Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old September 11 2012, 08:23 PM   #1
SimpleLogic

Activate....

The Photonic Cannon!

How great was Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy?
Old September 11 2012, 08:29 PM   #2
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: Activate....

That was a good fun episode on so many levels. The Doctor's fantasies were amusing and in a dramatic note he really did get to play the hero and save the day at the end.

But all the Doctor episodes are good... Picardo carried the bad ones and shone in the good ones.
Old September 11 2012, 08:30 PM   #3
SimpleLogic

R. Star wrote: View Post
That was a good fun episode on so many levels. The Doctor's fantasies were amusing and in a dramatic note he really did get to play the hero and save the day at the end.

But all the Doctor episodes are good... Picardo carried the bad ones and shone in the good ones.
I agree, I can't even think of a bad Doctor episode.
Old September 11 2012, 08:57 PM   #4
Violet.Phoenix
Commander

"Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy" is such a great episode, so much fun. I still laugh so hard at the scene in the Briefing Room.

Janeway: "You...are dismissed."

But on the more general note of Picardo's performance, I would agree that he did an excellent job as the Doctor, and also that there really are no bad Doctor episodes. Even "Darkling" and "Virtuoso", which some do not enjoy, I find quite entertaining for their character moments.
Old September 11 2012, 10:21 PM   #5
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

SimpleLogic wrote: View Post
R. Star wrote: View Post

I agree, I can't even think of a bad Doctor episode.

He did chew the scenery quite a bit in "Darkling".
Old September 11 2012, 10:28 PM   #6
Alpha Flyer
Lieutenant Commander

View Alpha Flyer's Twitter Profile

"Projections" (Season 2) sucked, in every which way. This is Jim Wright's summary (check out his insightful and hilarious Voyager reviews on www.reviewboy.com, if you never have ...):

"See Holodoc. See Holodoc on Holodeck. See Holodeck malfunction. Bad Holodeck, bad. See Holodoc lose his mind, become a Real Boy against his will, meet Barclay, marry Kes, tour the ship, and disappear Paris (obscure Catch-22 reference) like he always wanted to. See Holodoc's head hurt. My head hurts too."

But "Tinker Tailor Soldier Soy" was brilliant, next to "Bride of Chaotica!" the funniest of all VOY eps.

You are welcome to check out my fanfic at http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2537553/Alpha_Flyer
Alpha Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11 2012, 10:43 PM   #7
Violet.Phoenix
Commander

Alpha Flyer wrote: View Post
"Projections" (Season 2) sucked, in every which way. This is Jim Wright's summary (check out his insightful and hilarious Voyager reviews on www.reviewboy.com, if you never have ...):

"See Holodoc. See Holodoc on Holodeck. See Holodeck malfunction. Bad Holodeck, bad. See Holodoc lose his mind, become a Real Boy against his will, meet Barclay, marry Kes, tour the ship, and disappear Paris (obscure Catch-22 reference) like he always wanted to. See Holodoc's head hurt. My head hurts too."
Really? I always thought that "Projections" had a sort of Inception feel to it (arguably not of the same quality) and the whole idea of the Doctor's world becoming a "hologram within a hologram" was cool.

Hmm...difference of opinions I guess
Old September 12 2012, 03:50 AM   #8
SimpleLogic

The problem with that kind of review is you can apply similar musings to anything so it is not very original or funny if that was the intent. At least the episode tried to do something different considering they were still figuring out what to do with the Doctor's character since he was stuck in the sickbay at this time.
Old September 12 2012, 05:38 AM   #9
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

I pretty much love every thing the Doctor did and every word he ever uttered.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote