Two Trek Actors In Green Room
By: T'Bonz on Oct 30

Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread

Old November 29 2012, 05:17 PM   #541
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

^Raiders, Chiefs, Titans all might be in the mix for some new bodies at the QB position. Of course Smith will get killed behind those lines but the money should be good.
Old November 29 2012, 05:24 PM   #542
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

I could see the Eagles as interested as well, depending on how that feel about Nick Foles.
Old November 29 2012, 09:29 PM   #543
Neroon
Mod of balance

What if Smith went to Cleveland, where the rookie starter is just as hold as he is?
Old November 30 2012, 06:23 AM   #544
tighr
Commodore

Wow, Drew Brees. Just wow.

Well, I was hoping to secure the first round bye in my fantasy football league, but after a shitshow like that one, looks like I'll need a stellar effort from the rest of my team. Luckily, I've already clinched a playoff spot, but wow. Just wow.
Old November 30 2012, 08:05 AM   #545
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

It might be a bit soon to be calling the rest of the season for Kaepernick. He could very well crash and burn in the next few weeks. As a Niners fan (and who has been oft-frustrated by Smith's more timid game) I certainly hope he doesn't, but Smith has proven to be solid (if not impressive) enough that they may think twice if Kaepernick struggles in the next game or two.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Old December 1 2012, 01:01 PM   #546
chrisspringob
Commodore

Playoff scenario generator returns:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario
Old December 1 2012, 01:15 PM   #547
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

^This is the one year where the playoff simulator is mostly irrelevant.

The AFC is basically set other than the final wild card, which I assume will be Pittsburgh if Roethlisberger comes back anytime soon. (New England, Baltimore, Houston, and Denver are pretty much sure fire bets.)

The NFC is a bit muddier, but you can pretty much lock in Atlanta, Chicago, and San Fran. I'd hedge my bets on the Giants and Green Bay, and then a drunken cat fight between Dallas, Washington, Seattle, and Tampa for the last spot.
Old December 1 2012, 05:59 PM   #548
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

KCPD confirms that Jovan Belcher murdered his girlfriend and then killed himself at the team practice facility -- in front of coaches and teammates.

Cancel that game, NFL. C'mon.

Last edited by Timby; December 1 2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Stupid tablet keyboard.
Old December 1 2012, 06:04 PM   #549
Let the Good Times Roll!!

Timby wrote: View Post
KCPD confirms that Javon Belcher murdered his girlfriend and then killed himself at the team practice facility -- in front of coaches and teammates.

What a terrible thing...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...1891--nfl.html

Unreal. Yes that game should be cancelled.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old December 1 2012, 06:25 PM   #550
tighr
Commodore

SmoothieX wrote: View Post
^This is the one year where the playoff simulator is mostly irrelevant.

The AFC is basically set other than the final wild card, which I assume will be Pittsburgh if Roethlisberger comes back anytime soon. (New England, Baltimore, Houston, and Denver are pretty much sure fire bets.)
I played with the simulator a bit, and I noticed something that none of the commentators seem to be pointing out. Everyone has New England locked into the #2 seed, but if Houston beats them they potentially drop to #3 or even #4 based on how Denver and Baltimore play out. That's based on a single loss, btw.
Old December 1 2012, 07:19 PM   #551
Gloomy Giver
Rear Admiral

1001001 wrote: View Post
Timby wrote: View Post
KCPD confirms that Javon Belcher murdered his girlfriend and then killed himself at the team practice facility -- in front of coaches and teammates.

What a terrible thing...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...1891--nfl.html

Unreal. Yes that game should be cancelled.
Feel sad that their 3 month old baby will never know his/her parents, other that this tragic footnote in history.
Old December 1 2012, 09:04 PM   #552
Caligula
Vice Admiral

Holy crap. I hate that my first thought, when the story first broke, was "I hope it wasn't one of the former UT players on the team." This is incredibly tragic. I also didn't know there was a 3 month old left behind in the wake of all this. Yeah, how in the hell can there possibly be a game tomorrow? How can anyone in the KC franchise possibly be ready to carry on? And their season was already miserable just from a win/loss standpoint....
Old December 1 2012, 10:26 PM   #553
WalkerBait
Trekker4747

Tragic thing. All reports are saying that the game WILL be played tomorrow. I've no idea how that's even conceivable considering the coach and players who saw Belcher commit suicide. I mean, I think you'd need more than a day or so to get over that. I'm sure postponing the game would mess a lot of things up in scheduling and such but, come on, these are dire circumstances. I think it calls for it.
Old December 1 2012, 10:33 PM   #554
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

They're certainly strange circumstances that make it awkward to force players to play in what will amount to an utterly meaningless game. But I'm not sure if there's a better alternative. Maybe they'd prefer the distraction, I don't know.
Old December 1 2012, 11:32 PM   #555
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

Very unfortunate what's happened.... you can't help but wonder what would drive someone to do somethign like that.

As for the game, the decision to move forward was actually the Chiefs' call. According to Yahoo, Crennel and the team captains discussed it and decided to go ahead with the game.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
Closed Thread