RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,670
Members: 24,197
Currently online: 738
Newest member: Trek's Offender

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old September 22 2012, 05:50 PM   #46
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Re: College Football 2012

What the hell is up with the Pac 12 and what they're demanding for TV deals? They have 2 good teams and more mediocre teams than you can shake a stick at.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2012, 09:15 PM   #47
tighr
Commodore

bullethead wrote: View Post
And now I really hate the fact that my Xbox RROD'd, because their ESPN app would've let me watch everything on ESPN legally. Now I have to rely on crappy streams for games that aren't in my area
ESPN3.com isn't working for you? If you're a subscriber, you should get all the same things that the watchESPN app gets you.
Old September 22 2012, 09:25 PM   #48
Briquettes
Rear Admiral

That WVU-Maryland game was painful to watch. I'm glad Tavon Austin showed up to play, otherwise the Terps would have achieved a nice upset. I'm now extremely nervous about how things will go when the Mountaineers play Big 12 teams.
Briquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2012, 02:49 AM   #49
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

I really hope Clemson can hold off Florida, just so the dream ESPN matchup of USC/FSU in the title game will be a longshot this early in the season.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2012, 04:27 AM   #50
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
I really hope Clemson can hold off Florida, just so the dream ESPN matchup of USC/FSU in the title game will be a longshot this early in the season.
Diss my "Noles all you want but don't call us "Florida"....FSU all the damn time!
Old September 23 2012, 04:36 AM   #51
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

I meant to say Florida State, obviously.
Old September 23 2012, 04:40 AM   #52
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

I meant to say Florida State, obviously.
Old September 23 2012, 05:17 AM   #53
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

Okay, FSU is the real deal. I'll admit it.
Old September 23 2012, 05:23 AM   #54
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

That WVU-Maryland game was painful to watch. I'm glad Tavon Austin showed up to play, otherwise the Terps would have achieved a nice upset. I'm now extremely nervous about how things will go when the Mountaineers play Big 12 teams.
They don't have to worry much about the University of Oklahoma as tonight showed. Cripes, OU's offense is spectacularly mediocre. Chillax. West Virginia will be just fine, and you have OU in Morgantown.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old September 23 2012, 05:30 AM   #55
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

Okay, FSU is the real deal. I'll admit it.
Old September 24 2012, 03:17 PM   #56
B.J.
Rear Admiral

Well, crap. What do I have to do to get a consistent performance from GT? Maybe some of that voodoo from Major League? Or maybe just the Cerano actor out there to chase them around with a bat!
Old September 24 2012, 04:09 PM   #57
tighr
Commodore

B.J. wrote: View Post
Well, crap. What do I have to do to get a consistent performance from GT? Maybe some of that voodoo from Major League? Or maybe just the Cerano actor out there to chase them around with a bat!
He's too busy doing AllState commercials!
Old September 24 2012, 08:24 PM   #58
Briquettes
Rear Admiral

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
They don't have to worry much about the University of Oklahoma as tonight showed. Cripes, OU's offense is spectacularly mediocre. Chillax. West Virginia will be just fine, and you have OU in Morgantown.
If you think I need to relax, you should have seen the barrage of apoplectic posts on my facebook feed this weekend. I think the doomsaying stems from the fact that West Virginia has spent the last decade as the big fish in a little pond. OU's performance aside, the Big 12 is a much more competitive conference than the Big East.
Briquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2012, 04:23 AM   #59
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Oklahoma State is just about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in SPECTACULAR fashion on their own home field.

Oklahoma State has Texas on 4th and 6 deep in its own territory, holding on to a 2 point lead instead of a touchdown lead because OK State's star running back can't punch it into the endzone for the only time of the night.....and after three spectacular stops Oklahoma State's defense cannot hold and allows Texas's QB to escape tackle after tackle and launch a pass for a 25 yard gain. Texas scores 20 seconds later.

Oklahoma State's defense SUCKS donkey balls. You had the number 10 team in the nation on its knees and you cannot hold them on 4th and 6. The punchline? The replay clearly shows that the Texas runner had the ball pop loose before it crossed the plane of the goal line, but the refs didn't overturn it. The FOX news announcers agree that it should have been a fumble going back to Oklahoma State.

Too bad Oklahoma State's defense couldn't hold them deep on 4th and 6 to make it a moot point. This SUCKS!!!!!!!!! The Texas running back wasn't celebrating the touchdown. He knew he fumbled. His body language gave it away.

Geez Louise--if Oklahoma State had an average defense, or barely average, they'd have won. They had to start their backup QB JW Walsh becuase their starter dislocated his knee cap 2 weeks ago and couldn't practice. Walsh performed brilliantly. Teams would kill to have a backup QB as good as Walsh. And it all goes for nothing becuase the defense cannot tackle for shit. 36 points and 580+ yards of total offense for OK State and they still lose on their home field.

Sigh.

Last edited by Dorian Thompson; September 30 2012 at 04:40 AM.
Old October 1 2012, 10:31 PM   #60
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

Week 6 Upset Picks:

#10 Florida over #4 LSU. LSU has really struggled against bad football teams. Florida might win this one by a sizable margin.

Texas Tech over #17 Oklahoma. Texas Tech has been quietly taking care of business against lesser opponents, but they're about to run the gauntlet starting with this game. They could be fired up.