Nimoy Memories From Friends and Family
By: T'Bonz on Jul 1

Stewart: It’s in My Genes
By: T'Bonz on Jun 30

Star Trek Beyond
By: T'Bonz on Jun 30

Trek-themed Car Accessories
By: T'Bonz on Jun 29

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old June 18 2015, 09:46 PM   #1
YJAGG
Lieutenant Commander

ST Uncharted

Found this article on TrekMovie.com, not certain if this goes in Fan Productions or not (so Mods please move), but with all the Fan Films dropping Paramount's name - I thought it would be a good start.

I am reading the script now on www.startrekuncharted.com/

TrekMovie has learned that Michael Gummelt, owner of www.StarTrekUncharted.com (formerly www.StarTrekBeyond.com) and creator of the fan concept of the same name has been invited by Paramount to pitch his idea for a new Star Trek television series to the network, an unprecedented opportunity rarely (if ever) afforded to non-industry professionals. The concept, now titled Star Trek Uncharted, has been in the works for 20 years and takes place 30 years after the time of Captain Kirk and the original Enterprise.

http://trekmovie.com/2015/06/18/para...tch-tv-series/
YJAGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2015, 10:24 PM   #2
Karzak
Captain

Re: ST Uncharted

Good lord. That guy (Gummelt) sure likes to self-congratulate himself, doesn't he?

Is it possible that the suits at Paramount knew that they wanted the "Beyond" title and are just doing this to placate the guy? I don't for a minute believe they'd be interested in a 20-year old idea from a fan...

More importantly, I'd certainly take this story a little more seriously of Trekmovie had a better reputation for some of its news, and I'd love to hear from a source other than Gummelt himself to verify this. Otherwise it's just a lot of noise that will (most likely) go nowhere.
Old June 18 2015, 10:44 PM   #3
Maurice
Vice Admiral

View Maurice's Twitter Profile

Note he doesn't say whom he is meeting.
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2015, 11:20 PM   #4
HaplessCrewman
Commander

How much you want to bet we'll soon hear that the "meeting went very well" and that he "can't discuss any details".
Old June 19 2015, 12:43 AM   #5
Tom
Rear Admiral

Interesting...

Owner & Founder - TrekUnited.com & GalacticaBBS

Last edited by Tom; June 19 2015 at 03:59 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2015, 03:33 AM   #6
Red Omega
Lieutenant

Sources say Paramount wanted the URL to "Star Trek Beyond", the title of ST3, and so rather than suing for the title, which they own the rights to, they got it in exchange for a 15 minute meeting. Saves $ and time.
Red Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2015, 04:00 AM   #7
Tom
Rear Admiral

They would not sue they will just take it , they will notify the domain registrar of the trademark infringement and it will get transferred to them. I have seen big company's do it this way a few times. It's really a matter of PR by taking a fans domain that other fans know about. Would he be allowed to do a pitch and keep startrekbeyond.com we shall see..

Owner & Founder - TrekUnited.com & GalacticaBBS
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2015, 04:02 AM   #8
Karzak
Captain

Red Omega wrote: View Post
Sources say Paramount wanted the URL to "Star Trek Beyond", the title of ST3, and so rather than suing for the title, which they own the rights to, they got it in exchange for a 15 minute meeting. Saves $ and time.
Again. What "sources?"

Everything is heresay without attribution.
Old June 19 2015, 04:25 AM   #9
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

To be followed shortly by a Kickstarter, no doubt.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2015, 08:38 AM   #10
Red Omega
Lieutenant

Karzak wrote: View Post
Again. What "sources?"

You think I am going to name the people who pass on inside information just because you want to know?

You don't want to believe it, don't.
Old June 19 2015, 03:37 PM   #11
Karzak
Captain

Karzak wrote: View Post
Again. What "sources?"

You think I am going to name the people who pass on inside information just because you want to know?

You don't want to believe it, don't.
Of course not. Still, I don't know you friend. And Trek fans (in my experience) love to bloat their insider knowledge, so technically my point still stands - without any kind of confirmation or source, it's really just heresay.

That doesn't mean I don't believe you, it just means until I have a reason not to, I take it with a grain of salt.

No need to get testy. It's Friday!
Old June 19 2015, 05:04 PM   #12
Red Omega
Lieutenant

Indeed!

Yes, you should ALWAYS take things on the Internet with a hefty heaping of salt!

And I offered up what I know. I wouldn't post it if it was just a rumor to me. My sources are working with the parties involved.

That being said, it is a great story none the less, but less significant than I think it is being made out to be.
Old June 19 2015, 05:12 PM   #13
Karzak
Captain

Thanks for clarifying that, I was worried I might have upset you.
Old June 19 2015, 05:34 PM   #14
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

YJAGG wrote: View Post
I'm reading that, too. I've finished the first three acts, and I'm bored out of my mind.
Old June 19 2015, 05:57 PM   #15
Karzak
Captain

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
YJAGG wrote: View Post
I'm reading that, too. I've finished the first three acts, and I'm bored out of my mind.
"Adobe PDF version (with embedded music)"

GREEN LIGHT.