Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 23 2013, 09:20 PM   #841
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

That Quicksilver link just takes me back to the BBS homepage.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 09:27 PM   #842
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

God Damn It.Go to Newsarama
Old May 23 2013, 09:39 PM   #843
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

^^^^^
Gotcha, this one?

Newsarama piece

The way he phrases the tweet, we can speculate there could have been an agreement made, that Fox would get to use Quicksilver as a younger character, perhaps in the past scenes, while Marvel Studios could use an older, more adult version of the character. Due to their unique nature, however, it is possible the same actors could play these two characters in both franchises - just without any direct reference to the other in the film. The late addition, X-Men Days of Future Past is on its fourth day of filming, is notable as well.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 09:43 PM   #844
Ethros
Vice Admiral

Whoa, please please please let this be the case (same actor for the role in Avengers too I mean)
Plus as a big fan of American Horror Story I'm pleased with the casting
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 09:57 PM   #845
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
^^^^^
Gotcha, this one?

Newsarama piece
Yes, thank you. And the original link should be fixed.
Old May 23 2013, 10:14 PM   #846
Evil Headhunter
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Evil Headhunter Send a message via AIM to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Headhunter

Interesting development indeed. It would be very cool if Evan Peters plays Quicksilver in both Days of Future Past and The Avengers 2, even if there's no direct reference to each other.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Evil Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 10:53 PM   #847
Xavier_Storma
Lieutenant Commander

Great. This is going to be awesome... I mean look at the lineup. There has never in history of film ever... been a film with such a cast.
X-MEN DAYS OF THE FUTUE PAST will be huge... and I mean it...
Old May 23 2013, 11:01 PM   #848
Nagisa Furukawa
Commander

Feige has confirmed there's this grey legal area where either CAN use them, he's also implied that it's a sort of first-come-first-served-and-keeps-them situation.

Now, after Whedon and Marvel's feelings being known on this subject for the past few weeks, the director of X-Men: Days of Future Past, a film that has already been shooting for a while, suddenly announces Quicksilver has been cast and will be in it.

About this "Maybe Whedon'll have the older version," Marvel's current model for Scarlet Witch is the 19-year old Saoirse Ronan, who said earlier today that she'd love to do it. Marvel's looking for British/European actors for the role. Evan Peters is 26 and American.

I'd LOVE to believe this is some sort of shared universe/both studios collaborating thing... but the much bigger cynic in me says that this is Fox preempting Marvel just because they can. That Singer's "Before he was an #Avenger" comment was not a hint at things to come, but a pithy remark. That while Whedon, who has expressed nostalgia for reading about the Maximoffs as well as wanting to make things "harder" for the Avengers by introducing characters who may not see eye to eye with them, genuinely seems to have crucial roles for them, Quicksilver's appearance in DoFP will be another pointless cameo in a film gorged on characters, probably getting one action sequence showing his power, nothing characterization wise. And Whedon may not get to use them at all just so Fox can spite them over a character they don't give a fuck about anyway.

Sounds exactly like Fox to me. And if he can't use 'em, I really, really feel bad for Whedon, who's seemed genuinely excited about their role in TA2.
Old May 23 2013, 11:02 PM   #849
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

It will be interesting if the characters are in both movies, but the guy they got for Quicksilver...doesn't look like a good Quicksilver. Even if they dyed his hair white and put him in a costume, he still wouldn't look much like Quicksilver. Hopefully if him and Scarlet Witch show up in Avengers 2 they'll have actors that look a bit more like the characters (something all the Marvel made movies have done fairly well).
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 11:02 PM   #850
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Well Joss can't state the word mutant or refer to Pietro and Wanda's parentage in "Avengers 2" so it wouldn't be exactly the same as a shared universe. They'd just be using the same actors.

This is fascinating indeed.

Saorise Ronan briefly addresses the Scarlet Witch rumours.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=104696

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; May 23 2013 at 11:12 PM.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 11:18 PM   #851
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

This is starting to look more and more like inter-studio warfare than any kind of cooperative venture.
Old May 23 2013, 11:40 PM   #852
Dream
Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Well Joss can't state the word mutant or refer to Pietro and Wanda's parentage in "Avengers 2" so it wouldn't be exactly the same as a shared universe. They'd just be using the same actors.
Yeah, well Singer can't refer to the Avengers or use any of the characters from the MCU! Take that!
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 11:43 PM   #853
Davros
Fleet Admiral

Reverend wrote: View Post
Venardhi wrote: View Post
I don't particularly care for that particular aspect of her character. Mystique isn't a rebellious child who does things out of spite. Why shouldn't she revel in her mutant-ness and explore the vast potential of her powers? It makes her seem like she thinks she has something to prove "Yeah, I walk around naked, whatcha gonna do about it HUMAN?".

Meh.
It's not spite, it's pride. But yeah, what *are* you gonna do about it HOMOSAPIEN!
Mutant supremacy is the future!
Old May 23 2013, 11:44 PM   #854
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

I'd be fine with QS and SW being in avengers but not called mutants. Honestly, I'd like to see Marvel get the rights back to the X-Men. I do like First Class and I'm excited for DOFP, but I'd still like Marvel to get the rights back.

I've always wondered, do Fox have the rights to X-Men forever, as long as they keep making movies? That sounds really stupid, but its the feeling I've gotten from reading stuff like this.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2013, 11:53 PM   #855
Dream
Admiral

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
I've always wondered, do Fox have the rights to X-Men forever, as long as they keep making movies? That sounds really stupid, but its the feeling I've gotten from reading stuff like this.
Yes, it's a really shitty deal. But it was Marvel that was stupid enough at the time to make it. Thankfully they have clauses that makes rights revert if the studio that they sold it too doesn't make movies. That's why certain film rights to certain characters like Iron Man, Thor, and Daredevil have reverted back to them over the years.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote