Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old June 20 2014, 10:30 PM   #61
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

Re: ST:TNG Blu-ray Episode Guide Inserts - Season 1-5

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
dg1379 wrote: View Post
Is the stardate for Birthright part II correct? It seems way off to me.
Argh! You're absolutely right. Images and link fixed. That'll teach me to blindly copy CBS's artwork. In the future I'll check all the stardates! Thanks!
Oh, so there's a typo in the original? Whoops. 46579, not 46759.

Having the stardates listed like that has always felt superfluous to me. If I were to choose, I'd have the original airdate listed instead. The BD menus, of course, have both.
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2014, 08:04 AM   #62
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

I notice the 46579/46759 error is in the episode itself. Picard reads the wrong stardate, and the episode list keeps the error.
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2014, 07:47 AM   #63
depp91
Ensign

Thanks to Maxwell Everett for these beautiful inserts!!! I usually buy the German Blurays, so it's good to have inserts with the original episode names, the German ones are atrocious most of the time.

However, can you also provide them as PDFs with embedded text? Because the text always comes out a little blurred when it's printed from a pixel graphic.
depp91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2014, 09:32 AM   #64
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

depp91 wrote: View Post
Thanks to Maxwell Everett for these beautiful inserts!!! I usually buy the German Blurays, so it's good to have inserts with the original episode names, the German ones are atrocious most of the time.

However, can you also provide them as PDFs with embedded text? Because the text always comes out a little blurred when it's printed from a pixel graphic.
Thanks... the reason I didn't save as Photoshop PDF originally is because I am using faux bold and italic styles in certain areas that won't embed. Ironically, I've only printed out the first four seasons for myself and I got acceptable results with the RGB PNGs. I was basically just being lazy and settling for good enough!

But now that you bring it up, I realize that you're right and that I should really be presenting these as CMYK Photoshop PDFs with embedded text layers. So, I'll definitely do that, but I'll have to go in search of proper bold and italicized typefaces that will embed properly. Give me a few days as I have to find the fonts and fix all 14 PSDs.
Old July 8 2014, 10:14 AM   #65
Admiral Bear
Captain

As I mostly have the Italian copies with the Italian episode titles, I was wondering if getting Maxwell's existing inserts printed using professional equipment at a photography shop would yield better results.

Perhaps but two seasons next to each other in one image, and print on a 8"x6".

I suppose gloss or matt would be the only dilemma.
Admiral Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2014, 05:02 PM   #66
depp91
Ensign

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post

Thanks... the reason I didn't save as Photoshop PDF originally is because I am using faux bold and italic styles in certain areas that won't embed. Ironically, I've only printed out the first four seasons for myself and I got acceptable results with the RGB PNGs. I was basically just being lazy and settling for good enough!

But now that you bring it up, I realize that you're right and that I should really be presenting these as CMYK Photoshop PDFs with embedded text layers. So, I'll definitely do that, but I'll have to go in search of proper bold and italicized typefaces that will embed properly. Give me a few days as I have to find the fonts and fix all 14 PSDs.
Very appreciated, but please take your time! You've done an excellent job for us already
Old July 13 2014, 10:07 AM   #67
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

Re: ST:TNG Blu-ray Episode Guide Inserts - Season 1-6

Okay, per depp91's suggestion, I've saved all the inserts as Photoshop PDFs with embedded text and converted the color space to CMYK. I made some subtle alterations and even added an extra insert for seasons 1-4 so that each season now uniformly has three options to choose from (so, currently, there are 18 total inserts). See image below.

Bottom line, these should look better when printed (sharper text, better color). I printed out six of them anew on glossy Kodak photo paper (48 lb., 6.5 mil) on a new HP inkjet printer and they look very good. If anyone has any issues, just let me know.

Size is 58 MB:
TNG Inserts CMYK Seasons 1-6.zip

Old July 14 2014, 12:44 PM   #68
depp91
Ensign

Thank you very much for your effort, Maxwell Everett! These look great!!!
Old July 14 2014, 01:03 PM   #69
SPCTRE
BATMANBATMANBATMAN

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

Thank you very much for your effort, Maxwell Everett! These look great!!!
Seconded, your work is very much appreciated!
Old July 14 2014, 09:38 PM   #70
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

You're very welcome!
Old July 24 2014, 04:48 AM   #71
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

ST:TNG Blu-ray Episode Guides w/Loglines - Season 1-6

Here are my completed episode guides with loglines. They are CMYK, in Photoshop PDF format with embedded text. Each season has three styles to choose from:
  • Episode titles in light blue text against stars to match the previous inserts.
  • Episode titles in Blu-ray set colors, also against stars.
  • Episode titles in Blu-ray set colors with matching nebular background.
I recommend test printing in black & white first on normal paper to make sure you can properly see the logline text as it is very small and some may have difficulty reading.

Size is 48.5 MB:
TNG Episode Guides w/Loglines (S1-S6)

Old July 26 2014, 10:06 AM   #72
depp91
Ensign

Thank you, Maxwell Everett! Great work as always I haven't decided yet which version I like most, stars or nebula?
I will print them out as soon as I can. After revisiting TNG because of the HD remaster, I've become fairly well-informed about episode titles but these will be great as a memory trigger
Old September 6 2014, 02:32 PM   #73
extremedalek
Ensign

View extremedalek's Twitter Profile

These are fantastic. Many thanks for taking the time guys!
extremedalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2014, 06:01 AM   #74
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

Re: ST:TNG Blu-ray Episode Guide Inserts - Season 1-7

As the previous link will expire soon, here are my completed episode guides with loglines, with Season Seven included. They are CMYK, in Photoshop PDF format with embedded text. As before, each season has three styles to choose from.

Again, I recommend test printing in black & white first on normal paper to make sure you can properly see the logline text as it is very small and some may have difficulty reading. When you print, make sure your zoom is set to 100% and that it is not being scaled in any way. Printed size should be 4.75 x 5.75 inches.

Size is 57.7 MB:
TNG Episode Guides w/Loglines (S1-S7)

The download link will be active for 90 days. If you're reading this after January 20th, 2015 just PM me for a new link.