RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,227
Posts: 5,405,672
Members: 24,761
Currently online: 521
Newest member: beakel001

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Time’s Orphan
By: Michelle on Aug 30

September-October Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Lee Passes
By: T'Bonz on Aug 29

Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Trek Big Bang Figures
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 11 2013, 04:40 AM   #1216
Tom Hendricks
Commodore
 
Tom Hendricks's Avatar
 
Location: Syracuse NY
View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

We're almost home, got the final approval for our Mortage tonight. What a difference a few years makes, when we bought our last house it was a cake walk to get the Mortage. This time we had to jump through hoops, provide way more documentation then before and it seamed to take forever. Now just the count down until we close on the new house, sometime around March 1st. Syracuse here we come!

The new house.
__________________
I am a child of the universe. I will walk gently and true

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 04:43 AM   #1217
cooleddie74
Fleet Admiral
 
cooleddie74's Avatar
 
Location: The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View cooleddie74's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Very nice pad! It looks nice, big and cozy. Good luck with the final details and enjoying the place!
__________________
Human instinct is pretty strong. You can't expect us to change overnight.

-Captain Jonathan Archer, 2151
cooleddie74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 05:49 AM   #1218
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral
 
auntiehill's Avatar
 
Location: geeksville
Re: PICTURE POST II!

DAMN, that's a nice house. Congrats!
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 05:29 PM   #1219
trekkiedane
Admiral
 
trekkiedane's Avatar
 
Location: I'll let you know when I get there.
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trekkiedane
Re: PICTURE POST II!

^It is, and it looks positively ginormous seen with eyes from another culture
__________________
I am trekkiedane and I wholeheartedly agree with this post.
trekkiedane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 05:38 PM   #1220
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral
 
thestrangequark's Avatar
 
Location: thestrangequark
Re: PICTURE POST II!

trekkiedane wrote: View Post
^It is, and it looks positively ginormous seen with eyes from another culture
It's ginormous to me and I live in the same state!
__________________
The Enterprise is my TARDIS.

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 05:45 PM   #1221
trekkiedane
Admiral
 
trekkiedane's Avatar
 
Location: I'll let you know when I get there.
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trekkiedane
Re: PICTURE POST II!

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
trekkiedane wrote: View Post
^It is, and it looks positively ginormous seen with eyes from another culture
It's ginormous to me and I live in the same state!
+ The front lawn is the size of a minor city-park here... makes me wonder about the size of the back garden!!!
__________________
I am trekkiedane and I wholeheartedly agree with this post.
trekkiedane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 05:46 PM   #1222
RevDMV
Rear Admiral
 
RevDMV's Avatar
 
Location: RevDMV in the Bay Area, CA
Re: PICTURE POST II!

That is a big house from someone who's been all over the US.

It does have the perfect look to go complete Griswold on for next Christmas...
__________________
Life is good
RevDMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 05:59 PM   #1223
Tom Hendricks
Commodore
 
Tom Hendricks's Avatar
 
Location: Syracuse NY
View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

trekkiedane wrote: View Post
thestrangequark wrote: View Post
trekkiedane wrote: View Post
^It is, and it looks positively ginormous seen with eyes from another culture
It's ginormous to me and I live in the same state!
+ The front lawn is the size of a minor city-park here... makes me wonder about the size of the back garden!!!
The whole lot size is 1 acre of land. It's a lot larger then I'm accustom to, however most of it is wooded and I plan on keeping that way. In fact I'm looking to add additional trees.

The house is a good size for our family. It's me and the wife, our three kids and my mother-in-law. We also plan on being in the house for a long time.
__________________
I am a child of the universe. I will walk gently and true

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 06:15 PM   #1224
bbailey861
Admiral
 
bbailey861's Avatar
 
Location: Kingston, ON
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
We're almost home, got the final approval for our Mortage tonight. What a difference a few years makes, when we bought our last house it was a cake walk to get the Mortage. This time we had to jump through hoops, provide way more documentation then before and it seamed to take forever. Now just the count down until we close on the new house, sometime around March 1st. Syracuse here we come!

The new house.
Good tree. Nice house.
bbailey861 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 07:24 PM   #1225
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral
 
Tora Ziyal's Avatar
 
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Very nice house, and reasonable for six people. What drives me crazy are the couples -- or even singles -- without children who live in McMansions. Such a waste! (BTW, I'm not calling your place a McMansion, TomHendricks. It's much too tasteful! )
Tora Ziyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 08:16 PM   #1226
Tom Hendricks
Commodore
 
Tom Hendricks's Avatar
 
Location: Syracuse NY
View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Tora Ziyal wrote: View Post
Very nice house, and reasonable for six people. What drives me crazy are the couples -- or even singles -- without children who live in McMansions. Such a waste! (BTW, I'm not calling your place a McMansion, TomHendricks. It's much too tasteful! )
We really did try to strike a balance between a house big enough for us to grow with but not so large that its a waste of space.
__________________
I am a child of the universe. I will walk gently and true

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 08:23 PM   #1227
trekkiedane
Admiral
 
trekkiedane's Avatar
 
Location: I'll let you know when I get there.
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trekkiedane
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
/.../ not so large that its a waste of space.
Well, one mans "waste of space" is another mans "cleaning nightmare"

Tom Hendricks wrote: View Post
The whole lot size is 1 acre of land. It's a lot larger then I'm accustom to, however most of it is wooded and I plan on keeping that way. In fact I'm looking to add additional trees.
That is so cool!

__________________
I am trekkiedane and I wholeheartedly agree with this post.
trekkiedane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 09:06 PM   #1228
Gary7
Rear Admiral
 
Gary7's Avatar
 
Location: Near Manhattan ··· in an alternate reality
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Well done, Tom.

I really like the layout of the property. I have a thing against long walks perpendicular to the street up to the front door. There's something so great about the large undivided front lawn that you get with a laterally placed walk for the front door. The only thing missing are a set of tall hedges at the edge of the road.
__________________
Remembering Ensign Mallory.
Gary7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2013, 04:06 AM   #1229
Tom Hendricks
Commodore
 
Tom Hendricks's Avatar
 
Location: Syracuse NY
View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Gary7 wrote: View Post
Well done, Tom.

I really like the layout of the property. I have a thing against long walks perpendicular to the street up to the front door. There's something so great about the large undivided front lawn that you get with a laterally placed walk for the front door. The only thing missing are a set of tall hedges at the edge of the road.
I agree, I dislike it when a walkway bisects a lawn. I prefer a meandering path that follows the house. I have big plans for both the front and back of the house. We're not allowed to put up a fence, against the covenants of the home owners association. Well you could ask for a waiver from the association but there has never been one granted since its inception. So there will be hedges and trees to try and rein in the kids.
__________________
I am a child of the universe. I will walk gently and true

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13 2013, 08:49 AM   #1230
TrickyDickie
Commodore
 
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Took this photo along the Oregon coast a few months ago. Interesting play of sunlight:

TrickyDickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.