Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old September 8 2012, 08:44 PM   #1
Arpy
Rear Admiral

Has the Blood & Chrome miniseries aired yet?

Anyone know when it will?
Old September 8 2012, 08:52 PM   #2
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Re: Has the Blood & Chrome miniseries aired yet?

As far as I'm aware, the last confirmed news regarding Blood & Chrome was back in March - the pilot will not move forward as a television series but may still return to its web series roots. The pilot will supposedly on Syfy Channel "at a future date."
Old September 8 2012, 09:02 PM   #3
NrobbieC
Commander

That was a bad choice, trailer for B&C looked epic.
Old September 9 2012, 04:26 AM   #4
Arpy
Rear Admiral

Hell, I just want to see the pilot. Don't have my hopes up for web-based anything.
Old September 9 2012, 04:35 AM   #5
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral

View Rķu rķu, chķu's Twitter Profile

One would hope they'd show it somewhere - hate to have all that work go to waste!
Old September 9 2012, 04:40 AM   #6
Lord Garth
Captain

I wouldn't put it passed them to just break up the pilot into little mini-webisodes.

This is the same channel that essentially aired five seasons of Battlestar Galactica for the cost of producing four. Face it, Season "4.5" aired so much later that it was really Season 5. Likewise, Caprica was aired over two seasons for the price of one.
Old September 9 2012, 06:40 AM   #7
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Someone needs to acquire it and set it free.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 9 2012, 01:19 PM   #8
Mars
Captain

I think the SyFy channel has more important things like vampire shows to air, God forbid they ever have science fiction on the SyFy channel!
Old September 9 2012, 06:24 PM   #9
NrobbieC
Commander

Mars wrote: View Post
I think the SyFy channel has more important things like vampire shows to air, God forbid they ever have science fiction on the SyFy channel!
They do have Warehouse 13, that's like their only redeeming virtue.
Old September 16 2012, 07:13 AM   #10
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Warehouse 13 is hugely fun but it's not exactly sci fi

It's weird as someone who just came out of a BSG marathon and then watched Caprica to hear there was a pilot set in the same universe (with an awesome name) and it is NOT the biggest thing ever to be seen on tv. Why why why why.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old September 16 2012, 02:49 PM   #11
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice

teacake wrote: View Post
Warehouse 13 is hugely fun but it's not exactly sci fi

It's weird as someone who just came out of a BSG marathon and then watched Caprica to hear there was a pilot set in the same universe (with an awesome name) and it is NOT the biggest thing ever to be seen on tv. Why why why why.
Wrestling is cheaper and gets better ratings.
Old September 16 2012, 03:10 PM   #12
Wereghost
Part-time poltergeist

From the Wikipedia entry:

Syfy made an announcement on October 22, 2010, saying that a two-hour pilot was green-lit for production.[10] On February 10, 2011, Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome began principal photography in Vancouver, British Columbia.[11][10] During the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con, Syfy's president of original programming, Mark Stern, hinted to an uncertainty regarding which format the project was going to be released in, weighing the possibility of making it into an online series.[12] On February 18, 2012, Battlestar Galactica and Caprica composer Bear McCreary confirmed that he had finished scoring the two-hour pilot.[13]
On March 21, 2012, Deadline.com confirmed that Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome would not move forward in TV format but was still regarded as a candidate for a digital series.[14]
On July 12, 2012 however, an article written on the San Diego Comic Con Battlestar Panel stated that Richard Hatch and Jane Espenson are convinced that "Blood and Chrome is still on the table as a series for SyFy", and that "Bryan Singer’s BSG movie is on track".[15]
I think it's high time they got on with it and stopped stringing people along. Why the heck not air it as one of their TV movies and gauge the reaction?
Old September 16 2012, 07:53 PM   #13
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Because if the reaction is bad, it will make them look like fools for ever greenlighting the pilot.

And if the reaction is good, they'll be under pressure to greenlight a whole series, even if they would rather do wrestling or vampires or wrestling vampires.

That why networks never show backdoor pilots unless they've already decided they'd be willing to do a whole series, and the backdoor pilot ratings are just the last hurdle for the show to clear.

Otherwise, its a no-win situation for them. Presumably, SyFy has written B&C off at this point, otherwise they would have done something long before now.
Old September 16 2012, 08:01 PM   #14
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice

I'd like to know how SyFy is "stringing people along," anyway. They aren't even advertising this. It's most likely dead. They may burn it off on TV or online at some point, but that depends on whether they think it's polished enough to see the light of day. If not, it will just be embarrassing.
Old September 16 2012, 10:34 PM   #15
Wereghost
Part-time poltergeist

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Because if the reaction is bad, it will make them look like fools for ever greenlighting the pilot.
I din't know about that. I don't see why one of their cheap event movies can't just happen to be in the space opera genre. A little clever advertising of it as a standalone project should do the trick,unless of course the pilot as filmed is obviously jonesing to be a series.

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
I'd like to know how SyFy is "stringing people along," anyway.
From the wikipedia article, they appear to be equivocating to some extent. They should make it available in some form, even if it means just paroling it on the website prior to withdrawing the thing altogether.