Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old February 29 2012, 03:34 AM   #1
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

The National Rugby League Thread of 2012

With the season due to start tomorrow night, with the Knights - Dragons game. But I'm looking forward to Friday night and watching the Eels play (and beat) the Brisbane Broncos.

I'm looking forward to a good season, and hoping the Eels make the top 8 this year. They have the talent.
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2012, 12:41 PM   #2
Jono
Rear Admiral

Re: The National Rugby League Thread of 2012

I'm just hoping that Dugan and Campese can play more than half the games this season for Canberra. If not, they have no chance. They have Storm first up which is great since Storm are their boogie team (2 wins in 16 I think). I hope for a competitive match and no major injuries...I'll trade a win for Campo, Dugan, Lahrs and Shillo getting through uninjured.

Newcastle just lost and it was an average game. Lots of mistakes as you would expect in the opening round. I don't care but when Gidley went to even it up with 10 to go instead of a try I got to say I was hoping the Knights would lose for not going for the win.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2012, 09:26 AM   #3
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Parramatta were very disappointing in the second half. There is always next week.
Old March 3 2012, 11:52 AM   #4
Jono
Rear Admiral

Thought the Raiders might surprise me and they came so close, within 1 1/2 mins of winning. Saw some good signs, the Raiders were winning in several facets (though only the score counts in the comp), which is good signs given the quality of the Storm. From what they showed I don't think we'll see a repeat of the 8 game losing streak they had at the start of 2011.

Haven't heard of any injuries, but tomorrow will really tell. If its all good news I consider this a "good" start to the season for the Raiders.
Old March 11 2012, 06:10 AM   #5
Jono
Rear Admiral

Good win by the Raiders yesterday, their first at Robina. It was encouraging to see them hold the Titans to zip in the second half, especially in the final 5 - 10 mins when the Titans really were pressuring and Campo got sin binned...though to be fair the ref helped by denying the Titans a try that was more likely than not a fair try.
Old March 12 2012, 10:57 AM   #6
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Oh yeah another loss. The scoreline doesn't indicate how close the game was. Plus Hindmarsh pulling out and Hayne get injuried didn't help.
Old March 14 2012, 06:15 AM   #7
Collingwood Nick
Vice Admiral

Who are you tipping to win the premiership this year?
Old March 14 2012, 06:25 AM   #8
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Hopefully Manly don't win again. I'll decide later on. Got other things on my mind right at the moment.
Old March 17 2012, 01:01 PM   #9
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Bloody disappointing Parramatta. So it's 0 from 3. Next week changes should happen - more pressure on Kearney.
Old March 17 2012, 01:27 PM   #10
Collingwood Nick
Vice Admiral

Go Melbourne Go, win back the premierships that were stolen from you
Old March 18 2012, 07:43 AM   #11
Jono
Rear Admiral

The Raiders lost to a poor Roosters side. As soon as Dugan and Fenson went off so early I felt my hopes fade and than Thurling before half time had any hopes of holding out shattered. While it was a close game it was no thanks to a supreme effort by the Raiders, while they had to put in a big effort with some many injuries they weren't fantastic, it was more down to the Roosters' poor ball control and error count. The Roosters should have put at least 15+ on the Raiders given the Raiders started to lose players at about the 10 min mark leaving them to play 40+ min with only 1 on the bench. Though if I were a Roosters supporter I'd be looking past that and focusing on the fact that my team walked away with the 2 points.

The worrying news is injuries. Dugan and Fenson are looking at possibly sitting out for a while with their injuries, while isn't good given Dugan's importance in attack and Fenson's importance as a work horse. That really does counter the good news of Lahrs returning from injury. I was hoping for a season that wasn't going to be dominated by who was unavailable for the Raiders.
Old March 23 2012, 11:12 AM   #12
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Bloody pathetic effect from the Eels. Turned it off around 30 minutes into the game. Still yet to score. Very disappointing. Looks like has been learnt from last week's performance.
Old March 26 2012, 01:00 PM   #13
Jono
Rear Admiral

Raiders beat an average Tigers tonight. Good to see Campo looking like he is getting back his form and while there were injuries again at least this week they didn't derail the team.
Old April 1 2012, 06:30 AM   #14
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

I'm very happy that the Eels won last night. Seems to still problems with defence, but things are looking up.
Old April 2 2012, 11:56 AM   #15
Jono
Rear Admiral

Rubbish 1st half by the Raiders and they got dusted. More concerning is the injury toll, for the 3rd week in a row the Raiders lost 2 players during the game. Nothing much to say other than the better side won.