Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 31 2012, 01:55 PM   #16
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Re: Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

^ Wait, wut???

I so totally love the idea of a murder involving the actor of the old Firefly crew's captain, that would be completely insane and awesome I'm sure!

Also, as a hardcore Caskett shipper (seriously, I wouldn't watch the show otherwise ), they sure as hell better not walk back what happened at the end of last season!
Old August 31 2012, 09:37 PM   #17
Skywalker
Admiral

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Also, as a hardcore Caskett shipper (seriously, I wouldn't watch the show otherwise ), they sure as hell better not walk back what happened at the end of last season!
Ugh, I hope they don't do that either. That would be terrible. I don't think they will, though.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2012, 10:04 PM   #18
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I don't see why they would back out of Caskett (yeah... ) given that everyone connected with the show seems to realize how important that aspect of it is to the fandom. I have stated before many times, I'm pretty much like Kestrel, I would not probably have fallen in love with the show if it weren't for the Beckett and Castle relationship and how it has been written and acted!

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2012, 10:46 PM   #19
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Kestrel wrote: View Post
Ugh, I hope they don't do that either. That would be terrible. I don't think they will, though.
I don't think they actually will, just even teasing the possibility annoys me.
Old September 1 2012, 06:11 AM   #20
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Season 5 cast photos
Old September 1 2012, 07:06 AM   #21
Skywalker
Admiral

Nice.

But I really detest those group photos everyone does now where they (poorly) photoshop individual images onto a background.
Old September 1 2012, 07:16 AM   #22
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I love the entire cast pic.

Old September 1 2012, 04:53 PM   #23
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

I'm probably gonna have to go into Witness Protection for saying this, but Beckett's actually one of my least favorite characters on the show. I like Castle, Alexis, Martha, Ryan and Esposito more than I like Beckett.

I'm not saying I dislike Stana Katic's acting; I think she's fine. I'm just not really into Beckett that much.
Kill it! Kill it with Fire!

No problem.. everyone's entitled to their opinion. I find it only curious how someone can watch a show where they dislike one of the leads.

I once saw a talk show appearance by Stana where they talked about her heritage.. her parents are from the Balkans (in Europe.. Croats, Serbs, Bosnians) and he asked her to swear in that language.. and boy did she. They bleeped out the whole thing but being a Bosnian myself i could read lips pretty well and she really let loose

Cast pics are awesome.. as always. These ones too though my favorites are still the ones from season 4's The Blue Butterfly.. everyone in 1920's style and Stana looked especially gorgeous.

About them breaking up.. Marlowe is on record saying he will not do that because they think a relationship has enough potential for drama and fun and they want to exploit that to the fullest... couldn't agree more. He also said at one point that he considers Castle to be a love story first and not a cop show.. seems like Marlowe is a shipper too
Old September 1 2012, 08:27 PM   #24
Skywalker
Admiral

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
I'm probably gonna have to go into Witness Protection for saying this, but Beckett's actually one of my least favorite characters on the show. I like Castle, Alexis, Martha, Ryan and Esposito more than I like Beckett.

I'm not saying I dislike Stana Katic's acting; I think she's fine. I'm just not really into Beckett that much.
Kill it! Kill it with Fire!

No problem.. everyone's entitled to their opinion. I find it only curious how someone can watch a show where they dislike one of the leads.
I don't dislike Beckett, I'm just kinda...ambivalent about her, I guess. She has her moments, but for some reason she just never clicked with me the way most everyone else did.
Old September 1 2012, 09:15 PM   #25
Christopher
Writer

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
You can if you like the rest of the leads. I know I've certainly watched a number of shows that I liked overall but that included one particular actor or character that I just didn't care for.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2012, 10:01 PM   #26
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I actually didn't like Kate (I liked Stana) right off the bat. It took me a few episodes to understand her character and from that I started to like her.

Old September 3 2012, 02:47 AM   #27
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Holy sweet mother of pearl, that's Molly Quinn?
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2012, 06:11 AM   #28
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Yep. It's actually going to be interesting to see what they do with Alexis this season. I like the coroner internship they gave her and Laney would make a great mentor. I have a feeling we won't see that much of Alexis this season for some reason

Old September 3 2012, 01:23 PM   #29
{ Emilia }
Rear Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Yep. It's actually going to be interesting to see what they do with Alexis this season. I like the coroner internship they gave her and Laney would make a great mentor. I have a feeling we won't see that much of Alexis this season for some reason
I think Alexis is the only character I sort of lost interest in. It's going to be tough to keep her around conveniently given that she should be off to college and have a life.

Don't get me wrong. I think Molly Quinn does a great job and I really liked the dynamic between Castle and his daughter. But I think it's just a bit less interesting to me now that she's an adult.

Any thoughts on what will be the season's first scene?
I kinda expect them to just start with some action and maybe even do the "omg, what was that???? -------- fade to black -------- 48 hours earlier" thing.

But as a shipper I'd just like Castle and Beckett to have breakfast or wake up the next morning.
Also: I wanna see his mom's reaction. Will she be like "FINALLY!"? She definitely is a shipper, too after all.
{ Emilia } is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3 2012, 03:53 PM   #30
Christopher
Writer

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I have a feeling we won't see that much of Alexis this season for some reason
I think we may well see more of Alexis, because Molly Quinn is 18 now, so the child-labor laws that presumably restricted her screentime before no longer apply. And where they were taking her last season -- setting her up as Lanie's assistant, having her decide to attend college in NYC to stay with her family -- feels like they were preparing for the enlarged role that could result now that she's of age.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote