RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 145,464
Members: 25,790
Currently online: 571
Newest member: magnoliamanor

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old November 17 2014, 10:24 PM   #1
Doctorwhovian
Captain

Jurassic World website opens

http://www.masraniglobal.com/index.html

Basically, a phony company website from the guys who now own the Ingen company (Ala Star Wars's Holonet News). Nevertheless, provides some interesting insight into the film's plot, such as a picture of returning B.D Wong as Henry Wu and the Amazing Spider-Man/Life Of Pi actor as Hammond's sucessor.

Also probably means a trailer is on the way. Also interesting is the Spinosaur skeleton, maybe it will be in the film again? (and perhaps an explanation for why it wasn't on Ingen's list as mentioned in JPIII dialogue?)
Doctorwhovian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

Re: Jurassic World website opens

teaser trailer, no joke
Old November 22 2014, 08:44 PM   #3
Doctorwhovian
Captain

The early trailers for the previous Jurassic Park films weren't much either. Neither the one for Jurassic Park or Jurassic Park III showed any footage from the film-JP was some miners digging up amber; and the JP3 trailer included on the JP/TLW DVDs was just a shot of a jungle.

Both movies didn't get the full trailers until fairly close to release (and the JP trailer was wise to not show much of the Dinosaurs).

TLW showed a bit more I think though.

Anyway, the water is more of a countdown teaser to the trailer which debuts on Thanksgiving (next Thursday).
Doctorwhovian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2014, 06:28 AM   #4
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

try this
Old November 24 2014, 08:26 AM   #5
Mage
Commodore

That did it for me, I geeked out. Teasers for teaser-trailers usually annoy the hell out of me, but this make me think they could actually pull it off.
Old November 24 2014, 01:31 PM   #6
Mr Light
Admiral

View Mr Light's Twitter Profile

I really, really, REALLY hope they release an official park map of the island showing where everything is. There's nothing I love more than theme park maps!
Old November 24 2014, 01:42 PM   #7
Beagleman
Fleet Captain

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I really, really, REALLY hope they release an official park map of the island showing where everything is. There's nothing I love more than theme park maps!
There already is an official one out there, I don't have a link right now, but try googleing it.
Beagleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2014, 02:02 PM   #8
Mr Light
Admiral

View Mr Light's Twitter Profile

Ah, I found it on google, but the image wasn't good enough to properly see it. But it didn't have the level of detail a real park map would have unfortunately.
Old November 25 2014, 01:15 AM   #9
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

I usually hate those "trailers for trailers" crap but that sent chills down my spine.
Old November 25 2014, 11:28 AM   #10
MacLeod
Admiral

So the obvious question is what could possible go wrong, with a park full of canivorous dinosaurs.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2014, 06:39 PM   #11
Argus Skyhawk
Commodore

Here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4

Last edited by Argus Skyhawk; November 25 2014 at 06:49 PM.
Argus Skyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2014, 06:42 PM   #12
indianatrekker26
Captain

I had an "eh" reaction to it. The visual effects actually looked more impressive in Jurassic Park back in 93 or whenever it came out. Seeing big dinosaurs now just isn't as impressive as it was back then. Now with the oversaturation of all the big heavy effects pictures now.
indianatrekker26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2014, 06:58 PM   #13
Argus Skyhawk
Commodore

I like sequels that continue and build on the story started by the original. I generally do NOT like sequels that repeat the story of the original, and that unfortunately seems to be what this is doing. It looks like it will be an exciting movie, but not one that went a direction I would have chosen.
Old November 25 2014, 07:06 PM   #14
M'rk, son of Mogh
Rear Admiral

An intelligent genetically engineered killing monster that the scientist didn't see anything bad occurring after its creation.

That's fresh and exciting.
M'rk, son of Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2014, 07:44 PM   #15
davejames
Vice Admiral

indianatrekker26 wrote: View Post
I had an "eh" reaction to it. The visual effects actually looked more impressive in Jurassic Park back in 93 or whenever it came out. Seeing big dinosaurs now just isn't as impressive as it was back then. Now with the oversaturation of all the big heavy effects pictures now.
Yeah unfortunately that's my reaction as well. By this point we've already seen every possible variation of giant CG creature on the big screen (from dinosaurs to dragons to trolls), so it's just hard to get that excited at the chance to see... even more of them.

And haven't they done the "super-intelligent" dinosaur thing in every movie so far? I guess this one's supposed to be even... more intelligent?
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote