Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^I've always liked Dazzler as well.

I can also make out the names of several New Mutants-- Amara Aquilla (Magma), Guthrie (2) refering to Sam "Cannonball" Guthrie and his sister, Roberto DaCasta (Sunspot), X'han Coy Mahn aka Karma and Dani Moonstar. The only original New Mutant not represented is Rahne Sinclair/Wolvesbane. Dani Moonstar was actually in X2, but wound up on the cutting room floor. She can be seen in the deleted scenes.

Also "Cassidy (2)", refering to Sean Cassidy, the original Banshee and his daughter Teresa, originally "Siryn" but has taken the name Banshee for herself to honor her father.

Lila Cheney, Remy LeBeau, Artie Maddox and Kevin MacTaggert. Interesting. Moira has been in two movies, and yet no mention of Kevin/Proteus.

There are other names that I remember, but can't make out in the pic. There were folders for Alpha Flight, Franklin Richards and Project Wideawake as well as other Easter Eggs. Maybe I'll pop in the Blu-Ray when I get home get a better look.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

And Dazzler has made something of comeback with some relevance the last few years as a more recurring important character for some stories.

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

4. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

^ Looking forward to seeing them, Wanda in particular. I'm wondering how much Whedon will take from their Ultimate Universe versions in this case. :devil:

Regarding the mutant thing: Just make Loki or the Roman god Mercury their dad. End of.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

My only exposure to them in the comic is Wanda in Avengers: Disassembled, but I always look forward to new characters in theses movies.

6. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

How do you think Scarlet Witch's powers will translate to movies?

7. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

^ I always imagined her being shown in Vegas using her powers to win big.

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Depends on how much control she has over her power. In the "old days" a roulette wheel was just as likely to fly off it's axle and hit someone in the face as land on her number.

9. Captain Craig

If they stay in this draft and make it screen it seems they are going to tien Wanda and Pietro to the Inhumans.

No doubt as a way to expand their cosmic possibilities in the future(Phase 3?)

10. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Sure a little dose of Terrigen Mist and everyone gets a power. I hope they keep Pietro as a complete jerk and at least give him a dark blue or dark green outfit to wear.

11. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Avengers felt to me like Iron Man 3, it's all about Tony Stark (the movie basically starts with him, he is the only one whose love interest got carried into the film, it's all about his decision to join the team and finally be a team player, and eventually he saves the day). I wonder if Avengers 2 will have a similar focus.

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Wouldn't the Inhumans fall under the purview of the FF license?

13. Captain Craig

While true the Inhumans have been featured in many a FF story over the decades it seems they are not exclusively tied like SS&Galactus were.

I'd have to find the quote but Feige is the one who made the reference to tying QS&Wanda with the Inhumans so they must be different IP's/rights issues and Marvel Studios has them.

14. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Nikki Finke has a long write-up here at Deadline Hollywood about the financial negotiations going on with the various stars of the Marvel movies.

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Whoa, I can't believe Marvel is so damn cheap. Great to see that RDJ has stepped up to become the leader of the Avengers crew.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

They claimed the movie didn't break even until it reached $1.1 billion? Yeah, okay. :guffaw:

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

Strike 1- Terrance Howard
    Strike 2- Edward Norton

Do not make strike 3 Robert Downey Jr. Marvel.

Think of renegotiating with the "Avengers" as a video game

Avengers- Normal
    Avengers 2- Hard
    Avengers 3- INSANE

It's going to get to a point when Marvel can't wait to get rid of these actors because their pay rate is incomprehensible.

18. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

There are plenty of Avengers waiting in the wings. StarFox, Dr. Druid, Moondragon, Rage, The Forgotten One, Swordsman, and Triathalon to name but a few first stringers.

19. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

For some reason, no one ever remembers The Forgotten One.

Actually, he's the next-to-last member of the Avengers to appear. Only Thor shows up later in the film.

20. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Interesting piece, but 'twas ever thus. Hope they can negotiate a deal. But can't say I'd especially miss anyone, bar RDJ maybe. And even he's not irreplaceable.