RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,404
Members: 24,626
Currently online: 579
Newest member: space2050

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old August 14 2012, 02:35 AM   #76
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek Continues - First Vignette Released

First, I am a supporter of Star Trek Ajax and have found them to be a group of hard-working, honorable people who I support 100%.

Also, Todd Haberkorn is a good friend of mine and a great guy. I liked his Spock and know he will kill it. My only concern is why his tunic fit like crap when Vic's fit perfectly.

Alec
Loken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2012, 06:45 AM   #77
JimTheBuilder
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to JimTheBuilder

MarsWeeps wrote: View Post
JimTheBuilder wrote: View Post
Agreed on all points. What irked me was the, "So how is Ajax coming....or NOT? ". Aluding that we are accomplishing nothing...and laughing about it... I have very little patience for trolls...I know I should ignore them and not feed them...but this was a personal barb against our production and without merit.
I think you need to lighten up a bit. Obviously something "irked" you before I made the comment about Ajax because you called me a troll in your previous post. I could say the same thing...You "irked" me by calling me a troll so I made the comment about Ajax. Chicken or the egg?

If you look back on any of my posts about Ajax, you will see that I've had nothing but praise for what your team is doing. I've never knocked Ajax in the slightest. In fact, my only complaint was not getting enough info about how things were going. I even offered to post pics of the reconstruction if someone would email them to me.

I admit, some of my comments can appear to be snarky but a lot of times, my opinions don't translate well when I write them down. I intend to say things in a humorous way but it looks like I'm "trolling" - I guess people would have to know me personally to understand my sense of humor. Sometimes I shoot off a comment without thinking it through or wondering if anyone may be offended..that's just a personal fault.

I will make a better attempt to post constructive criticism instead of using "bozo" comments. I think the reason all of us are here is because we love all things Trek and should be on the same team.

So...apologies to those I've offended. I'll try to do better. Apologies to the Ajax team, my comment wasn't meant to be an attack, but I can see how it may have been interpreted as one.

I'm looking forward to all Fan Productions. TOS is my favorite series and I appreciate everyone keeping that time period alive through their work.
Accepted, 'nuf said.

"He's dead Jim. You get his phaser, I'll get his wallet."
JimTheBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14 2012, 07:36 PM   #78
Solarbaby
Fleet Captain

View Solarbaby's Twitter Profile

Wonderful recreation!!! This was well filmed, acted and looked spot on. The casting was a great choice. I didn't realise until I read the forum it was James Doohan's son playing Scotty. It was so spooky in a good way seeing him get the role so spot on. Gave me goose bumps.

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/STAR-TREK-Absolution/386331754783277?fref=ts[/URL]
Solarbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21 2012, 09:35 PM   #79
ssosmcin
Rear Admiral

I liked this a lot. It's good to see another perspective on this era of Trek. I echo the accolades for Chris Doohan: best Scotty since his dad last performed the role. It feels 100% natural. This cast will be interesting to see.

MarsWeeps wrote: View Post
Spock...an Asian Spock...really?
To be honest, that thought crossed my mind at first. But as soon as he started speaking, I thought his performance was excellent and closer to the character than recent fan interpretations.

Shame on me for the knee jerk reaction. Well, at least they don't have a Vulcan playing Sulu...
Old August 21 2012, 11:31 PM   #80
Captain Randy Hall
Commodore

Regarding the "Asian Spock," I think the choice of the actor was "fascinating" since he has something of an "alien" look, just as I thought Kirstie Alley looked more alien than Robin Curtis, even though I like them both.
Captain Randy Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2012, 12:32 AM   #81
wamdue
Admiral

having seen the Vignette, it looks very well made, and I "got used" to the actors quite quickly.

Chris Doohan unsurprisingly does great as does Vic, less sure about Chuck. Something about Wyatt I cant quite work out, but in a positive way.

The differnce between "old" and new, is not nearly as much as you might expect, and the cast and crew do the "old" justice, the new seeming very natural, and like it should always have been.

Looking at the Cast and Crew page, it all looks very professional, which shouldn't surprise me.

Over all very promising.