Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old August 16 2012, 08:39 PM   #1
tmosler
Lieutenant Commander

will they more star trek video games like bridge commander

Hi I was just watching star trek armada 2 gameplay videos online and am sorda depressed that they cant make any more star trek armada or bridge commander games. I just wanted to make this thread to see if any one thinks that if the next star trek movie, the rumored new star trek action tv show, and the new star trek video game are all successful then does anyone think the will make more good star trek games like this?
tmosler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2012, 12:08 AM   #2
tmosler
Lieutenant Commander

Re: will they more star trek video games like bridge commander

anyone
tmosler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2012, 12:43 AM   #3
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

There was the space combat game Star Trek Legacy a few years ago. Although I'm not sure it counts as "good"

As for the future.... anything's possible. But nothing like that is being planned at the moment.
Old August 20 2012, 11:04 PM   #4
Kadratis
Fleet Captain

The Star Trek Excalibur Project looks like it has promise, but with any fan creation, don't hold your breath. Outside of that, I don't see any publishers signing any contract for any other Trek games any time soon. Not enough demand.
Kadratis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9 2012, 03:48 PM   #5
SimpleLogic

Aside from the demand my main gripe has been with the content or more to the point the lack thereof. Most Star Trek games seem like they are missing something. To use Legacy as an example, it had all the captains sure, but the single player campaign was pretty lame. It wasn't till i found a mod that added more ships that I had real fun playing the skirmishes. The same goes for Starfleet Command. And I never really got into Bridge Commander even after hearing about how good it is.

My favorite game based on replay-ability was Star Trek Voyager Elite Force. I usually play through that once a year. It had enough of a good campaign story plus the fun Holomatches, sure it was just a quake ripoff but it was a fun one for me.
Old September 20 2012, 05:01 PM   #6
daedalus5

Not until a new Series comes out. Just not a big enough market for them these days. It's kinda depressing, as at work, I train a lot of 16 year olds who've never seen an episode of ANY series as its not on mainstream TV nowadays in the UK.
Old September 20 2012, 05:15 PM   #7
Delsaber
Commodore

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
There was the space combat game Star Trek Legacy a few years ago. Although I'm not sure it counts as "good"
Legacy was decent-if-unpolished on the 360 and a total mess on the PC, though I'm sure the community has cleaned it up by now.
Old September 21 2012, 05:49 PM   #8
Deks
Rear Admiral

tmosler wrote: View Post
Hi I was just watching star trek armada 2 gameplay videos online and am sorda depressed that they cant make any more star trek armada or bridge commander games. I just wanted to make this thread to see if any one thinks that if the next star trek movie, the rumored new star trek action tv show, and the new star trek video game are all successful then does anyone think the will make more good star trek games like this?
Space simulators aren't that easy to find, but ST Excalibur is going in that direction (its essentially a fan Bridge Commander sequel).

To top it off, the industry seems a lot more interested in mindless first person shooter type games (quite possibly the direction the new Star Trek game based on the movie in 2009 is going in, albeit it would be mindless third person shooter game based on Mass Effect 3).

Whatever happened to games such as TNG A Final Unity?

I really wouldn't mind a mass effect type Star Trek game, but including with a space combat simulator a la Bridge Commander, a BOTF type overview of the Galaxy (or at least Federation space - of course much more improved) - real problem solving scenarios, etc.
Old September 22 2012, 11:15 PM   #9
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

I'm surprised 25th Anniversary, Judgement Rites and A Final Unity haven't been made available for mobile devices yet. If 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites were remastered for them, it would be the perfect kind of game for that format, and a perfect opportunity to revisit these games. And maybe if they sell well enough we could eventually get the game that we never got: Secret of Vulcan Fury. Many older adventure games are now on mobile devices.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2012, 05:30 AM   #10
Mr_Homn
Captain

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
I'm surprised 25th Anniversary, Judgement Rites and A Final Unity haven't been made available for mobile devices yet. If 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites were remastered for them, it would be the perfect kind of game for that format, and a perfect opportunity to revisit these games. And maybe if they sell well enough we could eventually get the game that we never got: Secret of Vulcan Fury. Many older adventure games are now on mobile devices.
God that would be fucking awesome. Those three games are probably my favorite Trek games of all time. Bridge Commander is in the top 5 as well.
Old September 23 2012, 11:44 AM   #11
daedalus5

Posted by Mr_Homn[/QUOTE]

God that would be fucking awesome. Those three games are probably my favorite Trek games of all time. Bridge Commander is in the top 5 as well.[/QUOTE]

See here:

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.ph...ht=final+unity