Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old October 6 2012, 07:48 PM   #556
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: PICTURE POST II!

I know this last one is supposed to be
An Officer wrote: View Post
St Paul's in the afternoon light...
but it kind of works this way, too:

Pervers Ppre wrote: View Post
Heh heh.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2012, 11:06 PM   #557
Gingerbread Girl
Fleet Admiral

View Gingerbread Girl's Twitter Profile

macghoul wrote: View Post
The last photo looks like runner beans to me, not green beans. If they are green beans they're freaking huge. Everything from your mother's garden looks very tasty.

Mystery solved- you were right. They're red runner beans. Mom only planted a few.
Old October 7 2012, 02:37 AM   #558
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Do you eat the whole bean or just the pea inside?

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 03:38 AM   #559
Gingerbread Girl
Fleet Admiral

View Gingerbread Girl's Twitter Profile

Just the beans inside. The pods are too tough and bitter at that size. Although they might be tasty if you pick them young.
Old October 7 2012, 05:48 AM   #560
An Officer
Vice Admiral

M'Sharak wrote: View Post

If you mean was the photo originally taken upside down, I think it was, then I may have turned it the other way again after the fact... it was a while ago during that summer! Already missing that kind of light...
Old October 7 2012, 04:14 PM   #561
maclaus
Another bloomin' Christmas

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to maclaus

Kira's Mummy wrote: View Post
Just the beans inside. The pods are too tough and bitter at that size. Although they might be tasty if you pick them young.
From my experience with my husband's vegetable garden, there's a 0.2 millisecond window between the beans not being ripe for picking and the pods being too tough for my taste. My husband likes them, though, so I boil the living daylights out of the suckers (the beans, not my husband, at least not most days) and drown them in gravy.

Ever had broad beans? Very yummy.

High-quality, beautiful hand knit items in support of charity available at Neighbourworks - Close Knit Style. Check it out!
maclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 04:28 PM   #562
Ru ru, chu
Fleet Admiral

View Ru ru, chu's Twitter Profile

macghoul wrote: View Post
My husband likes them, though, so I boil the living daylights out of the suckers (the beans, not my husband, at least not most days)
Old October 7 2012, 07:44 PM   #563
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Heya! No, I added nothing - was just thinking that your "Out there... thataway" sig line somehow worked as a caption to your pic of St. Paul's because I still had it in mind as I clicked through the thumbnail to look at the full-size image. If that makes no sense, don't worry about it - my mind is a weird place sometimes.

If you mean was the photo originally taken upside down, I think it was, then I may have turned it the other way again after the fact... it was a while ago during that summer! Already missing that kind of light...
It didn't even occur to me that it might have been taken upside-down, but if that's what it took to get the shot, then the result obtained says it must have been the right approach. I like the light/shadow contrasts.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2012, 07:48 PM   #564
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Zombie Seeker wrote: View Post
Nice shots Officer!
Thank you, The Seeker! I see you're in New York these days... so cool! Good to see you and the family are well. Do you like it in Manhattan? I'd photograph that all day long!
So far Manhattan is pretty nice. I like that I haven't had to use a car yet. And I know what you mean about photo ops. I just wish I had the time!

So I went to get a bottle of wine for dinner tonight since we have a very special guest coming and this bottle caught my eye. It's like it was made for me and this occasion!

Old October 7 2012, 11:26 PM   #565
Snowy Roshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snowy Roshi

Dunno if I already posted it...

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Snowy Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2012, 12:40 AM   #566
An Officer
Vice Admiral

^Your facial hair and sideburns really go with the look!

Heya! No, I added nothing - was just thinking that your "Out there... thataway" sig line somehow worked as a caption to your pic of St. Paul's because I still had it in mind as I clicked through the thumbnail to look at the full-size image. If that makes no sense, don't worry about it - my mind is a weird place sometimes.
Oh! Receiving you loud and clear now... makes sense, absolutely! I think it was me rather than you, I was posting at a very odd hour, and I think the majority of my brain was already asleep!

It didn't even occur to me that it might have been taken upside-down, but if that's what it took to get the shot, then the result obtained says it must have been the right approach. I like the light/shadow contrasts.
My camera doesn't have a flip out screen, so I had to half lay on the steps, in an upside down position! I thought about whether to go for one with the rotating screen, but then I though that's for lazy people! ...but I would have payed the difference on that occasion!

So far Manhattan is pretty nice. I like that I haven't had to use a car yet. And I know what you mean about photo ops. I just wish I had the time!
Funny how the grass is always greener, isn't it... and I often long for the convenience of a car on the doorstep, but with parking what it is, total liability as things are!

So I went to get a bottle of wine for dinner tonight since we have a very special guest coming and this bottle caught my eye. It's like it was made for me and this occasion!

Is that for real!? Fantastic! And what a bright room that is! Or is your 50mm just that good? I would totally buy my handle if I saw it, even though I do not drink. I would display it! Did you buy another to keep?

My adventures yesterday along the canals... Autumn seems to be setting in already!

Full of "little" houses like this facing the water... I suppose there's a reason they call it Little Venice!

Old October 8 2012, 07:31 PM   #567
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Is that for real!? Fantastic! And what a bright room that is! Or is your 50mm just that good? I would totally buy my handle if I saw it, even though I do not drink. I would display it! Did you buy another to keep?
I did adjust the brightness a tiny bit but the room is pretty bright so it pretty much looked like this out of the camera. We have two big windows on two different walls which provide lots of good natural light. I really do love my 50mm.

I didn't actually buy a second bottle but the store I bought it from is just around the corner from my place so I can always get another!
Old October 8 2012, 07:48 PM   #568
Snowy Roshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snowy Roshi

^Your facial hair and sideburns really go with the look!
Grazie!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Snowy Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2012, 09:30 PM   #569
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

thestrangledcorpse wrote: View Post
Emher wrote: View Post
You're adorable! That's what you are!
Did you just quote "Boston Legal"? Or was it as a man with a paintbrush said, "a happy little accident"?
I've never seen Boston Legal!
Oh, it's an hilariously odd series. The combo of James Spader And William Shatner is...sublime, to say the least. In any case I was referring to recurring character on that show says stuff like "You're a hoot, that's what you are!" a lot
CorporealClegg wrote: View Post

Oh man, that is so insulting. I know you were trying to be nice and all, but that's just really insulting. If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all.
I think the piercings are wonderful.

It's her body and she can do with it whatever she pleases. It doesn't distract from her beauty at all.

When ever I see someone say something like that about a person's piercings/tattoos, I can't help to wonder if said person would be as quick to judge about another's choice of attire. "You'd be really beautiful if it wasn't for that sweater," for example.
It is just as ridiculous, but even worse, because there's the added sense of superiority and implication that the individual has damaged themselves. I've had similar responses about my tattoos here on the board (told that I "ruined" my body, etc, etc). I love my tatts, and so could give a flying fuck what other people think of them, but these kind of remarks are terribly rude.
Absolutely. And I don't understand the "ruined" argument in your case at all, seeing as your tattoos are very tasteful. At least the ones I've seen.
Old October 8 2012, 09:32 PM   #570
An Officer
Vice Admiral

Pervers Ppre wrote: View Post
Grazie!
Je vous en prie!

(Is that correct? Sounds a little formal!)

I really do love my 50mm.
Did you notice much difference when you upgraded your camera?

I didn't actually buy a second bottle but the store I bought it from is just around the corner from my place so I can always get another!
If it's tasty... you might end up having to replace it, right, because you "need one to keep"... hehe.