RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,775
Posts: 5,216,955
Members: 24,216
Currently online: 743
Newest member: momogila

TrekToday headlines

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old July 25 2012, 08:46 PM   #31
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

gblews wrote: View Post
Because, no doubt, she knew he was married.

Now, if she didn't know he was married, the gracious thing to do would be to state that, offer an apology, and let the wife know that had she (Stewart) known he was married, she would not have done it. But she likely can't do this because SHE KNEW HE WAS MARRIED.
I heard reports that the director's two kids came on set while he was filming Snow White and Kristen played with them. Sickening.
__________________
=)
Dream is offline  
Old July 25 2012, 08:47 PM   #32
Sci
Admiral
 
Sci's Avatar
 
Location: State of Maryland/District of Columbia
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

Dream wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post
Because, no doubt, she knew he was married.

Now, if she didn't know he was married, the gracious thing to do would be to state that, offer an apology, and let the wife know that had she (Stewart) known he was married, she would not have done it. But she likely can't do this because SHE KNEW HE WAS MARRIED.
I heard reports that the director's two kids came on set while he was filming Snow White and Kristen played with them. Sickening.
Did this alleged event happen before or after their affair began?
__________________
This dream must end, this world must know:
We all depend on the beast below.
Sci is offline  
Old July 25 2012, 08:48 PM   #33
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef
 
Robert Maxwell's Avatar
 
Location: Right behind you!
View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

gblews wrote: View Post
DonIago wrote: View Post
Why should she owe the wife and kids an apology?
{ Emilia } wrote: View Post
I'm not sure why she should be apologizing to his family.
Because, no doubt, she knew he was married.

Now, if she didn't know he was married, the gracious thing to do would be to state that, offer an apology, and let the wife know that had she (Stewart) known he was married, she would not have done it. But she likely can't do this because SHE KNEW HE WAS MARRIED.
Why is it the guy gets a pass on this shit?

A married man cheats on his wife. The mistress is a "homewrecker." What's the man? Well, just a man. They can't help it. Fucking around is what they do, I guess.
__________________
"Holy shit! It's Beef Supreme!"
The Journeyman - Buy it now! Maybe?
My world simulation project!
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline  
Old July 25 2012, 08:50 PM   #34
Sci
Admiral
 
Sci's Avatar
 
Location: State of Maryland/District of Columbia
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post
DonIago wrote: View Post
Why should she owe the wife and kids an apology?
{ Emilia } wrote: View Post
I'm not sure why she should be apologizing to his family.
Because, no doubt, she knew he was married.

Now, if she didn't know he was married, the gracious thing to do would be to state that, offer an apology, and let the wife know that had she (Stewart) known he was married, she would not have done it. But she likely can't do this because SHE KNEW HE WAS MARRIED.
Why is it the guy gets a pass on this shit?

A married man cheats on his wife. The mistress is a "homewrecker." What's the man? Well, just a man. They can't help it. Fucking around is what they do, I guess.
Because in our society, it's okay for men to cheat and unforgivable for women to cheat. After all, if it becomes okay for women to cheat, that undermines male power.

It's sexism, pure and simple.
__________________
This dream must end, this world must know:
We all depend on the beast below.
Sci is offline  
Old July 25 2012, 08:50 PM   #35
{ Emilia }
Rear Admiral
 
{ Emilia }'s Avatar
 
Location: L'Europe
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

Why did the guy not apologize to Robert Pattinson?

Such a fake apology. He knew she was in a relationship. And a partner isn't any less of a human being just because you're not married to them. It hurts as much.







(ETA: I'm obviously being sarcastic. He doesn't owe Pattinson an apology, just like she doesn't owe his family an apology. People are responsible for their own actions in a relationship.)
__________________
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Last edited by { Emilia }; July 25 2012 at 09:06 PM.
{ Emilia } is offline  
Old July 25 2012, 08:51 PM   #36
gblews
Rear Admiral
 
gblews's Avatar
 
Location: So. Cal.
View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

{ Emilia } wrote: View Post
Somehow I found Sci's reply a lot more convincing.
If your post is directed at my response to your (and the other poster's) question about why the need for an apology to the director's family, Sci is replying to a completly different issue.

