Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread

Old August 23 2012, 01:36 AM   #76
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: No News, No Nothing!!

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Are you being facetious, or do you honestly believe the script being available on the Internet before release of a movie is a good thing and should be standard operating procedure?
Well, I am exaggerating when I say the entire script should be online by now. That really isn't necessary.

But, the movie is coming out in less than a year. We should know something a bit more about it other than the villain will wear a black t-shirt. Hell, at this point with Trek XI we had the first posters recentally released.
Old August 23 2012, 02:25 AM   #77
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Are you being facetious, or do you honestly believe the script being available on the Internet before release of a movie is a good thing and should be standard operating procedure?
Well, I am exaggerating when I say the entire script should be online by now. That really isn't necessary.

But, the movie is coming out in less than a year. We should know something a bit more about it other than the villain will wear a black t-shirt. Hell, at this point with Trek XI we had the first posters recently released.
Well, yeah, obviously "Entire Script" was hyperbole, however, to me, that hyperbolic usage implies in ST09 You wanted to know that Spock Prime went back in time (And the circumstances surrounding the event) and that Romulus and Vulcan were both destroyed.

Now, I found out after seeing it, that much of that was already known in snippets on the Internet, and I'm glad I missed most of it (Aside from Leonard Nimoy Spock was traveling back in time). That is too much information for me, personally, to want to know ahead of time.

I have no problem knowing all his curves, the second time, but, the first time should be an exploratory adventure, IMHO, of course

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Old August 23 2012, 04:25 AM   #78
The Wormhole
Admiral

Admittedly, I'm something of a spoiler whore and I will gladly look over a detailed plot synopis for any show or movie not yet aired/released.

However, not having spoilers doesn't bother me too much provided I know something. I know of a few movies which aren't expected to be released until 2014 which have more facts established about them than Trek XII, like the villain's name.
Old August 23 2012, 04:57 AM   #79
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

^ I wouldn't let it get to you. I don't care whether they post spoilers or not. I'm happy with the set pics we already got, but I do agree about one thing, kind of. If they don't want to release any details about the villain, like the name, then they should stop parading Cumberbatch out to talk about his mysterious character and the movie, and they should stop making references to how well he did playing the role. It's kind of like saying "Hey, I have a secret. A really great secret. It's going to blow your mind when you find out. It's sooo good, but you have to wait a year to find out what it is." To me, that's not too cool, but it's easy to ignore it I guess. *Shrugs*
Old August 23 2012, 05:45 AM   #80
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

I think it sets them up for a lot of public let down when we find out the villain is Finnigan

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old August 23 2012, 01:56 PM   #81
The Wormhole
Admiral

Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
^ I wouldn't let it get to you. I don't care whether they post spoilers or not. I'm happy with the set pics we already got, but I do agree about one thing, kind of. If they don't want to release any details about the villain, like the name, then they should stop parading Cumberbatch out to talk about his mysterious character and the movie, and they should stop making references to how well he did playing the role. It's kind of like saying "Hey, I have a secret. A really great secret. It's going to blow your mind when you find out. It's sooo good, but you have to wait a year to find out what it is." To me, that's not too cool, but it's easy to ignore it I guess. *Shrugs*
Yeah, that's basically what gets to me. We constantly have Abrams and his cohorts in interviews going on "this movie is so awesome and epic and game changing and mind blowing and amazing. But we're not telling you anymore." Why bother to tell us even that much if yo're not going to deliver anything more concrete?

Oh well, soon enough there'll be a massive deluge of photos, clips and info, and then we're going to hear poeple bitching about "Now we know too much." The fun of the internet.
Old August 23 2012, 06:57 PM   #82
The Keeper
Commodore

My opinion on the lack of anything new is that, JJ is still pissed over the 'leaked' footage/stills/slips-of-tongues".

I doubt those video leaks were on purpose, and [probably] came very, very close to spoiling the whole film; if the videographer had had spoiler information regarding what s/he was filming then everything may have been ruined.

A lid has [probably] been clamped-down & warning given; any more unauthorized tomfoolery and heads will roll!

Bottom line, our sneak peek allotments has already been exceeded. At least for the time being...
Old August 23 2012, 11:04 PM   #83
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile

they should stop parading Cumberbatch out to talk about his mysterious character and the movie, and they should stop making references to how well he did playing the role.
And they have. When was the last new Cumberbatch-related interview or media release?

Happy now?
Old August 23 2012, 11:07 PM   #84
billcosby
Commodore

Agreed that the wait has been too long with no news, nothing.
Hell, we could have had another series run between these two films.

Old August 23 2012, 11:17 PM   #85
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
they should stop parading Cumberbatch out to talk about his mysterious character and the movie, and they should stop making references to how well he did playing the role.
And they have. When was the last new Cumberbatch-related interview or media release?

Happy now?
'

Hello, Therin.

That's why I said "kind of," because it hasn't been recent, but when they were going with it BOY were they going with it. So like you've said, maybe they got that memo or something. I don't know.

Happy now? I was happy to begin with.

---

@billcosby

Pudding pops! I love it!!
Old August 23 2012, 11:23 PM   #86
teacake
Admiral

No no, parade him more! We want to see!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old August 24 2012, 12:02 AM   #87
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

teacake wrote: View Post
No no, parade him more! We want to see!
Well if you want to see Cumberbatch, he was in a parade of another sort: http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv...iod-drama.html
Old August 24 2012, 01:35 AM   #88
teacake
Admiral

Heh, I must be the only woman in the world who doesn't think Cumberbatch is hot. I don't really want to look at him, but I do want to look at ST:XII teases. I'm quite amused at the way they keep dropping hints, backtracking etc..

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old August 24 2012, 01:53 AM   #89
FarStrider
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to FarStrider

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Yeah, that's basically what gets to me. We constantly have Abrams and his cohorts in interviews going on "this movie is so awesome and epic and game changing and mind blowing and amazing. But we're not telling you anymore." Why bother to tell us even that much if yo're not going to deliver anything more concrete?

Oh well, soon enough there'll be a massive deluge of photos, clips and info, and then we're going to hear poeple bitching about "Now we know too much." The fun of the internet.
So, what I'm reading here is that basically when they go on interviews about the other projects that they are involved with, and are asked about Star Trek, you guys want them to say "No comment." Because, you know. . .JJ Abrams is not parading anyone out to talk about any facet of Star Trek that I know of. . .

Star Trek is obviously one of the most anticipated films for next year: reporters keep asking the stars, writers, producers and director about it in the hopes of scooping each other with some fresh tidbit, even if it is something as silly as the fact that Cumberbatch's character is wearing leather for most of movie . . .

but really, the way summer blockbuster movie marketing generally works is that six months out from the premiere you will get the 1st trailer, then the first TV ad will be in the Superbowl. . .3 months out you will get the second trailer, and in the two months leading up to the premiere you'll get hit with almost nonstop television ads. So, you can expect the first trailer in November (and it won't be a teaser -- those are for franchises that have fizzled or are in need of a reboot in some way i.e. Superman).

Besides, the only people who are paying attention this early are uberfans who will go see the movie anyway. . . why would any respectable marketing team waste their advertising budget on us? They aren't. . . they are going to wait until holiday movie season, the Superbowl and then leading up to the Summer blockbuster season when general audiences pay attention to trailers for summer blockbuster type movies and get the most bang for their buck, and then they will use the summer blockbuster movies to advertise the Holiday movie fare.

That's the way the world turns. . . whinging about it on message boards won't change it. . .

~FS
Old August 24 2012, 01:54 AM   #90
teacake
Admiral

When is the Superbowl?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Closed Thread