RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,677
Members: 24,824
Currently online: 554
Newest member: Frazier101

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old October 9 2012, 02:06 PM   #1
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile
Channel 4 End Shameless After 11 Series

From The Guardian

Channel 4's longest running drama series, Shameless, is to end with next year's 11th series.
Shameless creator Paul Abbott said the 10th anniversary of the drama's first outing seemed a fitting time to bring it to an end.
The final series of 14 episodes is being filmed in Manchester, bringing the total to 139.
"Its 10th anniversary seems a fitting time to shut the book on Shameless. We've had an absolute ball making this stuff up for a living. We've given back in spades and got away with absolute murder, on behalf of such a fantastically outspoken audience," Abbott said.
"But this is also the year my dad died and he was, in abstract, my core inspiration for starting the whole Shameless party rolling, I wanted to make invisible people vivid. Closing the two eras in the same year feels very right. Now I'm off to build the next whatever it is."
So that's the end of Channel 4's longest running drama series. I stopped watching about 3 or 4 series ago, might try and catch up at some point now that it's ending.
Old October 9 2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Seven of Five
Commodore

Re: Channel 4 End Shameless After 11 Series

I lost interest in series 7 I think. I might try and go back and catch up, but there are only so many silly storylines, or cast changes I can sit through. I tried to watch the first episode of the new series and just kept getting distracted by how many people I didn't recognise. It's a problem with any long-running show I guess.
Old October 9 2012, 03:42 PM   #3
ITL
Vice Admiral

I stopped watching after a couple of episodes of S9. I much prefer the US version. Still, I might catch up on them one day.
Old October 9 2012, 03:46 PM   #4
Bob The Skutter
Service Droid

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

ITHell wrote: View Post
I stopped watching after a couple of episodes of S9. I much prefer the US version. Still, I might catch up on them one day.
Gave up on the US version sometime in the first half of season 1. Was it worth sticking with? Think it was series 8 I stopped watching, around when Ian left.
Old October 9 2012, 03:48 PM   #5
ITL
Vice Admiral

I think it was worth sticking with, yep.
Old October 9 2012, 05:53 PM   #6
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

The US version is indeed very, very good.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2012, 12:48 PM   #7
stoneroses
Rear Admiral

Should have ended about six years ago when the daughter left.

http://communities.msn.com/infograpismo
stoneroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2012, 08:14 PM   #8
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

The US version is much better than the last few years.

I stopped watching at the end of series....6 I think. They blew up one of my favourite characters, the only genuinely nice person left. It was all too much for me, not least with the bizarre musical segment at the end!
Old October 10 2012, 11:47 PM   #9
Seven of Five
Commodore

Oh god that was horrific!

The best series for me were the classic Fiona/Steve years. The relationships between the Gallagher family were perfect back then, with Frank regarded much more negatively as he was such a dickhead. I think they seemed to lose some of that as the show went on, and the various children left.

I haven't seen any of the US version, how does it rate?