MIDNIGHT IS COMING! "Before Sunrise 3: Before Midnight" Countdown

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Gaith, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Is this from BS2 or BS3? I honestly can't tell, but I'm leaning towards the latter.

Yes, friends, The AV Club has just reported that Before Midnight, the highly dubiously-necessary sequel to 2004's Before Sunset (itself one of cinema's all-time best sequels, the original being 1995's Before Sunrise), has finished its stealth production shoot in Greece.

An AV Club commenter on the same article leaks us the tightly under-wraps plot:

Can Jesse overcome his amnesia over his dark past as a government assassin in time to help Celine throw the ring into the Crack of Doom, thus breaking the Curse of the Black Pearl? Or will the two be crushed at the hands of Magneto, just as Jesse's parents were all those years ago, before he went off to Hogwarts?
    (... But that may have been a first draft, before Michael Bay was brought onboard.)

No release date as of yet, but, while I'm deeply nervous about the prospect of marring the second movie's total perfection, this could just be amazing also, as well as (I assume) the culmination of one of the greatest trilogies... ever.

(Memo to self: find a pretty prospective girlfriend to take to this movie. Prepare for instant mutual love-fever!)

... Let the Before Midnight spoiler-free discussion commence!

2. Vasquez Rocks

Vasquez Rocks Commodore Commodore

I love these movies. Can't wait to see this new one. I remember hearing at one time that Linklater, Hawke and Delpy were thinking of doing these every ten years or so.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I saw the 2nd one first and it really touched me, especially the ending when she sings the song. Then I saw the first movie and found it very so-so. It didn't have the pathos and missed love of the sequel.

4. Gaith

I agree that BS2 is better, but the first one is still pretty great, IMO - and gets even better when you know that the payoff of 2 is coming. Y'oughter try watching them in order next time. ;)

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Nice to have a title. I couldn't imagine what a third installment would be called.

6. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've seen both movies. I thought Before Sunrise was nice and romantic. I thought Before Sunset was great and more emotional. I have no doubt Before Midnight will up the emotional ante. Based on the picture above, I wonder if the movie will focus on a married Jesse and Celine going on a vacation to fix their rocky marriage. But I notice Jesse and Celine don't have wedding rings on their fingers in the picture. Interesting.

7. Gaith

In a desperate attempt to see the movie as cold as possible, I haven't read the review, but the AV Club gives The Before and The Sunrise: Athens Drift an A-. Schweeeeeeeeet! :p