Quinto In The Slap
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

Burton On Shatner’s Brown Bag Wine Tasting
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

New Trek Trading Card Series
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

New Red Shirt Diaries Episode
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old July 5 2012, 10:37 PM   #1
Tcsfan
Lieutenant Commander

Do you like ds9

I never really liked it but you know I might be wrong about it .I only wached one episod. Isaid the same thing about voy but then I got in to it ,and if you like it what is a good episod for me to wach.

Last edited by Tcsfan; July 5 2012 at 10:48 PM.
Tcsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2012, 10:40 PM   #2
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Do you like ds9

In order for us board members to help you, we'll need a little more information in order to pick hopefully a suitable episode.

What types of episodes do you like, story wise?
You mention VOY do you have a particualr episode you would rate as your favourite?
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2012, 10:40 PM   #3
Iamnotspock
Captain

Tcsfan wrote: View Post
I never really liked it but you know I might be wrong about it I only wached one episod I said the same thing about voy but then I got in to it and if you like it what is a good episod for me to wach
You might be wrong? Well, if you're judging 170-odd episodes of TV by one episode, the chances are you might be, yes.

"...the best acted, written, produced and altogether finest [Star Trek series]." - TV Guide. I'm inclined to agree.
Iamnotspock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2012, 10:43 PM   #4
Count Zero
Decidedly something

It would also be helpful if you could use punctuation in your posts, Tcsfan. It would make them a lot easier to read and more likely that people will respond positively to them.
Old July 5 2012, 10:44 PM   #5
Gary Mitchell
Admiral

If I had a phaser to my head and had to pick only one episode for you to try, I'd pick "The Way of the Warrior".
Old July 5 2012, 10:45 PM   #6
Tcsfan
Lieutenant Commander

I wach st on Netflix so i can wach any episod oh and I like episods with the doctors in thim is there any goods one like that
Tcsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2012, 10:47 PM   #7
Mage
Commodore

To me, DS9 is the best of the Trek shows. I could make a long, lengthy, essay-like post of why (and trust, some people on this forum will), but I don't see the point.
I love DS9 for my own reasons, and some hate it for their own reasons.

If you want to know if the show is any good, watch it. Form your own opinion, like you did with VOY. Who knows, maybe DS9 will become your favorite tv-show ever. Maybe you'll hate it more then anything. But you'll have atleast come to that conclusion by yourself. Something people don't do that much anymore.
Old July 5 2012, 10:54 PM   #8
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Good show but not the 'end all, be all' of Trek some around here make it out to be...

Some episode to try...

Duet
Captive Pursuit
Homefront/Paradise Lost
The Seige of AR-558
Old July 5 2012, 10:59 PM   #9
ILOVETREK1701
Lieutenant Commander

The episode call to arms is one of my favorites though you might need to see more before you watch it.

ILOVETREK1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2012, 11:01 PM   #10
MacLeod
Admiral

From what I recall from similiar DSN threads, about not getting into it when it first aired etc.. Is that now they are more mature/older than when it first aired, so perhaps they can appreciate it on a level they couldn't when they were younger.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2012, 06:04 AM   #11
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

It's hard to get into especially if you start from the premiere Emmisary as most season one episodes aren't that great. Season two starts well and ends well but sags in the middle. Season three is where the show really takes off. Watch episodes like Emmisary, Duet, In The Name of the Prophets, the first three episodes of season 2, Crossover, Necessary Evil, the season 2 finale and there's others but i'm blanking on names right now.
Old July 6 2012, 09:58 PM   #12
Seven
Cadet

I think the first episode was one of the best first episodes of any ST Series.
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2012, 10:02 PM   #13
Seven
Cadet

In fact I only recently got into DS9 but from what I've heard and seen, there's a lot more space battle scenarios which is a plus I suppose. Is that true?
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2012, 11:37 PM   #14
Iamnotspock
Captain

Seven wrote: View Post
In fact I only recently got into DS9 but from what I've heard and seen, there's a lot more space battle scenarios which is a plus I suppose. Is that true?
Yes, but there's so much more to it than that.
Iamnotspock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2012, 11:45 PM   #15
bbailey861
Admiral

First, yes, I like DS9. A lot. Start at the very beginning with "Emissary" and keep going from there. You will need to watch a few episodes to get to learn about everybody - but it is worth it. I think you will become a fan too. Read the books as well. Have fun.
bbailey861 is offline   Reply With Quote