RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,724
Members: 24,210
Currently online: 937
Newest member: vagarcia74

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 5 2010, 04:01 PM   #1
23skidoo
Admiral

ReBoot complete series to DVD in 2011

Shout Factory has announced plans to issue the early CGI series ReBoot to DVD next year as a Complete Series set.

Although a few individual episodes/arcs had been issued to DVD a few years back, this is going to be the whole thing.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/ReB...e-Series/14499

I'm looking forward to this. Although it started out as something as a kiddie show, as it progressed the storylines got more complex and darker. I was particularly impressed when they devoted an entire season for a story arc that didn't even feature Bob or Dot Matrix, only Enzo and Andrea (and included great parodies of Star Trek and The Prisoner along the way).

I wonder if we can thank Tron 2 (and the inevitability of a Blu-Ray reissue of the original Tron) for ReBoot getting a reissue?

Alex
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2010, 04:37 PM   #2
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: ReBoot complete series to DVD in 2011

Wasn't there supposed to be a new Reboot project in development? I remember a teaser finding it's was onto the net about a year ago but nothing of substance since.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2010, 04:54 PM   #3
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Yeah. There were a couple of new projects in development. The first was in a form of a web comic that completed the cliffhanger from "My Two Bobs" and then there was supposed to be an entirely new film trilogy. There was even a teaser trailer released a couple years ago but there has been zero progress on the project as far as I've been able to tell.

This is great news. I'm a huge "Reboot" fan.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2010, 05:55 PM   #4
Lowdarzz
Captain

Finally. I watched this show during its initial run on ABC and during repeats when it was shown during the Toonami segment on Cartoon Network.

The 2nd season finale was fantastic.
Lowdarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2010, 08:19 PM   #5
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Admiral Young and I agree; this is awesome news!

Lowdarzz wrote: View Post
The 2nd season finale was fantastic.
Oh, man. I must have been ten or so when I first saw it on UPN, and it blew my mind. I was, all, what. the. f*** just happened?!?!
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5 2010, 08:57 PM   #6
Rarewolf
Rear Admiral

hurrah, a long as they can sort out a worldwide deal too.
Old October 5 2010, 10:38 PM   #7
scnj
Captain

Oh man. This was my favourite show as a kid. Can't wait to watch the whole thing again. Had to download since ITV (HTV at the time) only showed up to the Pirate two parter in season three before pulling the show.
scnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2010, 03:06 AM   #8
The Wormhole
Admiral

Oh yes! This show was awesome!
Old October 6 2010, 03:49 AM   #9
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

The end of season two and all of season three is my favorite season of the show.

Old October 6 2010, 04:17 AM   #10
The Wormhole
Admiral

^^Mine too. Especially the final arc of the third season in which they return to Mainframe and discover it conquered by Megabyte and fight to liberate it. The flashbacks depicting how Megabyte rose to power, the battle to re-take the Principal Office. When I was 12, I considered that to be the pinnacle of television. It's still within my top ten.

Though, I got to admit, I was a bit underwhelmed with the telemovies/fourth season. Of course, it's possible it's one of those things where my hopes were so high, I was setting myself up to be disappointed. However, they did seem self-indulgent and constantly pulling everything from the show's past felt like they wanted to show off how far the CGI had come since the early years. Still fun to watch though.
Old October 6 2010, 01:03 PM   #11
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

scnj wrote: View Post
Oh man. This was my favourite show as a kid. Can't wait to watch the whole thing again. Had to download since ITV (HTV at the time) only showed up to the Pirate two parter in season three before pulling the show.
Same here - in fact I only saw anything past 3.3.1 two years ago when I remembered the show and Youtubed it. Absolute quality. To this day "The ABCs! They've turned on us!" "Treacherous dogs!" remains a favourite quote amongst my friends.

From the Power Rangers parody episode onwards the show was superb. Up there with Beast Wars for my favourite 90s shows.
Old October 6 2010, 03:32 PM   #12
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Loved the first and last 4-ep S3 arcs, but I thought the middle ones were pretty lame, especially the Web episodes. Never bothered to Netflix S4. (And who's that new guy voicing Bob?!)

Oh, man: anyone remember the first season funhouse/evil clown ep? Now, that was some freaky s***!

Oh, and "High Code"... that was awesome... So many memories... can't wait! Also, here's hoping they include the footage from the PS1 game...

Now, if they'd just release seasons 3 and 4 of Early Edition and the last season of The Practice, I'd be all set!
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2010, 04:32 PM   #13
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I didn't mind "Daemon Rising" the first half of "season four" (YTV in Canada aired both Daemon Rising and My Two Bobs as separate TV movies) but felt that parts of "My Two Bobs" felt short and felt a bit cheated by the cliffhanger ending even though I understood it.

Old October 7 2010, 05:38 AM   #14
Technobuilder
Commodore

The OP just made my day.

ReBoot: The Complete Series on DVD!

Stay Frosty!
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2010, 01:03 PM   #15
23skidoo
Admiral

Technobuilder wrote: View Post
The OP just made my day.

ReBoot: The Complete Series on DVD!

Stay Frosty!
My pleasure - Shout Factory comes through again!

Rarewolf wrote: View Post
hurrah, a long as they can sort out a worldwide deal too.
There is a reference to "Digital Distribution" which might mean downloads, so that could be it. Not the same as having a full-out DVD release, though.

How is Shout Factory for releases outside North America - or do they turn up?

Alex
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote