collecting dust.