If you're responding to something else -- nevermind.
__________________
Duckman: I'll never forget the last thing my father said to me...
Cornfed: "Careful son, I don't think the safety's on"?
Duckman: BEFORE THAT!!!
gblews is offline  
Old July 25 2012, 08:54 PM   #37
Sci
Admiral
 
Sci's Avatar
 
Location: State of Maryland/District of Columbia
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

gblews wrote: View Post
{ Emilia } wrote: View Post
Somehow I found Sci's reply a lot more convincing.
If your post is directed at my response to your (and the other poster's) question about why the need for an apology to the director's family, Sci is replying to a completly different issue.
No, I'm not. The idea that a woman who has an affair with a married man has some sort of special moral obligation to the man's wife is an idea that exists solely to justify the scorn heaped upon women who stray, and to justify not heaping that scorn on the person who actually made a promise of monogamy to the wife. I am debunking that idea and explaining the real ideological roots of the antipathy being expressed towards Stewart.
__________________
This dream must end, this world must know:
We all depend on the beast below.
Sci is offline  
Old July 25 2012, 08:55 PM   #38
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef
 
Robert Maxwell's Avatar
 
Location: Right behind you!
View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

Sci wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post


Because, no doubt, she knew he was married.

Now, if she didn't know he was married, the gracious thing to do would be to state that, offer an apology, and let the wife know that had she (Stewart) known he was married, she would not have done it. But she likely can't do this because SHE KNEW HE WAS MARRIED.
Why is it the guy gets a pass on this shit?

A married man cheats on his wife. The mistress is a "homewrecker." What's the man? Well, just a man. They can't help it. Fucking around is what they do, I guess.
Because in our society, it's okay for men to cheat and unforgivable for women to cheat. After all, if it becomes okay for women to cheat, that undermines male power.

It's sexism, pure and simple.
So true.

The prevailing attitude in our culture is that men aren't responsible for their sexual behavior. So, if a relationship is broken up on account of cheating, that's obviously a woman's fault: either the wife for not giving it up enough, or the mistress for being willing to spread her legs.
__________________
"Holy shit! It's Beef Supreme!"
The Journeyman - Buy it now! Maybe?
My world simulation project!
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline  
Old July 25 2012, 08:57 PM   #39
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

Sci wrote: View Post
I am debunking that idea and explaining the real ideological roots of the antipathy being expressed towards Stewart.
People are focusing on Stewart because she is one of the biggest female movie stars right now.

There is not much focus on Sanders because Snow White was his first big movie and before he had mainly done commercials. People barely know anything about him.
__________________
=)
Dream is offline  
Old July 25 2012, 08:58 PM   #40
{ Emilia }
Rear Admiral
 
{ Emilia }'s Avatar
 
Location: L'Europe
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

Dream, any chance you'll address these?

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Dream wrote: View Post
Now this guy knows how to do statements. Nice and simple. Still a jerk for doing this though.
So I'm curious, what makes Stewart's statement sound "fake" and Sanders' "nice and simple?"
and

{ Emilia } wrote: View Post
Why did the guy not apologize to Robert Pattinson?

Such a fake apology. He knew she was in a relationship. And a partner isn't any less of a human being just because you're not married to them. It hurts as much.
__________________
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
{ Emilia } is offline  
Old July 25 2012, 09:00 PM   #41
Kestrel
Vice Admiral
 
Kestrel's Avatar
 
Location: East Tennessee
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

^ Inquiring minds want to know!

Dream wrote: View Post
People are focusing on Stewart because she is one of the biggest female movie stars right now.

