X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

It was going to be Logan, but then Bishop allied with him and Forge, and they decided Logan was too old for it as he could barely take on Bishop, nevermind an X-Man from the past.

Those last 3 episodes of X-Men TAS season 1 are just awesome

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

You're gonna have to change your signature from "Ignoring...." to "rewriting..."

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I though he didn't go because he was holding off Nimrod....

who after killing Logan apparently ignores Forge and goes back in time leaving Forge to skin Logan's corpse and stick his skeleton in a big glass tube for some reason which kind of makes all the scenes set in Bishop's future kind of disturbing from that point since Logan's skeleton is always in view. :wtf:

Seriously why the f@#k did Forge to do that and what the hell was wrong with that guy?

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It's been years since I watched the series, but I think there *was* a time travel episode that involved a future Wolverine & Storm (plus mohawk!) went back into the past to meet young Xavier. Maybe that's where the confusion originates?

6. Ethros

Well he does hold off Nimrod, but they more send Bishop as his youth is more of an asset
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0sFhhyWs7g
    from about 6:00 onwards

I wouldn't say Forge 'skinned' him, more like the Sentinels blew all his flesh off, like in the comic, leaving only his adamantium skeleton behind. Why Forge put it in a big glass tube, I don't know... nice ornament?

Yeah that was a different, yet similar set up, 2-parter. "One Man's Worth" incoporating elements of the 'Age of Apocalypse' comics

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Maybe he's hoping a few stray cells are still viable and will regenerate his whole body in time? ;)

8. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Speaking of which is it just me or does Magneto look more badass with the beard?

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just thought of a major point against Kitty being the time traveller, if they go back into their own body. Assuming Kitty is the same age as Ellen Page, or at least close to it, she would have no body to go back into. Ellen Page was born in 1987.

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

oddly enough in the Days of Future Past story in the comics, future Logan was going grey and wrinkly. Ah, the days before SuperLogan.

11. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Obviously that is just because he he had become so badass by that time that he hadn't been injured in years and his regenerative abilities had become dormant. . . or something.

12. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Well, that's an easily ignorable feature of X-Men time travel. Just have her go back without entering her old body.

My hope is that it is not Wolverine who goes back for two reasons. One, he has his own movies where he's the star, so he doesn't need to be the star of this one. And, two, he has a pretty famous death scene in the comics and it would be nice to see that on the big screen.

I could easily see him dying in the future and then he gets seen in the past and recruited to help. The only issues are ones of him joining the X-Men too early, but that's relatively fixable since he hasn't lost his memory yet (assuming that everything isn't getting rewritten anyway).

13. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, do we know he won't be at least partly grey and wrinkly due to after-effects of his treatment in The Wolverine? I agree it'd be more effective if he came back from the future looking a bit worse for the wear...

14. Admiral_Young

15. Ethros

I almost get the feeling by the time this movie comes out we could piece the entire thing together via these tweet pictures

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I've been amazed just how much he's been showing. After the first couple I figured we'd be getting a few little vague pics of sets and props, and maybe some BTS shots of the actors, I did not expect him to tweets pics of them actually shooting scenes.

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

He sure as hell isn't JJ Abrams, that's for sure. :lol:

18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

19. Admiral_Young

Yeah, I'm really thinking now that Dinklage is Larry Trask given the character's connection to both Pietro and Alex. Or a tweaked version of both Trasks?

20. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

:brickwall:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013