There is not much focus on Sanders because Snow White was his first big movie and before he had mainly done commercials. People barely know anything about him.
Bunkum.
__________________
"You mean life?"
"Yeah. Does it get easy?"
"What do you want me to say?"
"Lie to me."
Kestrel is offline  
Old July 25 2012, 09:01 PM   #42
Gaith
Rear Admiral
 
Gaith's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, DC
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

{ Emilia } wrote: View Post
Why did the guy not apologize to Robert Pattinson?

Such a fake apology. He knew she was in a relationship.
And now you're an expert on that relationship too, huh? We got ourselves a whole lot of experts here. You know for a fact that KS and RP weren't emotionally split at the time, but under pressure to conceal that (and make inane statements such as those linked upthread) in order to avoid ticking off potential Breaking Dawn 2 ticket-buyers? Were you in the room? Watching a live feed? Or perhaps you can't believe that celebrities would treat their non-private "private" lives so cynically?

And what the hell business is it of yours if the guy apologizes to RP or not?
Gaith is offline  
Old July 25 2012, 09:02 PM   #43
{ Emilia }
Rear Admiral
 
{ Emilia }'s Avatar
 
Location: L'Europe
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

Gaith wrote: View Post
{ Emilia } wrote: View Post
Why did the guy not apologize to Robert Pattinson?

Such a fake apology. He knew she was in a relationship.
And now you're an expert on that relationship too, huh? We got ourselves a whole lot of experts here. You know for a fact that KS and RP weren't emotianally split at the time, but under pressure to conceal that (and make inane statements such as those linked upthread) in order to avoid ticking off potential Breaking Dawn 2 ticket-buyers? Were you in the room? Watching a live feed? Or perhaps you can't believe that celebrities would treat their non-private "private" lives so cynically?

And what the hell business is it of yours if the guy apologizes to RP or not?
You completely missed the fact that I was being sarcastic. I was referring to the people who expected her to apologize to his family and turned it around.

How you could miss that is a mystery to me. But grats on the condescending tone. Just a shame you missed the fact that I completely agree with you.
__________________
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
{ Emilia } is offline  
Old July 25 2012, 09:03 PM   #44
gblews
Rear Admiral
 
gblews's Avatar
 
Location: So. Cal.
View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

Robert Maxwell;6697280[QUOTE=gblews wrote: View Post
DonIago wrote: View Post
Why should she owe the wife and kids an apology?
{ Emilia } wrote: View Post
I'm not sure why she should be apologizing to his family.
Because, no doubt, she knew he was married.

Now, if she didn't know he was married, the gracious thing to do would be to state that, offer an apology, and let the wife know that had she (Stewart) known he was married, she would not have done it. But she likely can't do this because SHE KNEW HE WAS MARRIED.
Why is it the guy gets a pass on this shit?
Where in my post do I state or even imply that Stewart is the only one at fault? My statement was that the most gracious response would be for her to apologise to the wife because Stewart likely knew he was married whiel she was lip locked with the guy. This was in response to the question: why should Stewart apologise?

A married man cheats on his wife. The mistress is a "homewrecker." What's the man? Well, just a man. They can't help it. Fucking around is what they do, I guess.
I understand your wanting to get this out there, but I can't see where it has anything to do with my post.
__________________
Duckman: I'll never forget the last thing my father said to me...
Cornfed: "Careful son, I don't think the safety's on"?
Duckman: BEFORE THAT!!!
gblews is offline  
Old July 25 2012, 09:03 PM   #45
Sci
Admiral
 
Sci's Avatar
 
Location: State of Maryland/District of Columbia
Re: Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Fling with Married Director

Dream wrote: View Post
Sci wrote: View Post
I am debunking that idea and explaining the real ideological roots of the antipathy being expressed towards Stewart.
People are focusing on Stewart because she is one of the biggest female movie stars right now.

There is not much focus on Sanders because Snow White was his first big movie and before he had mainly done commercials. People barely know anything about him.
Their relative fame has nothing to do with their relative moral statuses. You are holding them up to a double standard on the basis of a sexist ideology, and you deserve to be called on it.
__________________
This dream must end, this world must know:
We all depend on the beast below.
Sci is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
adultery, kristen stewart, robert pattinson

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.